IGNORED

The Nearly Man And The Dreamer.

Yet another season of mediocrity eh? what else can we really expect when the club is led from the top by a man who can only offer us dreams and memories from bygone times? Kenwright is kidding himself and the fans, why is this club not being run by someone with the ability and knowhow that will take us foreward? Moyes, the nearly man, he will never win anything, his managerial record is there for everyone to see, when at Preston he took them to the play off's only to fall at the final fence. Moyes is an honest hard working manager, but, not a successful one unfortunately. Sorry to be spreading doom and gloom, but why is this club still going backwards? yet again no more signings, we just have to put up with watching second rate under achievers, who seem to go through the motions, while picking up their kings ransome every week, its makes me sick.

Guest fozzie22
Yet another season of mediocrity eh? what else can we really expect when the club is led from the top by a man who can only offer us dreams and memories from bygone times? Kenwright is kidding himself and the fans, why is this club not being run by someone with the ability and knowhow that will take us foreward? Moyes, the nearly man, he will never win anything, his managerial record is there for everyone to see, when at Preston he took them to the play off's only to fall at the final fence. Moyes is an honest hard working manager, but, not a successful one unfortunately. Sorry to be spreading doom and gloom, but why is this club still going backwards? yet again no more signings, we just have to put up with watching second rate under achievers, who seem to go through the motions, while picking up their kings ransome every week, its makes me sick.

Got to agree with you Bernie..

Last nights game left me in little doubt that we are a very medicre side with one game plan,and when that goes wrong we have nothing else to offer,the gulf in class between the 2 sides was enourmous,as it should be when one side has spent 300+ mill on players,we in the meantime are linked to no marks like stefan iversan

Who do you want to manage us Capello?

What manager's currently managing have won anything apart from the obvious choice?

I agree with the Kenwright statements but i really don't see how much more Moyes can do without a huge outlay of funds. It hurts me to say but what right do we expect to be up there with Chelsea? We've spent peanuts compared to Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs etc. If we continue the way we have lately we should finish top eight and thats the last three out of four seasons we have been challenging for europe. What more realistically do some people want?

I think the quicker us Evertonians realise that to the outside world we are seen as a comparable to Villa, Boro, City and not the top echelon that we were used to.

I really can't agree that the club is going backwards. Becasue from were we were before Moyes arrived any move backwards would basically mean relegation.

Do you mean backwards from the miraculouse 4th place Moyes and the team achived last season by a squad tipped for relegation by most pundits? A feat which got Moyes voted Manager of the season by his piers.

Who do you think we would be able to get in place of Moyes - O'Neill, Wenger, Sir Alex or maybe Mourinio.

You talk of Moyes as a manager who has never won anything or never will. Name realistic potential managers who aren't in the bracket - Alladice, Curbishley or Pearce (there the names being touted for England - non more successful than Moyes)

He has integrety, is hard working and is careful with the clubs money. There are plenty of managers out there who would put the club in the poor house given half the chance - and I would think that the majority of them would never win anything in any case (in the main only three or four clubs will win anything this season and they will basically be the same clubs that have won thinkings over the past 10year and probabley the next 10 year).

If Moyes became available - you can bet your bottom dollar that he would get a big job on the back of what he has done at Everton.

Using Chelsea (the most expensive squad ever compiled) as a benchmark is to put Moyes in an impossible position. When on form Chelsea can make the best teams in the world look like part timers.

I would say that our squad and the clubs overall attraction is in the best shape it has ever been in since the Premiership began.

Bernie I know you are old school, so have a different benchmark as to where the club has been and were it should be. But for may younger fans (i.e anybody under 20) this is probably the best they have ever see the club at (performances and expectations). A sad reflection, I know but thats modern day football for you, when 4th place is worthy of a major song and dance.

I stand by what i say, if Moyes got handed the Man U job i would be surprised if they ever won a trophy, the thing is, Moyes can only produce hard working, one dimensional teams, europe found him out big style, didnt it? Rob, did i hear you say he was careful with the clubs money?!! Richard friggin Wright!! and the dane, how much did we lose on him? sorry mate i dont think he can handle spending huge sums, hes a bargain basement buyer, probably just as well with this lot in the boardroom eh?

Trev, do you think our set up is comparable to the likes of Boro, City, Villa, and the like? look at their grounds! look at some of the players they have! while we continue to sgn the likes of Kilbane Naysmith, Carsley, and Richard Wright, we are way below them lot.

