IGNORED

Fernandes

OK been away for a while, so thought I would come back with a debate.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/fern...sonal-goal.html

For me, he can take a run and jump off a cliff (IMHO) - his interview sums this up for me. I just get the impression he is not one for the club and doesn't give a stuff about Everton in the slightest.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK been away for a while, so thought I would come back with a debate.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/fern...sonal-goal.html

For me, he can take a run and jump off a cliff (IMHO) - his interview sums this up for me. I just get the impression he is not one for the club and doesn't give a stuff about Everton in the slightest.

Your thoughts?

Sums his attitude up for me.He is 22 and has already played at 4 clubs- he is more trouble than he is worth.Even laying aside his comments about playing for himself, he has been useless.I have noticed alot of people suggesting we may be4 paying £8 million or so for him in the summer.That is over double what I would pay for him.He is greedy, lazy, gives the ball away and can't tackle or track back.Let's get rid.

Totally agree with both of you. His history shows me he has no loyalty. Before people start banging on about theres no real loyalty by footy players, I believe that all our other players would fight for the cause. Don't believe he has at all this season and it looks like a lack of effort to me. Im not doing it for everton only me. Fuck u 'en.

Im not havin that at all. Get rid indeed.

Edited by EFCfanatic

Bit harsh. He may not of been at his best. But we all know he is a quality midfielder. for all his faults. he is good on the ball, can play a killer pass. can strike the ball from distance, good vision. I would take him. As Moyes has said he might just need a little nurturing. Remember he is only 22 Yrs old.

I'm going to continue to reserve judgment through the end of the season. I do think we need to consider that he's been struggling with a couple of rather hindering injuries and has only just started to get into the side. He's got the ability and talent that we need. Now we just need to find out if his under performance this term is due to lack of desire or if it is more related to his setbacks. I'm still hopeful and would like to see him really settle into the side. In any case I don't think we'll be paying more than 8 for him, and I think he may be available for that as long as Koeman stays in the job at Vallencia.

Got to agree with you. Loved him last season but this season he has been hit and miss, i think that expectation has run so high that he was never going to do as well as any of us had hoped, even so he has been a disspointment on his second spell here. Saying that though he has still shown signs and touches of real quality, i would still like to see him here permanantly but only for the right price.

personally i think that what this lad needs is some stability. He is jumping around from club to club, league to league, its going to be hard for him to settle in anywhere if he doesn't know where his future lies. I think that if we keep him we will start to see what we got glimpses of last year, he needs to stay at a club for more than 6 months if he is going to do anything with his career. I just hope he stays with us (but only for the right price of course :P )

Hi Guys. Been away a very long time. Just trying to catch up on what is going on, but had to coomment on this.

Manny was a sensation last season and we woul have all been very pleased had the transfer gone through. Following the questionable circumstances, everyone's opinion was split. What wasn't c;ear was just how much influence Manny had on the farce. His comments were misleading and didn't convince me he was a straight shooter (sorry).

On his return, Moyes has obviously thought he would try him again and at the very least hope for a repeat. However, this time, it's not just Manny's ability that is under scrutiny and I think his true colours are showing. He seems to be a bit of a drifter and has to be 'loved' a litle too much. I don't think he will now fit in to our team ethic and will be moved on, gratefully on recent showings. His distribution and pass completion have been abismal, although, he has shown he can string a pass occasionally (pass for Osman was sublime).

I don't think he is playing for the team he left last year and it shows, as he is not as much of a 'star'. Personally, in this situation, I think it is better not to go backwards and would have much preferred Appiah or players of that ilk rather than go with Manny again. There is no denying he is talented but he can't seem to get the attitude or the consistency right. Hate to say it, but I told you so.

Bit harsh. He may not of been at his best. But we all know he is a quality midfielder. for all his faults. he is good on the ball, can play a killer pass. can strike the ball from distance, good vision. I would take him. As Moyes has said he might just need a little nurturing. Remember he is only 22 Yrs old.

I disagree with everything you have said there.He isn't that good on the ball, instead he delays delivering the ball and gets caught in possession frequently.Aside from the pass for Osman, which I admit was impressive, he hasn't proved a thing.The argument that he is injured and needs match fitness is false hope for me.The argument is disregarded when applied to Arteta, yet everyone clings to it where Fernandes is concerned.

We do not know he is a quality midfielder and hence shouldn't sign him, based on cureent evidence.

he has been poor since he came back, but if we could get him for £6m maybe less id go for him. the lad does have quality, we have seen it before, and in glimpses this season, we need him confident and in a stable position and i think we would see the potential come through.

edit:

if you watch the interview on evertontv, i think hes being very honest. id rather him be saying hes playing for himself, trying to prove he is upto it, rather than just waxing lyrical about i love this club and all the usual cliche shit footballers come out with.

