IGNORED

Next Season

I think our Uefa cup run this year has really opened the clubs eyes and i think due to this our transfer targets will need to change dramatically from previous seasons maybe even from last season. I think at times this year our football has been sensational and a pleasure to watch. Obviously finance dictates a lot and due to the fact that Spurs, Villa, Newcastle and even Portsmouth can spend big on fees and wages Bill and co really need to show there intent and build. This is the time to do it and i hope we dont miss an opportunity like we did a few seasons ago when we finished 7th.

I think the days of us shopping in the championship are over because the money they are asking for young british players are daft. Don't get me wrong Lescott, Cahill and Jags have been amazing but its gonna be hard to keep asking Davey to find them. You only have to look at the likes of Chris Gunter going to Spurs for £4.5 million as an obvious example.

We need a right full back and two midfielders in my opinion. Aswell as keeping Pionaeer i would love these:

Fellini - Strong, young midfielder. 6 foot 4" and would give us an imposing presence. £6- £8 million.

Delgado- Argentinian playmaker plays for Besiktas. 25 years old the boy is amazing go on you tube and watch him. £6-£8 million.

Arshavin- Zenit St Petersburg midfielder played against us in uefa, early doors nice and tidy player who again will be snapped up soon by the big players in europe. £6 -£10 million

What do you guys think?

Edited by Finn balor

Moyes will make 1 or 2 BIG 1st team signings (e.g. yak, aj), snap someone up from the lower leagues (where do i start?), and sign someone who is being frozen out on-loan (e.g pienaar, fernandes, arteta). And of course we need to sign our token man.ure player!!!

Big signing's (strengthen 1st team) - Kallstrom (dm), Pienaar (l/rw), Gary Neville (rb)(we always have 1 token Man.Ure signing...)

Lower league capture - Ledley (lw)

Squad signing - another striker, another centre midfielder, gardner (cb) if he's impressed and free or £500k

Plus moyes always pulls a fantastic loan signing or two out of the bag.

I expect VDM and Nuno to leave - see the back of grav and fernandes (unless he's playing shit to bring his price down!) and I'm not 100% confident on AJ's future - swap for Ashton? - I would...

What is this crap? Moyes has been here 6 years and we've brought two manure players in, hardly a regular thing now is it?

I bet he'll sign a Man.Ure player this pre-season - brown, scholes, fletcher, saha, o'shea - but I reckon Gary Neville would be worth a couple of quid - total long shot. Moyes and Fergie are close and we are linked to a Man.Ure player every summer. They're the only club I can think of that we've signed more than 1 player off in Moysies time...

Id still like Appiah, cant see it but id like it.

a left footed midfielder, a right back would be nice but not urgent to me.

He's apparently looking for a move this summer, and Fenerbache want rid as they had a bust-up because of Appiah's choice to have surgery on his knee.

Heres a story from SSN from during ACN.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,13979_3090960,00.html

Moyes will make 1 or 2 BIG 1st team signings (e.g. yak, aj), snap someone up from the lower leagues (where do i start?), and sign someone who is being frozen out on-loan (e.g pienaar, fernandes, arteta). And of course we need to sign our token man.ure player!!!

Big signing's (strengthen 1st team) - Kallstrom (dm), Pienaar (l/rw), Gary Neville (rb)(we always have 1 token Man.Ure signing...)

Lower league capture - Ledley (lw)

Squad signing - another striker, another centre midfielder, gardner (cb) if he's impressed and free or £500k

Plus moyes always pulls a fantastic loan signing or two out of the bag.

I expect VDM and Nuno to leave - see the back of grav and fernandes (unless he's playing shit to bring his price down!) and I'm not 100% confident on AJ's future - swap for Ashton? - I would...

I'm not sure about that. I think a year ago i might have taken Ashton but i don't think he has progressed that much and I think that now he is a real injury liabilty. I prefer AJ at the moment, his work rate is second to none.

A winger - This is a bit random and maybe i've only seen his better performances but Daryl Murphy (~25yrs old, 6' 3", great left peg and quite cheap if they get relegated.

A forward - We've proved we are short up front when we get injuries - How much for Benzema??!!

Ctr Mid - Fernandes on another year loan as he's not yet proven his worth this time round but the talent is there (reckon valencia would agree to another loan).

...Oh, and peanuts!

We could never afford Benzema. He can probably have the pick of almost any team. I also think that Pienaar is a given as a signing so im going to name others i would like to see come in.

The players i would like to see in/out:-

IN:

Kalstrom

Ledley

and a right back, though i can't think of one that really jumps out at me at the moment, possibly Hoyte.

and maybe also another striker as a replacement for mcfadden, i still think arshavin would be an amazing replacement.

OUT

VDM (about time too)

The one thing we need more than anything else is a captain.

Neville is a reasonable right back and offers good versatility. He's also a reasonable captain.

But when the chips are down or we need to up the performance with 25 minutes of a game left we need someone who is going to drag the team by the scruff of their neck to seek a result.

I'm talking Keane, Gerrard, Bryan Robson, Tony Adams.

