IGNORED

Fernandes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he will stay and I hope he doesn't stay. :)

You obviously dont no much about football do you, how can you not want a player who has more or less been our best player the last 2 games and is one of the brightest prospects we have had here since god knows when. he has looked way ahead of all our other midfielders in the last few games but no he still isnt good enough in some peoples eyes, hes only 22 ffs. you tell me who we could get instead of fernandes who would actually want to come to us and would be less than 10 million who plays centermidfield?

Don't think anyone would doubt his potential or natural ability...goal against ManU at Goodison for example...it's his attitude and desire to play for us that's in question.

Just as important as his footballing skills. VDM has/had undoubted natural ability, done him no good for the last three years.

I'll trust DM to judge the two aspects and decide what price he'd be willing to pay. £4-6m I guess would be worth the risk, not £8m.

You obviously dont no much about football do you, how can you not want a player who has more or less been our best player the last 2 games and is one of the brightest prospects we have had here since god knows when. he has looked way ahead of all our other midfielders in the last few games but no he still isnt good enough in some peoples eyes, hes only 22 ffs. you tell me who we could get instead of fernandes who would actually want to come to us and would be less than 10 million who plays centermidfield?

:lol: you idiot....I know nothing of football because my opinion of a player differs to yours...? Sheesh, kids these days....

Fernandes has done nothing for us, have you seen our recent form since he started playing more??? (see I do know something about football, 11 players a team you know) He is out for what he can get, has put no visible effort in since "returning" and is not a "prospect". Rooney was a "prospect" Fernandes certainly is not.

I agree - £4-6m on what he has shown this season. Last summer £8m for manny would have been a snatch - but we known a hell of a lot more about the chap now - and the major sticking point for me is his attitude and most importantly his desire to play for EFC. £8m for what he was 1st spell is fine (wouldn't get much better at that price) but we don't know what he'll be like next season and if his current form/desire is what we're judging him on, then I believe there are better players out there for Everton Football Club.

Hard to be surprised no matter what happens now. Since Davey's asked him to step up and play properly in the press he has, but we haven't heard any congratulations from Davey either. Whether or not he'll be staying here, or even wants to, he needs to play well if he wants to get in at Valencia or anywhere else, so I think we'll see him continue to improve. This weekend will be a real test.

Also, even if Arteta is back I'd rather see Manny keep taking the free kicks.

I agree about the free kicks but can't see it happening. Think that Manny has got a tasty free kick on him and would only improve given more chances, Arteta is far too wasteful (at least this season) with his set pieces. The amount of corners that fail to beat the first man this season has been incredibly frustrating

I agree about the free kicks but can't see it happening. Think that Manny has got a tasty free kick on him and would only improve given more chances, Arteta is far too wasteful (at least this season) with his set pieces. The amount of corners that fail to beat the first man this season has been incredibly frustrating

The guy last year was quality and is starting to get back to form this year. You can just look at him and see he has more class than the vast majority of our players.

Ok so he's is only starting to get back to being a force but these things take some time. He was by far our biggest threat against Chelsea and as far as I'm concerned if you can cause Chelsea problems then you are half a decent player.

I'd much rather we risked something on Fernandes (is that much of a risk) that waste it on a load of journeymen.

Buy Fernandes at the end of the season!.Is Moyes a man or a mouse?...He tells Arteta that Fernandes is taking the free kicks and corners, leaving Arteta on the edge of the area where when he is fully fit he will cause problems.

Having Fernandes up and running to prem speed will take some pressure of Arteta and we may well see him at his very best, meaning he wont be the only player who can play the killer pass or show a bit of skill.More skillfull players will bring the best out of Arteta.