I stand by what i say, if Moyes got  handed the Man U job i would be surprised if they ever won a trophy, the thing is, Moyes can only produce hard working, one dimensional teams, europe found him out big style, didnt it? Rob, did i hear you say he was careful with the clubs money?!!  Richard friggin Wright!! and the dane, how much did we lose on him? sorry mate i dont think he can handle spending huge sums, hes a bargain basement buyer, probably just as well with this lot in the boardroom eh?

Trev, do you think our set up is comparable to the likes of Boro, City, Villa, and the like? look at their grounds! look at some of the players they have! while we continue to sgn the likes of Kilbane Naysmith, Carsley, and Richard Wright, we are way below them lot.

No disrespect mate but your doom & gloom!

How did alex ferguson do in his first european season? bearing in mind he also had a team of emerging stars put in place years before by an excellent youth system.

Give the lad a chance i'v had a season ticket since 94 and iv never seen the club better off than it is right now sad to admit but true. Whe have moved forward under Moyes and i firmly believe our problem comes from the top not the manager!!

Guest fozzie22

Being rather old school myself i do agree with what bernie says,when all is said and done we're medocre nothing mre,nothing less

Sometimes the truth hurts i suppose.

Contradicting yourself here mate. If DM's such a mediocre manager how can he be outperforming Boro, City and Villa for the last season and a half if their players are so much better than ours? You can't have it both ways...if he were a shit manager with shit players we'd be relegated. The likes of Kilbane, Carsley, Naysmith and Wright were all signed years ago...so who have we signed recently of that callibre? Kroldrup was a mistake yes, but Wenger signed Wright and Jeffers, Ferguson signed Forlan and Djemba Djemba..all managers make mistakes. We're top of the current form league table for fucks sake. Slag the man off for not signing anyone but would any players we could afford be of sufficient quality to stop him getting slagged off for signing the likes of yadda yadda yadda(you think buying nine players in January is going to keep Pompey up? I don't).

Enjoy it....this is supposed to be fun!!!

I for one still have faith in DM. There are other clubs out there, with bigger teams, bigger budgets, yet are below us at the moment. We've had to struggle with limited funds for players, and a dreadful run in injuries, yet the form of late has been something to be proud of. Fair enough if we're at the bottom of the table, but give credit to the start of this year.

I do agree on mr. BK tho. I've had a gutfull even from way over here.

What a fantastic thread this is turning out to be. Many people are giving me food for thought, which previously I hadn't considered.

Each of according to our age and personal "half full v half empty" outlook on life will no doubt have their own axe to grind. These are the facts, we are unbeaten in the league this year, some players are begining to tick and fullfill earlier promise and we have some quality players waiting to return from injury.

My view is this - DM is a young manager with ability and ambition, that in itself is not enough, he NEEDS the backing of Chairman and Board. Most of all he has to feel that the fan base is behind him and the team.

Players and managers come and go - success comes and goes, but the one constant that gives us joy and purpose is OUR CLUB.

A little bit rambling this post, but it is heartfelt. :D

ATB

Mac

I for one think Moyes has moved us forward no end, this is the best squad we have had in years, we are better off financially than when the Prem started, the average age of the team is the lowest in years.

I dont agree with people who slag off Moyes would you prefer to go back to the days of Walter Smith?.

Given he didnt improve the squad in Jan, but he could have done what previous managers have done and brought in Backoftheecho, Amo etc and would we be better off??

Bernie you haven' answered the questions I posed you.

First, In what way are the club still moving backwards under Moyes? I am plapexed on how you can come out with that statement.

"Yet another season of mediocrety" is a move forward from another season of battleing relegation up until the last game or two of the season.

I am afraid that we will have to go through mediocrety before we think about getting beyond that.

The only team I would say are above mediocrety are Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. With Spurs making a little headway.

Like all Evertonians I would love to get back to the glory days of the mid -eighties. Trouble is nowerdays getting together a squad like we did in the eighties is not good enough - in the Prem today you need to buy a host of the WORLDS BEST players just to be a regular top 4 finisher.

at this moment in time I don't think it is possible for any manager in the world - who on a modest budget (such as teams lower than those mentioned above) to be able to put together a squad who could even regulaly (say three years on the run) finish in the top 5 of the Prem. Just not possible - if you unearth some great player within one or two season they will be snapped up. I don't think there is anyone who could keep uncovering enough gems to keep a team like that going. Wengers the closest I have seen at doing that - be even he has not done that well in the last couple of years.

