IGNORED

David Moyes Admits The Need For Quantity

In the BBC's preamble to the match at Arsenal tomorrow on their website, I noticed a quote from the manager where he admits that, as well as quality, quantity is needed also.

I'm glad he's admitted this. Most have thought Everton have been about three midfielders short since the start of the season, a situation that wasn't rectified in January.

Everton normally play five midfield players and so ten are needed on the staff. They don't all have to be as good as Arteta at his best, just a few of them, but all must be at least as good as Osman.

In the BBC's preamble to the match at Arsenal tomorrow on their website, I noticed a quote from the manager where he admits that, as well as quality, quantity is needed also.

I'm glad he's admitted this. Most have thought Everton have been about three midfielders short since the start of the season, a situation that wasn't rectified in January.

Everton normally play five midfield players and so ten are needed on the staff. They don't all have to be as good as Arteta at his best, just a few of them, but all must be at least as good as Osman.

Without wanting so sound critical of certain players, I feel I have to mention two in particular who nearly every time I watch the blues, under perform Mikel Arteta and Andy Johnson. Im certain if you put Arteta in a Man U shirt, and had Alex Ferguson glaring from the dugout at him, youd get so much more from him. For me, he doesnt score anywhere enough goals. His dead ball deliveries are for the most part, abysmal. Yet fellas in the <ain stand who sit with me think hes Zidane! OK, hes technically gifted, but he just lacks end product. As for Johnson, what can you say? We payed £8.6m for him and he arrived in a blaze of glory, banging in goals all over the place. Where has the blistering pace gone? Where has the eye for goal gone? How come he cant actually control a ball? When he gets the ball, he heads straight for the corner flags! How come when hes playing up front with Yakubu hes never within 20 yards of him? The Yak must be pissed off. The game against Villa was a prime example. The Yak beat 3 men on the left wing, cut in and had to have a shot from a really difficult angle. Carson parried and there was FERNANDES to knock the rebound wide. Where the f*** was Johnson? 35 yards from goal, on the other side of the pitch, scratching his arse. Moyes needs to get a grip on these two in particular, improve the game, or ship them out!