I would pay up to 10 mil for him, he has the potential to be one of the best CM's in the premiership. He has more talent than anyone in our squad (Arteta included), some people expect him to think playing for Everton is a massive honour which in reality it isn't to a lot of european players. Of course he would go to Barca or Real given the chance but that's unfortunately what happens now, players aren't as loyal to the clubs. Chelsea are a top team with great players, who given the chance would go to Barca. If they just stuck to buying loyal hardworking players then they wouldn't be challenging for trophies. We need to show ambition and sign Fernandes because if he was playing up to his potential he wouldn't consider playing for Everton. Hopefully he can live up to his potential and play a key role in us challenging for trophies :D

I would pay up to 10 mil for him, he has the potential to be one of the best CM's in the premiership. He has more talent than anyone in our squad (Arteta included), some people expect him to think playing for Everton is a massive honour which in reality it isn't to a lot of european players. Of course he would go to Barca or Real given the chance but that's unfortunately what happens now, players aren't as loyal to the clubs. Chelsea are a top team with great players, who given the chance would go to Barca. If they just stuck to buying loyal hardworking players then they wouldn't be challenging for trophies. We need to show ambition and sign Fernandes because if he was playing up to his potential he wouldn't consider playing for Everton. Hopefully he can live up to his potential and play a key role in us challenging for trophies :D

Well said :)

The guy last year was quality and is starting to get back to form this year. You can just look at him and see he has more class than the vast majority of our players.

Ok so he's is only starting to get back to being a force but these things take some time. He was by far our biggest threat against Chelsea and as far as I'm concerned if you can cause Chelsea problems then you are half a decent player.

I'd much rather we risked something on Fernandes (is that much of a risk) that waste it on a load of journeymen.

Why did you quote me in your thing? It makes it look like you are disagreeing with what i have said but i've actually said pretty much the same thing

Very well put. Not sure of 10m, but i wouldnt go far off that, but agree with everything else you said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VptyYcpLE54...feature=related

im not going to talk about last season as that video sums up probly one of the the single best performance's by an everton player ive seen.

6-8 ... would i pay this =defenatly

the lad needs to stay with a club for regualr football and this is somthing he has not had since the age of 19-20 now the potential is almost bursting out of him at the age of 22 (just turned) he is the youngest player in our team right now and he is allready taking all the responceability on his sholders.

if anyone thinks for that money we could bring in a centre mid who would be better let me know.

There's no doubt about his class but a big thing we are missing at the mo in midfield is height - this is an area I expect moyes to address in the summer - this would obviously go against manny.

art...manny..ossie..pienaar = smallest midfield in the world!!! (apart from the chinesse olympic football team).

"im not going to talk about last season as that video sums up probly one of the the single best performance's by an everton player ive seen".

You havent seen that many then Jack, it was good but not great, and it should have been a penalty on Walcott.

Even arteta looked as if he could run in that Vid. :D

There's no doubt about his class but a big thing we are missing at the mo in midfield is height - this is an area I expect moyes to address in the summer - this would obviously go against manny.

art...manny..ossie..pienaar = smallest midfield in the world!!! (apart from the chinesse olympic football team).

Well according to Wiki he is 6ft, and he is built fairly well. If we could find somebody who is Crouch's size has manny's ability and Drogba's strength we could have the perfect player. :lol:

manny is by far our biggest midfielder, and hes pretty strong too!

if we can get him cheap im all for it

He's not big e.g. diop, viera, (that kind of central midfielder) - I think moyes will be looking to bring more height in this summer - he's hinted at it e.g talking why baines hasn't been in all the time - I think centre mid is a position where moyes can sign someone with a bit of height.

No thanks. He's gone downhill from a few season a go and tbh I'd prefer someone younger who'll probably cost less i.e. Bradley.
Id have to say that if we were able to get Manny for 6mill, it would be a good buy! as someone stated earlier, if he knows where his future lies he will settle and may show the true class he really has again..... Id like to see us sign him....

He's not big e.g. diop, viera, (that kind of central midfielder) - I think moyes will be looking to bring more height in this summer - he's hinted at it e.g talking why baines hasn't been in all the time - I think centre mid is a position where moyes can sign someone with a bit of height.

i really think we missed out big time with Diop, wasnt he only about £2m?