IGNORED

A Bit Of A Moan Really....

Hafnia

After watching what was a great opening 20 minutes on Saturday I have to get back to a major sticking point (now try to forget the fact that we won and we are doing well at the moment)

The problem is that the team has an issue in taking advantage when going a goal ahead. We can not seem to get the Arsenal/Blackburn/West Ham mentality of finishing teams off by continually attacking when going a goal ahead. Man City were awful but we still offered them too many chances to get a goal they didn't deserve. We sat back and let them have a go.

Now it's great that we got the 3 points but on another day against another team we may lose unless we get that ruthless mentality.

On the positive side - Leon proved what I have always said about him that he is not far away from international class (won't get in England unless he plays for RS, Mancs or Chelsea/Arsenal) - nearest player we have had to Trevor Steven. Stubbs marshalled the back line and Tony defended termendously. Arteta was also great when we were great. Richard Wright... well let's just not comment.

Not a full on moan but it is something I would like to see us improve on.

I know what you mean hafnia, I thought the game was a bit stuffy.

But, it happens, the old adage of "A good team can play badly and still win" applies here. We didn't play that well but got the points. I'll take that, if we play great against Blackburn next week and beattie scorse a hat trick

That said, it is a bit of a tightrope we are working with these 1 nilers

Now it's great that we got the 3 points but on another day against another team we may lose unless we get that ruthless mentality.

said, it is a bit of a tightrope we are working with these 1 nilers

Wednesday night is a perfect example, if we score and sit back they will kill us at the bridge!!

I know what everybody is saying. However, I think it is a fine line.

Once we get in front very few teams do manage to pull a goal back against us. When we go ahead it is rear for teams to get even a draw from us.

If you look at the stats - we had drawn very few games (over the last few seasons). Now you can say if we push on a little more for the second or third goal the odds are that we would be more likley to conceed an equalizer.

Just taking a 50%-50% - one week you get the second goal, the next you conceed an equaliser.

Simply over three games -

I would rather three 1-0 victories (9 points) than

one 2-0 victory, a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw (7 points)

Mulipy that out over a season and it could be a fair few point.

We haven't yet got the squad to get carried away to think we can steam roller teams - I will take 1-0 wins all season with the current squad of players.

I know what everybody is saying. However, I think it is a fine line.

Once we get in front very few teams do manage to pull a goal back against us. When we go ahead it is rear for teams to get even a draw from us.

If you look at the stats - we had drawn very few games (over the last few seasons). Now you can say if we push on a little more for the second or third goal the odds are that we would be more likley to conceed an equalizer.

Just taking a 50%-50% - one week you get the second goal, the next you conceed an equaliser.

Simply over three games  -

I would rather three 1-0 victories (9 points) than

one 2-0 victory, a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw  (7 points)

Mulipy that out over a season and it could be a fair few point.

We haven't yet got the squad to get carried away to think we can steam roller teams - I will take 1-0 wins all season with the current squad of players.

Yes know what your saying but loosing 2 points in the 87th min is a kick in the nuts and we look so close to doing it at times. Plus sendings off or injurys can also weaken the team to a dangerous point!

Then take Wednesday, if we let them cum at us for the second half and they snatch a goal will we be able to last extra time? Especialy considering they could bring on Duff, Gudjohnson & Maniche with fresh legs. Scary proposition to any team!

You are going to this game arent you.

Do you know if we are taking a lot of support?

Hope its a grand day out anyway.

Think there will be lots of empty chelski seats

Dont know how many we are taking but our coach will make enough noise for the boys :D

Seriously though i do think we can do this, have confidence fellow Evertonians B)