I don't believe we have such a man on the playing staff.

The one thing we need more than anything else is a captain.

I'm talking Keane, Gerrard, Bryan Robson, Tony Adams.

Agree but I wouldn't put Robson in that group, as inspirational as a halibut imo. Peter Reid (even though he was never Everton's captain I don't think) I'd go for as a better example of the type we need.

There's precious few about today, Gerrard for sure but I'm struggling to think of others.

You can't buy someone in for the express purpose of being the captain, a leader of sorts but not a captain. You have to earn the right to captain the team, you have to earn the respect of the team, you have to earn the respect of the fans and you have to learn about the club and embody what it stands for, they have to develop the passion to run through brick walls for the club. A captain is moulded over time as they grow into the club. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure people have different views.

Also agree with that Mark, you can't buy someone in and immediately make them captain, but we need someone in that mould. Ideally someone from within will step up, TC's a possibility in my view as is Jags possibly in the future. Yobo isn't, and neither is Lescott.

That's not to say that the captain neccessarily needs to be that type of character if you have other leaders on the pitch. Calm captain, which could be Yobo for example, has benefits as well.

Edited by MikeO

Was just going to say the same Mike.... WHAT MAKES A GOOD CAPTAIN.

Two of the best captains we've had since i've been watching have been Alan Ball and Brian Labone, Two people who are as far apart as you could ever get.

Alan Ball.. Bags full of energy, a fiery tempremental nasty piece of work, and quite mouthy with it, as many of his team mates who got many a tongue lashing would tell you.

Brian Labone ... Quite the opposite, so well laid back and easy going, i never once saw him having a go at his team mates, he just led by example and did his job quietly but effectively.

What makes a good captain.???

IMO not Neville the reason, being this. I don't think next year he will be good enough to get in the team (and maybe this year!). However he is a reasonable captain but you need to be in the team for your football and not just to be on the pitch as a leader/captain. I'm finding that Neville says all the right things before and after the games but goes missing whilst his out on the green stuff and does practise what he preaches. That my opinion anyway.

Edited by barryj

You can't buy someone in for the express purpose of being the captain, a leader of sorts but not a captain. You have to earn the right to captain the team, you have to earn the respect of the team, you have to earn the respect of the fans and you have to learn about the club and embody what it stands for, they have to develop the passion to run through brick walls for the club. A captain is moulded over time as they grow into the club. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure people have different views.

Agree but reckon Pip Neville was brought in much for that reason, he was captain in no time.

I think Moysie might go in for another striker and if he does it will probably be a link man. I think he will look towards europe Arshavin could be the man. As a right full back Hoyte could be good unless Moysie has plans to bed in Gosling in the summer. If Neville is ousted next term i wouldnt mind Artea getting it because it may inspire him a little more and get that extra 10% out of him we need.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

I Would Love Us To Sign That Adam Johnson The Young Lad From Boro

And....

Toomy Huddlestone. I Think He Would Be A Great Replacement For Carsley. Same Type Of Player Isnt He? I Think Huddlestone Offers More Than Carsley AswelL. More Creative On The Ball And A Better Passer Of The Ball. Would Give Us Height And Strengh In The Midfeild Also!

I Think We Need To Spend Around 30 Million In The Summer To Keep Us Moving In The Right Direction. Some Good Names Been Thrown Around. Like The Sound Of Hoyte Aswell At Right Back. Great At Getting Forward

Edited by blueboy122

• 1 year later...
I think our Uefa cup run this year has really opened the clubs eyes and i think due to this our transfer targets will need to change dramatically from previous seasons maybe even from last season. I think at times this year our football has been sensational and a pleasure to watch. Obviously finance dictates a lot and due to the fact that Spurs, Villa, Newcastle and even Portsmouth can spend big on fees and wages Bill and co really need to show there intent and build. This is the time to do it and i hope we dont miss an opportunity like we did a few seasons ago when we finished 7th.

I think the days of us shopping in the championship are over because the money they are asking for young british players are daft. Don't get me wrong Lescott, Cahill and Jags have been amazing but its gonna be hard to keep asking Davey to find them. You only have to look at the likes of Chris Gunter going to Spurs for £4.5 million as an obvious example.

We need a right full back and two midfielders in my opinion. Aswell as keeping Pionaeer i would love these:

Fellini - Strong, young midfielder. 6 foot 4" and would give us an imposing presence. £6- £8 million.

Delgado- Argentinian playmaker plays for Besiktas. 25 years old the boy is amazing go on you tube and watch him. £6-£8 million.

Arshavin- Zenit St Petersburg midfielder played against us in uefa, early doors nice and tidy player who again will be snapped up soon by the big players in europe. £6 -£10 million

What do you guys think?

I bet he'll sign a Man.Ure player this pre-season - brown, scholes, fletcher, saha, o'shea - but I reckon Gary Neville would be worth a couple of quid - total long shot. Moyes and Fergie are close and we are linked to a Man.Ure player every summer. They're the only club I can think of that we've signed more than 1 player off in Moysies time...