The only way for us to ever compeate how you would like, is for somebody to pump millions in to the club - and these days £10Ms is not enough, it has to be £100M's. It is never going to happen.

I don't buy Moyes not being able to handle big transfers.

I am sure yourself and Fozzie almost get some perverse plesure when players such as Wright and Kroldroup flop - as it gives you a little ammunition to fire at Moyes and the board - "and all that wrong with the club" and the alike.

These two player are now the standard gripe -

Moyes is not a miracle work - who everything he touches turns to gold. Becasue there is no manager out there who can do that. Allerdice, Curbishley, McClaren, Wenger, Ferguson, Souness, Benetez have all bought in turkey's in the last 18 months.

And that leads me to the second question you haven't answer

If not Moyes, who is this successful manager we should be looking to replace him with?

Another ramble - but this is the type of negative post that really gets me going - especially when the team are doing better than anytime over the last 10-15 years.

Guest fozzie22

Not sure how you can say we're doing better than at anytime in the last ten years...

When did we last win ssomething??.oh yes 1995 the fa cup.

Dont presume you know me rob,i dont get pleasure out of any player that fails this club,we havent got the means to do without any player pulling his weight.

No i have little to no doubt at all that DM is hamstrung by this moribound board of ours,the worst ever IMO,even worse than Johnson,but we play a "one trick pony" way of playing..dull,unimaginative football,and if we get found out DM does little or nothing to change things round while the game in play.

Now granted he's got a squad smaller then kate moss's kinckers,but DM himself has been instrumental in this factor too,he has let players go that he deemed where not good enough(rightly so i might add),but to NIT replace these squad players borders on negligence.

You make a good point fozzie but please remind me and everyone else whoe exactly has found us out since Christmas??

Since the PLAYERS have started pulling their weight we have been beaten once!

I agree as far as general club management and squad size is concerned but we are the best team in the Premier League this year (in terms of points & wins).

Guest fozzie22
You make a good point fozzie but please remind me and everyone else whoe exactly has found us out since Christmas??

Since the PLAYERS have started pulling their weight we have been beaten once!

I agree as far as general club management and squad size is concerned but we are the best team in the Premier League this year (in terms of points & wins).

Chelsea spring to mind :P

Not sure how you can say we're doing better than at anytime in the last ten years...

When did we last win ssomething??.oh yes 1995 the fa cup.

Dont presume you know me rob,i dont get pleasure out of any player that fails this club,we havent got the means to do without any player pulling his weight.

No i have little to no doubt at all that DM is hamstrung by this moribound board of ours,the worst ever IMO,even worse than Johnson,but we play a "one trick pony" way of playing..dull,unimaginative football,and if we get found out DM does little or nothing to change things round while the game in play.

Now granted he's got a squad smaller then kate moss's kinckers,but DM himself has been instrumental in this factor too,he has let players go that he deemed where not good enough(rightly so i might add),but to NIT replace these squad players borders on negligence.

The 1995 FA cup win is now 11 years ago - And that season was a flash in the pan rather than the norm - and we where then known as the 'dogs of war' - as far removed from the school of 'science' as you could get. So I can say getting 4th place in the league last season and moving nicely up the table this is the best we have done in 10 years.

I don't presume to know you - all I can go on is your post - And based on those, my general point is valid. You always manage to put a negative slant on anything. My comment was a bit rude though and I applogise for that, I know that you don't really want to see players flop.

I take it you mean letting Bent going for £2.5M this January is negligence. I would say that was a very good bit of business to be honest. The performances Bent put in for us this season - Osman, Cahill, VDM, McFadden will do a better job filling in his boots up front.

The quality of the squad we have now is better than it has been since the 80's. They are of a decent age and not a load of money grabbing has-beens. Its not that long ago we where signing the likes of a spent Gazza and Ginola. Those truly were dark days.

We may be a little one-dimentional at this moment in time, but over the last 10 year the majority of the time we were lucky to even have one dimention that worked, but with the players we have the foundations are there to develop.

My guess is that Moyes is looking to move forward from where the squad and team is now, and his team isn't the finished article.

