IGNORED

Mikel Is Wanted

Not a dickie bird, no offence P4E but I consider Pompey to be a smaller club than Everton and in my opinion it would be a backwards step for Arteta's career moving to the south coast. After years mediocrity I feel we are finally going places.

Mikel said earlier this month that he's happy to stay at Everton and the way Moyes manages is special so I can see it being nonsense. :)

well said romey!

my take on arteta is that he's not good enough for the big 3 of man u, arse and chelsea and a move to any other other prem side would be a sideways move at best.

unless a decent european, and most likely spanish, side makes a move for him, there's not much chance or point of him leaving us

Aside from the fact that he's settled here and happy, he's also only in the first year of a five-year contract. So we have no reason or incentive to even think about selling him right now, unless someone made us an absolutely off-the-charts-crazy-insane offer.

Well, it was just a rumour, so tbh i am not to down hearted if we dont get Arteta, if we get into europe, win the FA cup, maybe champions shield these things will be taken into account by any players that we try to buy. i dont think Everon are a bigger club then Pompey, i think your considered a better club then us because you go into europe and you have been in the premiership for ages, but pompey have come the furthest in the shortest amount of time, dont you think?

Well, it was just a rumour, so tbh i am not to down hearted if we dont get Arteta, if we get into europe, win the FA cup, maybe champions shield these things will be taken into account by any players that we try to buy. i dont think Everon are a bigger club then Pompey, i think your considered a better club then us because you go into europe and you have been in the premiership for ages, but pompey have come the furthest in the shortest amount of time, dont you think?

We're not bigger than you lot? Go look at your honours list and then come back. We're a bigger and a better club than Portsmouth, no contest.

You also said this, which is a load of bollocks.

Edited by Romey 1878

yes, ignore the tone of the earlier bloke who told you to get lost, you are welcome to stick around.

I quite like pompey, certainly more than most other clubs in the league. nice little stadium with a GREAT atmosphere (even if the drums are a bit irritating), and the side is far more interesting to watch than most of the clubs in the league.

I don't think it's unrealistic for you guys to be chasing players of arteta's quality, but just think you need to look to players who should be playing at better clubs than they presently are or who aren't settled. arteta fits into neither category.

Well i must dis-agree with the "Nice little stadium" bit, because it really isnt. But i must admit the atmosphere at Fratton Park is the best in the premier league. Everton's fans are usually quite nice when they win, because Man Utd fans never stop going on about how brilliant they are. But i wont be on all the time, because after all i am a Pompey fan :D