IGNORED

Turner Send Off!

xsaint

For Turner's case, he only suspended for one match against Newcastle.

But he was wrongly dismissed as he supposedly receive a yellow, not red card.

You can see the rules from the FA website here:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/Pr...edures_SectionA

© PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (4) and (5)

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the ball, will be suspended automatically from all approved First Team matches commencing forthwith, until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next match in an approved Competition.

Hence, Turner only get a yellow card cos he did not deny an obvious goal scoring chance from Blackburn.

DM should appeal for the Turner's dismissal.

It bothered me that Moyes said on MOTD last night that he may ask the FA if he can bring in a keeper!

Ruddy did excellent yesterday and deserves to keep his place anyway and turner is only banned for one game with the possibility of getting it overturned if we stand up for ourselves!

Why the panic and why kick the young lads after they have stood and been counted when we needed them both?

Aaaah... probably it's an opportunity to make a signing, rather than a snub on Turner. I'm thinking, they could well probably make an appeal, but this gives DM a chance to look at bringing another player in since the transfer window is closed. We'll be looking to get another keeper anyways.

Guest fozzie22
yeah i think that was what moyes was implying, bring sumone for the bench as cover for ruddy, he did well the young lad

DM probably on the prowl for some old codger with dodgy gut knowing him..

the lad did well..give him a try FFS

Firstly,

Turner will only get a ONE match ban, not a three match ban. He is a goalkeeper and the foul committed is delibrate handball, not discent, violent conduct etc.etc.

Ruddy was confident against Rovers and he made two good saves that I can recall and he was good in the air, taking the crosses and the ball from a dodgy headed backpass from Phil Neville, that very nearly allowed Bellamy a chance - but for ruddy's quick movement.

Ruddy good him! Ruddy brilliant!!

Hibbert - man of the match - easily.

Valente - storming game, 2nd contender for MoM

Arteta - Skills electric - only NOT MoM because I am coming to expect that type of performance from him

Cahill - bit quiet at the start, but picked up when things got a bit heated. top quality from then on in.

Weir & Stubbs - solid at the back, cant fault the performance although Stubbs fault for Turners sending off.

Beattie - cant fault the performance - another contender for MoM - but he ran out of steam with 20 mins to go - but hey, he did do a lot of running when we were a man down.

McFadden - looked very sharp - shame that he had to go off for Ruddy.

Osman - looked like he took a knock early on - but his touch was still superb and some of his passing....reminds me of Sheedy.

Phil Neville - panicked a little for no reason in the 2nd half. Not his strongest game but he did a professional job.

Carsley - Didn't really do much, got himself about a bit but thats about it. Good to see him back. Although I dont think that his face will fit in an ever 'better' looking EFC. (Where almost as 'pin up' as the RS team).

Overall...nobody can deny that this was a great performance. BT's goal was fantastic and straight off the training ground (although I am surprised that the ref gave it as Arteta took it very quickly). the referee was very poor, adding only to the atmosphere and intensity of the game. the linesmen were equally as poor and seemed very slow and struggled to keep up with the game.

Blackburn were...well....shit really. One man advantage for 80 minutes. Against a young keeper that has never played in the Prem, Centre backs with the combined age of 68 and they didn't even really have a decent chance....shite.

Ruddy was confident against Rovers and he made two good saves that I can recall and he was good in the air, taking the crosses and the ball from a dodgy headed backpass from Phil Neville, that very nearly allowed Bellamy a chance - but for ruddy's quick movement.

Ruddy good him! Ruddy brilliant!!

And built like the honey monster!

Nice to see a big man between the sticks at Goodison.