Moyes has said he isn't going to bring in player that arn't better than what he has already got - I would say in the main he is delivering on this promise. And with the resourses at his disposal this I would say he is doing a very good job.

My biggest gripe is that considering what has happened under Moyes I really can't for the life of me understand how anybody can say over the past 4 years we have gone backwards.

If he had been able to spend like Souness, McClaren, Bruce or Jol I would be with you. - but his net spending over four years is near breakeven. Three of those team are in a relegation battle.

Guest fozzie22

Hehe no offense taken Rob :D

No what i mean by negligence is the way the squad has been run down at the end of the season,players let go with no "squad" replacements brought in to cover them.

Dear god i still laugh at the cash Charlton paid for Bent,they will soon find the error of there ways with him thats for sure.

Maybe i do look at the bad side of everything,but this is Everton after all,get rid of BK and his bumchums in the board room and i'll be a lot happier thats for sure,and as i've said DM has been hampered by them,theres no doubt about that from any of us,but i dont feel he's the right man for the job,he's about holding us steady nothing more,nothing less,wow we qualified for europe and we all know how that turned out,a bloody fiasco thats for sure.

That brings me to the quality of the squad,it plainly is ok for the PL but we'll never get anywhere further than that,any talk of europe makes me shiver,because we will just be found out again.

I dont like spin..too much of it around these days and i'm sorry the now infamous "peoples club" statement was just that..spin.

I have said many times there would be no signings in the january window,and apart from bringing back stubbs from his "loan" at sunderland none came in,in fact we're a player down than at the start of the season :blink: .

We only have to look back to the dark days of decmeber to see what i mean abotu tactics(or lack of them)..he stood on the touchline as the fouth goal went in against bolton like a startled rabbit,it doesnt give me much confidence in DM thats for sure.

Who would replace him..i dont know TBH,but 4 years he's been here now and that given todays football is a long time and lest we forget the summer of 04 when he could have been out on his ear if grieg had his way,i just feel he may be living on borrowed time.

Just been to the barbers and sitting in the chair I tried to get my head around all this...

There is a viewpoint that DM is a mediocre manager based on..

His performance in the transfer market

He's a one trick pony

"we just have to put up with watching second rate under achievers"

...so our team of second rate under achievers, run by "an honest hard working manager, but, not a successful one unfortunately" somehow manage to stumble into fourth place last season.

Unsuccessful Moyes gets his second Manager of the season award in three years.

How exactly did that happen?

Sixteen teams burdened (in some cases) with better players, more money and managers with trophies in their CV (Souness, McLaren..anyone else?) have a collective off season...yeah, that must be it.

So it was luck.

No..still can't get my head around it.

Another point.."europe found him out big style, didnt it?"

and "we qualified for europe and we all know how that turned out,a bloody fiasco thats for sure."

I watched the Villarreal games again recently and the truth is that we were not "found out" and the only "fiasco" was Collina's decision to disallow the goal. Won't get into "what might have been" but we then have a 50/50 chance of winning the tie.

Then in Bucharest we self destructed in the second half, when we looked to be cruising. Was that down to Moyes? Bad team talk? I would bet a small fortune that he said.."Well played lads, half way there..more of the same"

God almighty, what some of you people must have been like when things were really bad. I'm surprised you didn't all jump into the Mersey!!

I know what you mean by Moyes being a stready type of manager - he can look to be too careful - but to be honest in modern day football I would rather have him at the helm - than a manager who is more cavelier in his apporach and spending.

If Moyes was a finacial adivsor and looking after your finances I would guess you could expect a realtively save steady modest return on your investment. You might not double your money in 6 month, but neither will you lose the lot.

Thing is with a finacial advisor, its not their own money they are investing, and if you end up losing the lot, they can just walk away.

I still don't think Everton have made enough equity yet to be able to make the risks that might allow you to double your money.

Moyes is doing a good steady job, and is slowly moving the team forward (won't say club as that is another issue).

He is careful with the clubs money as if it was his own. He has moved the team on without a huge transfer desifit. If he was booted out tomorrow, he could hold his head up high with the fact we have a better squad and no huge debt of HIS creation.

Chairman would be clamering to sign Moyes up as there manager, with what he is acheiving at Goodison and the way in which it is being done.

a lot of manager at a lot of clubs are wasting money hand over fist - and still expect more to spend.

