IGNORED

What's Moyes Problem With.......................

HonestJohn

..........giving the youngsters a run out. Against Chelsea the game was over at half time he could have given young Anchibe a half for experience. He done the same with Rooney when we were screaming for him to play he said "we have to nurture him" he goes to Manure and what did Ferguson do ? play him right away why ? cos Ferguson has always stated if their good enough their old enough. Give the young lads a go Davy we haven't got anything to loose now its the only way their gonna get better they won't get it sitting on the bench.

Not sure I agree with giving players a runout when the teams getting tonked. We've had a lot of talent come through in the last ten years or so, but most of it has disappeared (prime examples Branch and Cadamarteri). I think a big reason is them having to come into a (generally over the last ten years or so) struggling team and having all that pressure.

i wanted to see him come on for osman for the last 20 minutes.

But when I saw him bring Carsley on I agreed that that was a fair move as Carsley needed the run out more than Anichoebe.

What i'd like to see is if we get into a safe position in the table but look unlikely to qualify for Europe we should play some of the youngsters that have been making the bench when we've been short on players.

there's been about 4 players, boyle, hughes, anichoebe, Vaughan if he's back and Turner of course if you include him.

just giving them run outs one at a time coming on as sub for half hour or even starting would give them valuable experience and really make them feel like they've got a chance at making it. It will also open Davey and everyone elses eyes as to weather we've got any young players with the ability to make it in the side.

Guest fozzie22
Very true John, completely agree with you.

We get to the stage where the players are leaving because they are not given a chance.

THEY DONT CALL HIM DITHERING DAVEY FOR NOTHING.  ;)

:lol::lol:

Another one of DM traits that gets on my tits..

Wouldn't mind seeing Vaughan get a run.

Thats one thing we cant blame moyes for? But he is a bit reluctant to thow kids in and having seen what has happened at middlesborough in the last few weeks I agree with him. At 16,17 your normally not physically ready and more importantly MENTALLY ready and if your in a loosing team, as we have been then it can spoil a player

Did you see that lad for borough crying last week

WELL DONE DAVY

Would like to see Moyes bringing through the youngsters by putting them on loan first before they enter the first team just so they get used to playing first team football in competitive leagues even if it is a lower standard. Sounds as if we've got some decent youngsters ready to come through in the next few years so maybe it would be good to build up relationships with a lower league team allowing us to loan players to them and also being able to keep track on the players that they produce.

Thats one thing we cant blame moyes for? But he is a bit reluctant to thow kids in and having seen what has happened at middlesborough in the last few weeks I agree with him. At 16,17 your normally not physically ready and more importantly MENTALLY ready and if your in a loosing team, as we have been then it can spoil a player

Did you see that lad for borough crying last week

WELL DONE DAVY

spot on zed, i think moyes has been very good when it comes to bringin the kids in, bringing anachbell on for 10 minutes against chelski would not have done much for him would it? playing against 11 internationals who wer cruising. if the lads who are experience cannot cope with them how can a inexperienced teenager cope?

IN MOYES WE TRUST :)

Agreed Zed!

Was going to mention something about 'boro when I started reading this but you beat me too it, although it weren't hard considering I never get chance to read these forums anymore :(

But I have to say that didn't Manure do the same thing in the CL one year. played all the youngsters such as Scholes, Butt, Beckham, etc and even though they did awful it did give the players valuable experience. Saying that I do agree with Moyes in not bringing on the youngsters as someone said we could be adding th pressure they have to deal with

(A rumour I heard was that when Downing was injured and not starting for 'boro after a successful run in the 1st team, he was 'caught' doing coke in a club. Suppose thats one way to deal with the pressure :blink: )

Edited by TrueBlue