IGNORED

Moyes Unsure Of Future

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

David Moyes has admitted for the first time that there are serious doubts about his long-term future as Everton manager.

As he prepared to seal a UEFA Cup place in tomorrow's game against Newcastle at Goodison Park, Moyes said it would not be his farewell appearance but negotiations over a new contract had been on hold for two months and he had no idea about his summer transfer budget.

The Everton manager said: 'My job is here and I am under contract for another year. I will be here next season unless I am told differently but beyond that I don't know. 'It may seem strange to be preparing for another season with just one year on your contract but maybe that is a question for the chairman.

'We had some discussions two months ago but there has been nothing since. I haven't actually been offered a new contract and nothing has been mentioned about holding more talks.'

Moyes has drawn up a list of transfer targets, headed by Heerenveen's United States midfielder Michael Bradley, but he is in the dark about his budget.

'I told the club three months ago what I was looking for but I don't know when I'll get an answer,' he said. 'I don't know whether I'll be shopping at Harrods or the bargain basement.'

The uncertainty extends to Moyes' appointing a successor to Alan Irvine as assistant manager. 'I can't really bring someone in until my own situation is sorted out,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

David Moyes has admitted for the first time that there are serious doubts about his long-term future as Everton manager.

As he prepared to seal a UEFA Cup place in tomorrow's game against Newcastle at Goodison Park, Moyes said it would not be his farewell appearance but negotiations over a new contract had been on hold for two months and he had no idea about his summer transfer budget.

The Everton manager said: 'My job is here and I am under contract for another year. I will be here next season unless I am told differently but beyond that I don't know. 'It may seem strange to be preparing for another season with just one year on your contract but maybe that is a question for the chairman.

'We had some discussions two months ago but there has been nothing since. I haven't actually been offered a new contract and nothing has been mentioned about holding more talks.'

Moyes has drawn up a list of transfer targets, headed by Heerenveen's United States midfielder Michael Bradley, but he is in the dark about his budget.

'I told the club three months ago what I was looking for but I don't know when I'll get an answer,' he said. 'I don't know whether I'll be shopping at Harrods or the bargain basement.'

The uncertainty extends to Moyes' appointing a successor to Alan Irvine as assistant manager. 'I can't really bring someone in until my own situation is sorted out,' he said.

Ok can someone tell me that Kenwright isn't a fucking moron?

Moyes is our greatest asset (more so than Lescott etc). At least tell the man what is happening and keep him informed of budgets etc.

Budgets should be set by now so we can go as soon as the season finishes.

Moron.

How can anyone continue to back Kenwrong? It's beyond me. He is currently showing that he's a friggin amatuer when it comes to the big decisions, there is no way this man should be in charge at Everton. He's heading for big trouble if we lose Moyes, that I have no doubt of.

Moyes isn't stupid!

I'm pretty sure he loves it here, but he looks around at other managers, not as good as him earning much more money.He's only said his contract expires in a years time, and at the moment he hasn't agreed with Kenwright a pay rise or extension of contract........the papers do the rest!

Bill wanted Moyes, when he was a raw young manager, he wants him even more now.You only have to hear him talk about his manager to know he won't let leave, unless Moyes wants to go.

Shopping in the" bargin basement"as Moyes puts it and coming 5th is a pretty good way of telling people how good a manager you think you are!.......he has rumaged around in the basement a few times and found "bargins " such as Cahill, Jagielka, Arteta, Lescott and at the "car boot sale" that is the youth structure, he has unearthed Vaughan, Anichebe and Osman.

Have you looked around "Harrods" lately?.There is some really overpriced crap in that shop.

Moyes will get his pay rise!......he will buy at least one star player.....but he will continue looking around the basement, I wouldn't want it any other way.There's some friggin good players down there, who have got a lot to prove, they won't want huge wages and unsettle team spirit.

That sort of shopping got us 4th a couple of seasons back, 5th this year (4th with the help of a bit of luck with injuries and refs).

More from the Mail.....

Moyes also made it clear that he expects fruitful talks about his new contract "in the next week or so".

Moyes said: "I am totally relaxed about the situation. I am due for some talks maybe in a few days, maybe next week.

"Every manager tries to get as much money as he can, but this board have always backed me and I don't expect that to change.

"I am more interested now in preparing for next season, getting the lads back in July and work and I go into that campaign with great optimism."

How can anyone continue to back Kenwrong? It's beyond me. He is currently showing that he's a friggin amatuer when it comes to the big decisions, there is no way this man should be in charge at Everton. He's heading for big trouble if we lose Moyes, that I have no doubt of.

Name me one other chairman you see singing songs at their clubs matches.

Name me one other chairman who is passionate about the club they own.

Oh and show me one manager that doesn't use newspapers to better his own position.