Edited by StevO

I disagree with everything you have said there.He isn't that good on the ball, instead he delays delivering the ball and gets caught in possession frequently.Aside from the pass for Osman, which I admit was impressive, he hasn't proved a thing.The argument that he is injured and needs match fitness is false hope for me.The argument is disregarded when applied to Arteta, yet everyone clings to it where Fernandes is concerned.

We do not know he is a quality midfielder and hence shouldn't sign him, based on cureent evidence.

Did you not watch him one bit last season?

Ask Rangers fans what they made of Arteta when he was younger.

Fernandes is a player good enough to play CL football. So, if we want to move on to the next level this is the kind of player we will need to work with...those with the talent but not quite the temperament yet to play for the regular CL clubs. We won't be able to aford Central Midfielders who have it all, so we have to take a chance. Or go for someone with slightly less talent but a better ethic naturally.

Before shooting me down, I would have been disgusted if we had bought Barton so don't think I'm someone easy on the difficult players. Just my thoughts.

Ask Rangers fans what they made of Arteta when he was younger.

Fernandes is a player good enough to play CL football. So, if we want to move on to the next level this is the kind of player we will need to work with...those with the talent but not quite the temperament yet to play for the regular CL clubs. We won't be able to aford Central Midfielders who have it all, so we have to take a chance. Or go for someone with slightly less talent but a better ethic naturally.

Before shooting me down, I would have been disgusted if we had bought Barton so don't think I'm someone easy on the difficult players. Just my thoughts.

I couldnt say 7 players in our current team that are good enough to do a decent job in the CL.

howard

baines

yobo

lescott

arteta (on form)

pienaar

cahill

yak

anybody think kevin nolan worth a shout when bolton go down?

Yeah, should be within Daveys budget, and that centre half Haangeland that Fulham got for a couple of Million as squad back-up, cos i think this Gardner from Spurs is another Scarlet Pimpernel in the VD Meyde mould.

Just a hard working Midfielder who scores a few goals, a bit like the Leon Osman mould and the same age i would say......

Nolan was brought up in a football playing family, and wanted to be a footballer from a young age. By the age of 14, he was playing for the City of Liverpool's schoolboys team. As a child, he supported Liverpool, although, conversely, his favourite players were Eric Cantona and Lee Sharpe of Liverpool's rivals, Manchester United.

He was asked to come to a Bolton youth team session by a friend, and was soon signed up to the club's books. At the age of 16 he was handed a year-to-year contract, co-inciding with the opening of Bolton's academy. At the age of 17 he signed professional terms and made his first team début.

In his first season in the Premiership (2001-02), Nolan scored 8 goals in the league including 2 at Leicester City on the opening day of the season. The following season Nolan's only goal was the winner at Old Trafford in the game which Bolton recorded their second shock win at the ground. Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been seen scouting Nolan.[1] In his third season he amassed a total of 12 goals as Bolton had their best season for 45 years.

Kevin Nolan has previously been called-up to the England Under-21s, but also has Irish ancestry, so could also play for the Republic of Ireland at the full international level. Some commentators have acknowledged that Nolan could be a future candidate for the England squad.[2] There were reports in a local paper, The Bolton Evening News, that he could play for Holland, due to distant Dutch ancestry.[

Well Valencia just wont the Copa Del Rey which leaves Koeman in with a fighting chance if they can just survive relegation. Coupled with Manny's lackluster performances this season I think he might be on the block in the 6 - 8 millions pound range.

At that price I think we'd have to take a serious look at him. I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed that he comes good tonight against Chelsea and that Valencia can just win a few league games to stay in it.

I'd still like him here, shame koeman has got the chop as it makes it harder for us to keep him, anywya i still reckon they would try and charge an inflated price. If manny really wants to stay here then he needs to prove his is worth it over the next few weeks, he has just said he is fullt fit for the first time this year. he has no excuses anymore

all we can do is wait and see what happens, i hate doing that though.

Guess thing we don't know is when we took the loan did we agree a price with them anyway and have the option to buy. A bit like with Pienaar.

I am sure that Dortmund would have wanted to charge more than the £2mish that we just paid for him and if he had not signed for us and other clubs offered for him then it would have gone up a lot more than the £2m.

If got a deal in place to sign him if we want then surely the manager getting sacked is not going to matter.

For me I don't think that he will stay. Don't think that he wants to stay over here anyway.