IGNORED

"bumper" Transfer Kity

jofanon

Its a good job this is off TribalFootball that makes rubbish up...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=90133

...because if we really think a bumper kity is £20m then we are in trouble.

Bumper for me is £30-40m.

Two good midfielders and that budget is gone.

I want to see 2 midfielders, a right back and a forward to replace Johnson.

We are shopping to compete with the big boys now. Players of this calibre aren't cheap!

said before and ill say again, we will struggle to compete financially with our rivals, hopefully moyes can pull of a blinder and manage to keep us up there

I was hoping that we might be able to put some day light between us and the rest of the chasing pack but I don't think that's going to happen.

Tottenham and Villa will push us very hard indeed next year.

But who are Sunderland going to get to sign for them with their £80m? All that will happen is that they'll have to pay over the odds for average players because other clubs know they've got money to spend. Just like any economy, if there's much cash swishing around then prices just go up (think of £5m+ for Koumas and Richardson last year). It's fine if you're Chelsea and are already near the top of the table, have won things in recent years, and have a world-famous manager like Mourinho was - then you'll get people to sign. More realistic comparisons for Sunderland are Newcastle and Middlesbrough. They've had so much cash for years (maybe not Middlesbrough now, but certainly when Robson was manager), but the only real top, top players at the top of their game that I can remember them ever actually being able to sign are Juninho, Shearer and Owen. We definitely need to sign players this summer, but I'm not remotely worried about a team like Sunderland, no matter how much cash they have.

rumours mean nothing at this stage. i could say that everton are linked to ronaldo an some people would believe it.

personally i would like a bit more money in the summer to spend. but then again how many times has moyes spent low on really good players.

cahill 2.5 million

arteta 3 million (i know he hasnt had the greatest season this season)

pienaar 2 million (now for a player of his class that is amazing value)

lescott 5 million

jagielka 5 million

howard some people think he cost 3 million

now for just over 20million pounds we have manage to get a goal scoring midfielder who averages at around 10 goals a season. two classy playmakers. a solid centre back who scores goals and can play left back. a dependable centre back who has done well this season and a good goalkeeper.

let sunderland an newcastle spend thier 80 million on average players. because i know moyes will come up with a good signing in the summer

let sunderland an newcastle spend thier 80 million on average players. because i know moyes will come up with a good signing in the summer

Agree Alex, fine post....we get this about this time every year...

A pointless trip into europe and a poor showing in the prem is just around the corner.

They have told us themselves there is a need for a larger squad of players. So why is the squad now acceptable????

If no more new faces come in soon im going to be fairly worried this season. Look at the likes of Newcastle Sunderland & Spurs buy buy buy

GET YA WALLET OUT

Please hope we pick up a few players...just for us to compete with Pompey, West Ham and Newcastle who have all moved forward :angry:

At this moment in time I would take a top 10 finish as think that is the best we can hope for and thats at a push if don't get any long term injuries or suspension

....with just an occasional note of sanity (sorry for the accusation StevO :lol: )..

the same thing we hear every summer.

i'll reserve my judgement for next may

Have faith :P . I'd rather have our current squad and DM with £20m in his pocket than Kevin Keegan (for example) and £100m!!

Edited by MikeO

mike your research is second to none!

for your next task i need you to find;

big money billionaire sensible investor

left winger with bags of talent

right back who can defend, with pace and a good cross

another 20 goal a season striker

and a geneticly modified 20 yaer old patrick vieira

and do it before may 14th and we'll call it my birthday present

thing is tho if you take big sam for example he did wonders at bolton with very little budget, he goes to newcastle and has bucket loads. Lots of money can be a bad thing, moyes has done wonders with the money he has spent, would he be a flop if he had loads? who knows.