If you think things are bad now - under certain circumstances they could be unimaginabley worse. ( the though of doing a Leeds is scary as hell). And that senario is always only one bad mangerial oppointment away.

Becareful what you wish for - becasue you never know what fool you could have managing your finances.

After reading all these posts, i repeat my question from last week, WHY DO EVERTONIANS ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY? you have all been hoodwinked into believing we are a half decent team, we used to taunt Arsenal about being boring because of the amount of 1 0 wins, and thats why we finished fourth last season, for christ sake lets have some entertainment! and lets start by giving some of the kids a chance. ;)

you have all been hoodwinked into believing we are a half decent team

Believe want you want Bernie...I think you're in a minority. Hoodwinked? By whom?

BK.."Hey Davy, do us a favour....do you think you could fool the fans into thinking we've got a decent team?"

DM (in Scottish accent) "Sure boss..fourth good enough for you?"

...and just one more thing..

What was it like working with Bob Monkhouse?

Guest fozzie22

This is going round in circles tbh

We play boring football nay horrible football,but if thats what you want then hey we'vew got the man for the job

I wouldnt want to pay to watch them at the moment thats for sure,and when did we last get anywhere in europe??

Oh yes 1985..long time ago now isnt it?

After reading all these posts, i repeat my question from last week, WHY DO EVERTONIANS ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY? you have all been hoodwinked into believing we are a half decent team, we used to taunt Arsenal about being boring because of the amount of 1 0 wins, and thats why we finished fourth last season, for christ sake lets have some entertainment! and lets start by giving some of the kids a chance.  ;)

Stop posing the same question, define mediocrity and give us your answer because as far as i can see all evertonians here think we are behind the top clubs through lack of finance and better managed than the majority of mid table clubs.

I think you have clouded jugement the reality of football these days is to play with the big boys you need money & masses off it plus the club needs to be a profitable business to sustain your spending. you just cant build a team from pennies and win the league anymore because the only place you can compete is with clubs on the same level financialy.

Man U

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Newcastle

Tottenham

Portsmouth

Clubs with money who in theory we should finish behind because we do not have the financial power to match their team building. However we finished above four of the mentioned teams last year we were the best of the rest and without investment we will not be able to break into that elite top four!

I cant even believe the way some peoplle are talking here, get a grip the days of £300,000 for Alan Ball and being able to keep the likes of Dixie Dean for years on end have gone. Never again will there be a team that wins the league on a shoestring and never again will the likes of Forest win European cups.

The truth is Evertonians do not accept mediocrity football fans throughout the world accept that without money you cant compete! So we live in hope that if the money does come we have sound business minds to make us great again not pricks like 'arry to spend it all on nine players and still go down!

goldfish, mediocrity is in my book is being content to survive and not having ambition, where is the ambition in our boardroom? thats long gone, for too long our club has taken one step foreward and two back, although at the moment its more a case of one step foreward and one back! As long as our fans accept shite this club will give it to you, ok, we dont have the funds of some of the others, but, that is because we have been run like a corner shop for too long.

You say that the days of signing an Alan Ball for £300,000 have long gone, well in fact we signed him for £110,000 actually, an British transfer record no less, we were setting the standards for others to follow, those days are well and truly gone, due to the no marks in the boardroom.

We are now in the unfortunate position of not having any real money in the bank, we cant compete with the likes of Chelsea we know that, so what do we do? we make it our policy to develop the youth, Crewe have the best youth set up in the country, they started a long term youth policy years ago, and it has certainly paid off for them, why is it that they can produce so many good players while others look on and scratch their heads in amazement? because they have quality coaches who know what it takes to nurture young players and develop them into some of the country's best prospects.

Until we have people in the boardroom who can finance this club as it should be, we should strive to make our youth set up the best in the country, look at us now, portacabins in Netherton!! we have no facilitys for our kids at the moment, an absolute disgrace, i for one will continue to give this board all the abuse they deserve, Kenwright and Co YOU ARE A JOKE.

goldfish, mediocrity is in my book is being content to survive and not having ambition, where is the ambition in our boardroom? thats long gone, for too long our club has taken one step foreward and two back, although at the moment its more a case of one step foreward and one back! As long as our fans accept shite this club will give it to you, ok, we dont have the funds of some of the others, but, that is because we have been run like a corner shop for too long.

