IGNORED

Alan Stubbs

xsaint

Guest fozzie22
but sadly some of us felt he was too old to come back into the team when moyes got him back!

I said last summer that DM let the wrong one go..weir should have been sent on his way,but typically Everton way of doing things we complicate matters to the extreme

and they wont i presume, weir and stubbs have been great together so far..stubbs is bringing the best of weir, both wer immense yesterday, its nice to see that there is gonna be a bit of competition in defence :)

valente is lookin better every week...

boo boys all gone quite aswell i have noticed ;)

I think most people would have prefered a more long term replacement to come than re-signing Stubbs, yeah he is playing well at the moment but come end of season we will be looking for at least 2 new centre halves.

For me -Stubbs has impressed - i didnt think that he would cut the mustard given that he left and then didnt really get a game and is 34yrs old.

He has brought out a different side to David weir for sure, but I worry that it is only a limited, very limited partnership. There is no way that we can rely on that pairing going into a new season.

Based on that we need another Centre back for cover - preferrably someone who is young.

So that means that Moyes will have to put some money away for a defender (probably 2 defenders as Valente is 31) - provided that ferrari signs and both him and Yobo stay fit next year.

So that seriously dents our 'strikers' benevolent' fund. We are going from Robbie Keane to Robbie Earnshaw to Jack the lad - because we are going to have to spend in other areas - and Moyes will prefer to have a solid defence rather than a devastating strike force.

Stubbsy will certainly fill a void but I wouldn't blow his trumpet.

Come on chaps - We all know Stubbs shouldn't have left last season and the manner in which he went was a little embaressing - to both the club and Stubbs.

But you can tell he is happy to be back.

Yes, we could do with another long term CB especially if Ferrari doesn't stay. But with Yobo I think we have one of the better CB's in the Prem. So we are at least halfway to a good pairing.

Kroldroup was a bit of a flop - but he has gone and we will move on, and we lost a few quid - big deal. Many players flop at lots of club - Stubbs will more than filled his boots for the rest of this season and was free. No major damage done (we could have £13m invested in Bounmsong and Bramble - so count ourselves lucky)

I think this was a good move by Moyes and the board - recongnised that Kroldroup was not going to settle in Mersyside, and my not have cut it in the Prem - and got rid quickly (even though a bit embaressing for them). And now have the money for a long term replacement for Kroldrup is in the bank ready for the summer.

We could have been in the position this summer were we couldn't bring in another CB (perhaps Ferrari) until Kroldroup was gone.

Guest fozzie22
Come on chaps - We all know Stubbs shouldn't have left last season and the manner in which he went was a little embaressing - to both the club and Stubbs.

But you can tell he is happy to be back.

Yes, we could do with another long term CB especially if Ferrari doesn't stay. But with Yobo I think we have one of the better CB's in the Prem. So we are at least halfway to a good pairing.

Kroldroup was a bit of a flop - but he has gone and we will move on, and we lost a few quid - big deal. Many players flop at lots of club - Stubbs will more than filled his boots for the rest of this season and was free. No major damage done (we could have £13m invested in Bounmsong and Bramble - so count ourselves lucky)

I think this was a good move by Moyes and the board - recongnised that Kroldroup was not going to settle in Mersyside, and my not have cut it in the Prem - and got rid quickly (even though a bit embaressing for them).  And now have the money for a long term replacement for Kroldrup is in the bank ready for the summer.

We could have been in the position this summer were we couldn't bring in another CB (perhaps Ferrari) until Kroldroup was gone.

I dont think the money is there Rob,

The sales where done as a panic book balancing measure nothing more nothing less.

Back to the subject of  Stubbsy........................... makes you wonder how he couldnt get in to the SUNDERLAND TEAM. ?? :blink:   :blink:

Licker. :)

Stubbs is a prime example of how a player is a totally different proposition when he is comfortable at a certain club. You can have plenty of ability, but if your heart isn't in it there is not a lot you can do to raise your game.