IGNORED

U.s. Blue To Make The Pilgrimage To Goodison!

thinman

OK.

Ive got my plane ticket and passport.

Im flying to London the week of the Fulham game.

A pal and I are going to bumble our way to the game.

Im looking for advice on how to avoid completely f*cking this up;

1.) Tickets! Whats the best way to secure two of them.

2.) Best possibble section? I read a thread somewhere not long that discussed this, but cant for the life of me track it down.

3.) Transport from London - we plan on the train at the mo? Good/Bad idea?

Last but not least 4.) Before/after Pubs!

5.) Any other words of wisdom, local customs, etiquette, etc.

Although its only Fulham we'll be beating, I am completely out of my mind psyched about this trip!

Thanks!

thinman

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, ill try an have a go here.

1) either evertonfc.com or ticketmaster

2) what section you wanna sit in depends on personal preference/availability

3) train

4) id say the wilmslow, Goodison road

5) sing your arse of when your in the stands and enjoy ever minute

have fun buddy

Keep In touch Thinman, Am sure that when all is finalised, dates arrivall's etc etc, that a few of the Top match going Toffetalk Lad's will meet ya's for a Bevvy or so & give some kind of Toffetalk guided tour, hint's, Do's, dont's & survival tips.

P.s Park End's the only postless stand..Unless things have changed? Try get a frontish seat, Lower Bullens has the bad posts & The Gwladys ahas the roof issue if 2 far back.

Thats how I recalls it anyway mate.

Edited by PatV

Keep In touch Thinman, Am sure that when all is finalised, dates arrivall's etc etc, that a few of the Top match going Toffetalk Lad's will meet ya's for a Bevvy or so & give some kind of Toffetalk guided tour, hint's, Do's, dont's & survival tips.

P.s Park End's the only postless stand..Unless things have changed? Try get a frontish seat, Lower Bullens has the bad posts & The Gwladys ahas the roof issue if 2 far back.

Thats how I recalls it anyway mate.

Sit in the park end or Gwladys street for a memorable atmosphere. (Try and sit further back than ROW M - everything else is too low down, in the Park end that is!)

Match day - make your own fun on match day - stay near to Goodison to get the views of fellow, loud talking evertonians and laugh at some of their bizarre suggestions and chants. Wilmslow is always a good place to go - pay the guy on the door (£1) and he will let you go upstairs (if you smile and ask nicely).

Plenty of Beer - plenty of grub...hopefully a win for the blues (but be aware, Fulham are our bogey team!!!) and a fooking good day! Pop into town and get wasted!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

been crazy at the office trying to get cr4p off my desk so i can enjoy this trip.

im completely burnt out but the good news is -- ive got the tickets ordered and am ready to fly.

thanks again to everyone for their words of advice!

if you bump into a tall skinny yank standing next to a thicker one - thats me and my buddy. :lol:

whoo hoo!

tm

btw - can i bring a camera into the stadium?

OK.

Ive got my plane ticket and passport.

Im flying to London the week of the Fulham game.

A pal and I are going to bumble our way to the game.

Im looking for advice on how to avoid completely f*cking this up;

1.) Tickets! Whats the best way to secure two of them.

2.) Best possibble section? I read a thread somewhere not long that discussed this, but cant for the life of me track it down.

3.) Transport from London - we plan on the train at the mo? Good/Bad idea?

Last but not least 4.) Before/after Pubs!

5.) Any other words of wisdom, local customs, etiquette, etc.

Although its only Fulham we'll be beating, I am completely out of my mind psyched about this trip!

Thanks!

thinman

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by thinman

heya, I think u shud sit gwladys street, you will get the best atmosphere there. But it depends if u want to sit behind the goal. If not, go for upper bullens, the low roof in lower bullens can be quite annoying! but you will have a fantastic time, you'll get an amazing tingling feeling as soon as you see the ground. its the feeling every evertonian gets when they get to Goodison and its the best feeling in the world.

i suggest you come on the train from london, you can do it in two and a half hours if you get the speedy one lol. (well around that time). but get it early so u have plenty of time to get to liverpool and a few pints down you.

but most importantly, have an amazing day and yes you can take a camera into the ground. i still do and have been numerous times :D

Hey thanks!

I think youre right -- im going to have an awesome time no matter where in the stadium i sit. we are going to take the train from London -- Virgin rail i think. And i plan on getting there as early in the day as possible.

I picked the upper bullens really as a matter of being able to see the whole game. I wonder if you can move about the stadium once the match starts?

Also, how likely is it that we might bump into some of the squard after the game? :D

heya, I think u shud sit gwladys street, you will get the best atmosphere there. But it depends if u want to sit behind the goal. If not, go for upper bullens, the low roof in lower bullens can be quite annoying! but you will have a fantastic time, you'll get an amazing tingling feeling as soon as you see the ground. its the feeling every evertonian gets when they get to Goodison and its the best feeling in the world.

i suggest you come on the train from london, you can do it in two and a half hours if you get the speedy one lol. (well around that time). but get it early so u have plenty of time to get to liverpool and a few pints down you.

but most importantly, have an amazing day and yes you can take a camera into the ground. i still do and have been numerous times  :D

Jealous as hell thinman...not been able to get to Goodison for a couple of seasons now due to seriously reduced financial circumstances, though I've managed a few away games. You're going to love it..hope we get the right result!!

You doing anything else in the UK ? You're surely not coming all this way just for one match!!

Hiya Mikeo,

Although it would be worth the trip just to see Goodison alone, you are correct, it wont be the only match. On the financial end of it...it will hurt, but its a once in a lifetime trip!

As for other matches, drum roll please...

I'll also be at Highbury when Arsenal pummel the RS. :lol:

Ill post photos of the matches when i return - hows that?

tm

Jealous as hell thinman...not been able to get to Goodison for a couple of seasons now due to seriously reduced financial circumstances, though I've managed a few away games. You're going to love it..hope we get the right result!!

You doing anything else in the UK ? You're surely not coming all this way just for one match!!

YEAH.....................VERY GOOD W/END

Plane fare from The USA.............................£400. :(

Train fare from London................................£70. :(

Tickets for Both games................................£70. :(

Everton Win, L,pool Lose.............................Priceless. :P:P

Back!

Wow...let me start with this nugget;

Gerrards pass happened practically right in front of me. :lol: I almost lost my mind.

We had seats just to the right of the box (east stand i think)

Unbelievable - to be honest -- i didnt see Henry either, the man came out of nowhere. He must have had the last time on his mind and thought, "Ill just hang here for a sec..." Arse really should have had about 3 more goals on top of those two.

The atmosphere at Goodison was fantastic. The Liverpuddlians (?) were super friendly. The match...i couldnt have asked for a better performance for my visit. Fulham were nonexistant from the start. We just looked so good, it was a massive, strong performance. I was with a Gooner pal and he was impressed as well. By the way, that Uriah Rennie (?) is cross-eyed. The man made bad call after bad call. Im sure he left out the back door.

After the match, we hung around a bit and a few of the players walked. Ive got pictures of Cahill, Kilbane, Osman, Weir, McFadden, and Vandermeyde (a bit blurry) and also pix of the warm up and the stadium. It was really a bit surreal standing that close to these guys.

Im still trying to absorb it all and am really completely exhausted. More later!

Also, ill post a few of the better pix in case any one is interested.

Thanks again to all who offered advice on the trip -- it went off perfectly!

tm

YEAH.....................VERY GOOD W/END

Plane fare from The USA.............................£400.  :(  

Train fare from London................................£70.  :(

Tickets for Both games................................£70.  :(

Everton Win, L,pool Lose.............................Priceless.  :P   :P