You say that the days of signing an Alan Ball for £300,000 have long gone, well in fact we signed him for £110,000 actually, an British transfer record no less, we were setting the standards for others to follow, those days are well and truly gone, due to the no marks in the boardroom.

We are now in the unfortunate position of not having any real money in the bank, we cant compete with the likes of Chelsea we know that, so what do we do? we make it our policy to develop the youth, Crewe have the best youth set up in the country, they started a long term youth policy years ago, and it has certainly paid off for them, why is it that they can produce so many good players while others look on and scratch their heads in amazement? because they have quality coaches who know what it takes to nurture young players and develop them into some of the country's best prospects.

Until we have people in the boardroom who can finance this club as it should be, we should strive to make our youth set up the best in the country, look at us now, portacabins in Netherton!! we have no facilitys for our kids at the moment, an absolute disgrace, i for one will continue to give this board all the abuse they deserve, Kenwright and Co YOU ARE A JOKE.

Thank you for posting answers and i fully agree with the youth development option and that is a clear indication of how shit our board are that the currently try and impress new youngsters with portacabins. This is an area we need to deal with most definatly, thank you for correcting me on Alan Ball's transfare fee but the reality is in those days £110,000 was a record fee but not alot of money! Compare the recent sale of SWP dont know exactly what he was sold for but £20mil plus this is not sustainable. If we made these types of signings we would be no better than before we would have to do the treble to win that money back and one player does not win you the treble!

I understand your fustrations regarding the board but to say we accept mediocrity and the manager is a nearly man is unfounded. To have the kind of money required to lead the pack in modern day football there needs to be a man in the chairman seat with money to throw away. Abramovich will never make his money back unless he stops spending and the team he has built keeps winning along with Kenyon turning the business side of things around.

Last time feelings like this grew amongst supporters we showed that we dont accept mediocrity by calling for the chairman to go and staying in the ground until we got it. At the time we all said to eachother BK has no money, the response "so anyones better than Johnson" so shal we do the same now?

I believe that our team is in a better position than it has been for 10 years, we have the nucleus of a good team with players like Yobo, Arteta & Cahill and possibly Turner (lets wait and see with the kid).

I believe the manager is learning fast and he is young, sensible and shrewd with his spending 90% of the time. I think he is definatly the man to steady the ship (which he already has) and the jury is still out on weather he can handle money if he gets some. The fact though is that David Moyes has reduced the average age of the squad, got rid of alot of dead wood, brought in some good players, some decent players and some possibly players. All of this and we are not in debt which is a massive achievement and leaves us in a position where investors may see us as a decent club not a debt riddled bag of shite we were 5 years ago.

I believe that BK will never take us any further than we are now and i accept that this is one area you could consider us to be accepting mediocrity. However i dont see it like that, i think we are just realists and we accept that there is no one out there at the moment to take us forward. If there is then why have we had no offers? I dont think we have accepted mediocrity i think we have accepted we have a skint, sensible Evertonian at the helm who at least will not butcher our club in the search for instant success. Would you rather have Kenwright or Risdale (spelling?)? If we got him we could morgage our club for 100mil and go on a European toar then end up relagated is that realy what you want?

If david Moyes keeps us top half and pushing for European places and Bill Kenwright keeps us in the black we will be in an excellent position if the investors do come. Until that time we will not know if Moyes can take us to the next level but until then i for one am happy to see us away from the relegation fight and happy to be no longer hearing debt, debt, debt everytime the board speaks.

In short Rome wasnt built in a day!

Some very intelligent, sensible, and heartfelt opinions there, makes for a very good read, and i'm sure that all parties concerned think only of the welfare and future of the Club.

I'm tempted to lean towards the suggestion that we are, at this moment in time, in a much better state than we have been for 15 years or more.

Who has forgotten that two of our last three managers Royle & Kendall, have resigned and walked away because of a complete lack of funds, and lack of support fom the boardroom in any transfer dealings.

Who has forgotten that Duncan Ferguson (in his prime) was sold by the board, without the Manager (W. Smith) having any prior knowledge until the day of the match, When Duncan was pulled out of his team and Sold. :o . Unbelievable.

I was a bit unhappy how the team was playing at the beginning of this season and feared relegation, I must say i'm feeling a bit happier now the worm has turned, and on the whole we are in a much better position, both on and off the field, than we have been for a long long time. ............IMO.

Licker.