IGNORED

Lack Of Creativity

We desperately need a creative winger in order to succeed.. I watched today's game. It was not very good. Arsenal did not play very well, and neither did we. There's a pure lack of creativity out there. Passing the ball to Arsenal-players, holding the ball whenever we get the possibility of a counter-attack. what's wrong?

Are the players tired? Maybe..

Injuries? Maybe.. Cahill and Arteta are out..

But why not use Baines on the left?? Put Neville down as a right-back, Hibbert out, and Baines up on the left wing side. At least that would bring us some cover for McFadden and some creativity. Right now, there's not much joy in watching our beloved Toffees. Yakubu missing every chance he gets. Johnson running after the ball.. yey! very much fun to play football when you just run after a ball. No wonder the rumours are circulating.

And Fernandes. I don't get him. He's not very solid, is he? I don't think I'd buy him this summer. Will probably cost a lot as well. Let's go for Arshavin as a right winger and Källström as a central midfielder. And maybe Sean Davis as a replacement for Lee Carsley. I still wish to see Lee Carsley next year,though. IF, and only IF, both him and Phil Neville don't play midfield. Only one. So we need another midfielder. Maybe two.

And what about another striker as well??

What about another striker!.......If he can ever keep fit, then Vaughan could be a soloution to the striker problem.I really believe he will be a great striker, Anichebe is learning to hold and shield the ball better and is starting to win things in the air.

Yakubu and Johnson today didn't really have much in the way of clear cut chances, I rate both of them when the service is good!

If we went into next season with a fully fit Vaughan, Yakubu, AJ and a year older Anichebe then with better service those four could do teams a lot of damage!

BUT we need people to create those chances.......I rate Fernandes, Pienaar and Osman as being able to create........obviously Arteta when fit can also do that, and Cahill will always be able to make and score goals.

Our passing today against Arsenal wasn't too bad with only Neville letting us down.

Three of our best/potentialy best players are.....Arteta, Cahill and Vaughan, we've been without them for large parts of the season!

We desperately need a creative winger in order to succeed.. I watched today's game. It was not very good. Arsenal did not play very well, and neither did we. There's a pure lack of creativity out there. Passing the ball to Arsenal-players, holding the ball whenever we get the possibility of a counter-attack. what's wrong?

Are the players tired? Maybe..

Injuries? Maybe.. Cahill and Arteta are out..

But why not use Baines on the left?? Put Neville down as a right-back, Hibbert out, and Baines up on the left wing side. At least that would bring us some cover for McFadden and some creativity. Right now, there's not much joy in watching our beloved Toffees. Yakubu missing every chance he gets. Johnson running after the ball.. yey! very much fun to play football when you just run after a ball. No wonder the rumours are circulating.

And Fernandes. I don't get him. He's not very solid, is he? I don't think I'd buy him this summer. Will probably cost a lot as well. Let's go for Arshavin as a right winger and Källström as a central midfielder. And maybe Sean Davis as a replacement for Lee Carsley. I still wish to see Lee Carsley next year,though. IF, and only IF, both him and Phil Neville don't play midfield. Only one. So we need another midfielder. Maybe two.

What about a rightback aswell ;)

Edited by Blue4Ever

Right now, there's not much joy in watching our beloved Toffees. Yakubu missing every chance he gets. Johnson running after the ball.. yey! very much fun to play football when you just run after a ball. No wonder the rumours are circulating.

spot on about not much joy to watch us at the moment -- virtually every single game we've played the past few months, the commentators say something along the lines of "not much to get excited about this half" or "not the most entertaining game we've seen". somehow, no matter who we play or how important the game is, our current style and quality of play makes every game a relative chore to sit through, the only exception recently being against villa last week. even against arsenal of all sides, it was a dull affair.

agree that we need another striker -- johnson may "work hard" (which can also be interpreted as spends the whole match running after the ball, as you put it) but not really good enough is it? vaughn may be good if he stays injury free, but that seems at best to be a 50/50 possibility, so we can't really accept from a 2nd/3rd choice striker. in my opinion anichebe simply will not live up to what we hoped for from the promise of his youth team days. don't have a problem with yak -- IF the creativity that is lacking is somehow restored and he gets a few chances, he will put them away.

but I got to agree we need another striker.

My biggest gripe with Moyes is his failure to sort out a class ball player in the middle, its holding us back, and he must know it now. This summers priority has to be that, No more Neville and Carsley through the middle. I would also like to see a forward come in, my faith in AJ and the Yak is not very high, AJs record in front of goal has to improve.

Moyes did a great job getting Fernandes on loan the first term. This term he has not been very good,though.. for some reason I don't know.. so I think Moyes knows what kind of quality we need in the middle. He just needs to get that hard working, goalscoring, paced winger..... what about giving Kanchelskis a second try? :rolleyes: