IGNORED

Are Any Toffee Fans Ashamed?

Villa fan here,

not on a wind up but I and several other fans were shocked that Gabby played the ball out after seeing Johnson lying prone on the ground rather than attack as is the "sporting" thing to do, then when several Villa players were clearly waiting to get the ball back you played the ball quickly to Yak and Neville got the goal.

Even neutrals in the pub I was in were raging at that.

Whatever right or wrong decisions an official makes you have to trust that teams/players will honour long held good-sporting gestures.

Do any of you see that was bad sportsmanship, and for me tainted what was a good game against two good sides.

I think most pros can tell when a player is really injured and when not sure most will play the ball out!

BUT, I have no complaints against an Everton player continuing with the match if he thinks a player is just trying to con the ref!..could this have been the case in question?

The other night whan Drogba was smashed to the turf, by that discarded empty crisp packet, should the opponents really break off that promising attack, so the st Johns ambulance crew can attend to his nasty injury?

BUT, I have no complaints against an Everton player continuing with the match if he thinks a player is just trying to con the ref!..could this have been the case in question?

Lol, the player in question was Andy Johnson, who hopped up as soon as Villa put the ball out.

If an Everton player were to pretend to be injured !....that I am ashamed off.

Slightly off topic!......Did you see Villa's ex West Ham dude(can't remember his name!)....shape up with Anichebe!!............Heavy weight bout or what!.....get between those two! no thanks.

im with toffeefan, the ball wasnt put out of play, the ball was played out badly. not one player made any complaint when we played on, there was no shout from the bench, there was no reaction from the away crowd.

seems to me someone is making an issue out of nothing here.

im with toffeefan, the ball wasnt put out of play, the ball was played out badly. not one player made any complaint when we played on, there was no shout from the bench, there was no reaction from the away crowd.

seems to me someone is making an issue out of nothing here.

I'm not trying to be a prick although the question asked is a bit harsh.

There is a big thread about it on a Villa board. Some Villa fans also suggest the same that Carew didn't control it properly but that's not how I saw it and that part's up for debate.

Anyway I'm fond of Everton as a team and I appreciate all your good comments :thumbsup_still:

From a New Zealand Villa fan who saw Everton side(with Peter Reid) play an exhibition match against an Auckland team in NZ back in 87'