Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Goal Of The Season

Was wondering about this yesterday when I heard on the radio that Leon's goal was another cracker.

Thought that maybe he'd get a clean sweep of the top three because...so far..

Best goal of this season (and possibly many) imo was his goal against Larissa, second I'd put his solo seventh against Sunderland.

Yesterdays' not quite up to those two but nicely taken all the same.

Probably forgotten some blindingly obvious contenders.....any nominations?

As I mentioned before, Yak's goal against SK Brann was #1 on ESPN's top plays for the USA. That is unheard of (until last week when Beckham scored).

That would be my choice although Osman's goal against Larissa was superb as well. I think if an Everton highlight reel was made for this decade both goals would be in it.

Someone got a youtube link to Osmans goal against Larissa?

About two and a half minutes into this. It's a Larissa vid but the only other one I can find looks like someone just pointed a camera at the TV...(sadly it's not got the behind the goal angle where you can see that the ball starts out wide of the post and bends back in)

e3Vphp8RWSs

Thought Osmans solo effort against Sunderland was the best i've seen this season.

Lescott player of the season.

Difficult to vote for Vaughan as young player when he has'nt made that many starts, but niether has Baines either, so i'll give that one a miss.