IGNORED

Are Everton Fc Correct To Consider Relocating The Whole Club To Knowsley?

Louis

There is little or no presence in the city centre of Liverpool. There is a display in JJB Sports in Williamson Square.

The training complex is already in Halewood, Knowsley

The club are currently looking to move to Kirkby.

They are even relocating the EITC offices to Knowsley (Everton In The Community):

1.7 EITC has already began the process of actually relocating to Knowsley. The plan is to move 2 or 3 key divisions into the heart of the community to ensure that a maximum lasting impact is achieved. Talks with the KMBC Economic Development Office are continuing. It is envisaged that the premises will be provided by KMBC, with the office being staffed at the cost of EITC in order to deliver the maximum impact of the programmes locally within Kirkby/Knowsley.

1.27 EITC currently operate this within Liverpool City Council boundaries and intend to operate it within Knowsley in advance of the stadium opening, as

part of the satellite office that was discussed above.

http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/resources/22830...onCommunity.pdf

Does anybody believe that moving everything Everton related to Knowsley is for the long-term benefit of the club?

on the one hand it'll be easier to sell everton being further away from liverpool but then on the other 1m+ live on merseyside and 450,000 live in City of Liverpool, so its more the club not wanting to compete with the reds. This makes me think that the Loop is the best choice for everton (ahead of Redevelopement) because grosvenor said they would be for it, as it opened up land north of the tunnel and would extend the centre of the city, and there are more reds than blue in the south, a larger city centre which extends to the north (the heartlands; Kirkdale and Bootle etc) would balance it out by having everton being able to be more competitive against liverpool commercially in liverpool.

so what i'm saying is, we need to move efc away from LFC because we cant outsell them (YET), BUT keep Everton in Liverpool.

You hold the same opinion as me but sadly I can't see it happening as it would make the people on the board look a bit silly after paying Savills to dismiss the site.

The Savills spokesman said: "My conclusion was that the site was too small, inaccessible and inappropriate for any further development [..] but I have never received any information on the site, design infrastructure and costs"

Although saying that, Bill Kenwright did say to the shareholders " if you want to, we’ll look at the Bestway again"

You hold the same opinion as me but sadly I can't see it happening as it would make the people on the board look a bit silly after paying Savills to dismiss the site.

The Savills spokesman said: "My conclusion was that the site was too small, inaccessible and inappropriate for any further development [..] but I have never received any information on the site, design infrastructure and costs"

Although saying that, Bill Kenwright did say to the shareholders " if you want to, we’ll look at the Bestway again"

:lol::lol::lol: I love some of the conspiracy theories you come out with.....

It's not a conspiracy though is it. Savills were contracted by Tesco and Everton for the Destination Kirkby project. It's no coincidence that a Savills director was invited to the AGM to discuss the alternatives to the project his company was involved in. There was only ever going to be one project that he would talk up and not dismiss - the one his own company was involved in.

well they were paid to look at the site and they dismissed it out of hand.

"My conclusion was that the site was too small, inaccessible and inappropriate for any further development [..]but I have never received any information on the site, design infrastructure and costs"

no so much of a conspiracy if he admits he says no because............ <insert reason>

Just seen on the os that tesco have bought the kirkby site...gutted!

My only hope now is that a wealthy backer gets involved asap and its someone who favours staying in liverpool, as far as i can see efc are hell-bent on kirkby and are gradually putting the jigsaw pieces together.

Relax.. nothing has changed.

Tesco have just bought a shopping centre in Kirkby, you might say it's their plan B.

If the government call the stadium project in (and the Daily Post seem to think it will) then Tesco have a plan B where they can put their shop in Kirkby town centre with no Everton involved.