Here is a bit of toffeetalk foresight on here pre last summer!

Five in, Five out at Goodison Park

Max McLaren

Posted on: 08 July 2009 - 12:25

Football

Comments: Be the first to comment

Under the shrewd guidance of David Moyes, Everton have hovered on the periphery of the big four for the past few seasons. Short of striking options last term yet still able to finish fifth, one or two reinforcements may see the Toffees capable of grabbing a Champions League qualifying place next season. Take a look at Sport.co.uk's tongue in cheek look at the Scotsman's dealings this summer.

GET YOUR COAT…

Victor Anichebe

Position: Striker

Likely cost: £5 million

Teams interested: Sunderland, Wolves, Wigan

At 21 years of age, the Nigerian has found goals at a premium defying his undoubted talent. Moyes clearly rates the youngster, yet the Scotsman remains on the look out for a striker despite another season-long loan for Jo. The youngster may have to look further afield to fulfil his ambitions in the Premier League.

Joleon Lescott

Position: Defender

Likely cost: £20 million

Teams interested: Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea

Lescott forced his way into the England fold last season, impressing at both central defender and left-back for the Toffees. With Man City on the hunt for defensive reinforcements, Lescott’s versatility makes him an attractive prospect for Mark Hughes’ big-spending outfit. The 26 year-old is a major part of Moyes’ plans, and the Scot will undoubtedly fight to keep one of his more prized assets.

James Vaughan

Likely cost: £4 million

Teams interested: Burnley, Fulham, Sunderland

A number of injuries have hampered Vaughan’s Everton career so far, and although he is a prospect, his attitude has been called into question by his manager, with the pair having an alleged falling out last season. A product of the Academy, Moyes would like the 19 year-old to begin showing the same application illustrated by the likes of Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling, though the lure of first-team football or a decent bid may prove too good for the player or club. A loan deal away from Goodison is more likely, however.

Tony Hibbert

Position: Defender

Likely cost: £1.5 million

Teams interested: Stoke, Burnley, Hull

With the likely signings of Jo and Tuncay, positions in the midfield will be fiercely contested, and the club captain Phil Neville will probably revert to his more natural position of right-back. The club’s reshuffle and strong ambition might see Hibbert restricted to a peripheral role and the 28 year-old may look to greener pastures.

Carlo Nash

Position: Goalkeeper

Likely cost: £250, 000

Teams interested: Burnley, Stoke, Aston Villa

The 35 year-old shot-stopper would represent a cheap back-up option for any club in the Premier League, and having not played a single minute for the Toffees in the league, he may well look to move on. Having helped Stoke gain promotion to the Premier League in the 2007/08 season, Nash may seek a romantic end to his career.

HELLO BOYS…

Jo

Likely cost: Season-long Loan

Teams interested: Bolton, Wigan, Portsmouth

Jo is seemingly surplus to requirements at Man City with the club bringing in Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy since the Brazilian was brought to Eastlands by current manager Mark Hughes, and with Carlos Tevez and potentially Samuel Eto’o on the horizon, his first team chances at the cash-rich club are unlikely to improve.

Tuncay

Likely cost: £6 million

Teams interested: West Ham, Aston Villa, Fulham

Everton were short of striking options during the 2008/09 campaign, often employing midfielder Tim Cahill up-front. Tuncay would therefore seem a likely candidate to make the move to Goodison Park, having been relegated with Middlesbrough. At 27 years of age, the Turkish international would represent a relatively low-cost, low-risk option for Moyes, in addition to being an excellent addition to his squad.

Steven Defour

Position: Midfielder

Likely cost: £13 million

Teams interested: Aston Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool

The 21 year-old Belgian and former team-mate of Marouane Fellaini, has already been the subject of a bid from David Moyes, though the fee of around £9 million was reportedly rejected by his club Standard Liege. It is believed Moyes has increased his bid to around £13 million, but were the asking price to rise much further, the Scot may be priced-out of the market and forced to look elsewhere.

Mark Noble

Position: Midfielder

Likely cost: £15 million

Teams interested: Aston Villa, Liverpool, Tottenham

The loss of Mikel Arteta to injury last season dented Everton’s momentum during the latter stages, with the Spaniard crucially missing the FA Cup defeat to Chelsea. Noble, having captained the U-21 national side in this summer’s European Championships, could form an exciting partnership with the soon-to-be fit again Arteta. A move could suit Noble, with Everton playing in Europe during a World Cup year, although the pint-sized Gianfranco Zola would undoubtedly shun such an approach.

Eidur Gudjohnsen

Position: Forward

Likely cost: £3 million

Teams interested: Tottenham, West Ham, Portsmouth

Gudjohnsen may have high wage demands, yet his Premier League calibre is proven having enjoyed successful spells at Bolton and Chelsea. Though West Ham has been the club most forthright in showing interest, Moyes may yet decide to make a move for the Icelandic international. Gudjohnsen and Cahill playing behind Yakubu? Might that be enough for an elusive top-four finish?

"Taken from sport.co.uk blogs, interesting that they are gettin rid of Vaughan!"