Finally, yes you are right, running a football club is beyond you. None of us have a clue what goes on behind the scenes so are not in a position to judge Kenwright - he is just a face to the football club. As an Everton fan I back him, unlike you obviously.

Name me one other chairman you see singing songs at their clubs matches.

Name me one other chairman who is passionate about the club they own.

Oh and show me one manager that doesn't use newspapers to better his own position.

Finally, yes you are right, running a football club is beyond you. None of us have a clue what goes on behind the scenes so are not in a position to judge Kenwright - he is just a face to the football club. As an Everton fan I back him, unlike you obviously.

YAWN.

Any one of us could be the chairman, or chairwoman, of this club then. We all sing songs, we are all passionate about this club, and none of us (that I know of) have the money necessary.

There are alot of Chairmen worse than Kenwright, there are also better chairmen than Kenwright. But he isn't going anywhere at the moment so for better or worse we need to get used to it.

The grass will always be greener, everyone would like a chariman with more money that one is obvious, the main problem with Kenwright is the long term damage he will do to the club with the relocations.

It sounds to me that Everton_Worshiper wants Mike Ashley as chairman, he sings, he supports, he has money. Seems to fit your bill. Personally i think that he is a joke and a "buisness" man shouldn't be wearing a football shirt to a game.

Anyway, this is all off subject. I have no real problem with Moyes airing his grievences in public, he is mearly trying to get more transfer money to improve the sqaud.

we could always get that nice chap from thailand who lives in manchester, he seems like a decent bloke

the kenwright bashing confuses me as im not sure what he has done to deserve all this abuse.

i remember fans were calling for moyes to be sacked when he struggled to a 17th place finish, even mentioning disaster area peter reid as his replacement because, quote, he's everton through and through

kenwright has always stuck by moyes, and he deserves alot of credit for backing his manager and giving him as much money as he can

as for anybody running a football club, are you sure? its not just turning up at match day and sucking up to the odd ken dodd esq celebrity..

im hoping for a long reign for both moyes and kenwright at everton

I've seen it written here on this forum, that with Kenwright we are all the time falling behind not only the"so called" big four, but teams such as Spurs, Newcastle, Man City etc,etc.....

Well!.........luckypool beat us twice! cheated us at home and were as bad as us thrashing us 1-0 away, except for a terrible 2nd half at home to Arsenal we really weren't that far behind them on the pitch and Chelsea always seemed to just do us by the odd goal every time!....so yes it seems we are miles behind that lot :rolleyes:

Miles behind....Spurs, Newcastle, Man City etc!!......erm check the final table lads, I think you'll find it is they, that are behind us AGAIN!

Small squad, unlucky with injuries and a couple of bad Moyes signings....not to mention a few bad refs and we did all the above!

Why the hell do we need to spend huge amounts to break into the top 4?.....Without losing key players and bad decisions we could have even done it this year.What if Torres gets injured in the European championships and Gerrard has a loss of form next season!where could they end up.....5th, 7th?

The ground move?.....well that's another story.

But Everton going backwards............................ :lol:

250 - the issues of us falling behind is in business terms, not on the pitch.

deeper into debt every year, strange how we sell asset the club had yet the debts dont drop.

they sell of the catering to an incompetant outfit

sell of the merchandise to what seems like a fuck up of an operation.

ok, the right people a running this club, doing a great job!

these problems are being caused by KW, but BK gave that man the job, knowing he has a history if misleading fans at his previous club, and also has a history including bankrupting a company. good guy, good track record. hmmm

Soon enough the only assets left to sell will be those on the pitch ... I don't know about anyone else but that's a scary thought for me :mellow:

The main issues for me are these. Why do we have to wait until the last ball is kicked to sort out Moyes' contract?...at other clubs, chairmen and managers are in constant discussions. We obviously needy Moyesy to sign the contract, not a single person would disagree with that...so why hasn't Kenwright sorted this out months ago?

Moyes is our biggest asset, full stop. Why leave any room for doubt or speculation. If Moyes wants to know his transfer budget for the summer, TELL HIM! Just get him signed for Christ's sake.

Ther other thing is related. Why do we have to wait until the end of the season to discuss transfer targets?? Other clubs are doing business and have been doing business for weeks!! Has Kenwright learned nothing about missing out on targets?

Just what exactly is Kenwright doing with his time?? He is the fucking chairman. It strikes me that his biggest concern is keeping our fantastic manager, and keeping him happy by giving him a better transfer kitty. Why do we hear things like 'I'm going to speak to the chairman about transfers next week'? Next week!!! Kenwright, get off your fucking arse. You should be in constant dialogue with Moyes, phoning him about funds, making approaches for players, signing Carsley up.

If you don't sort this on the pitch stuff out, there's no point even worrying about stadiums etc. Sort your fucking priorities out, and lets actually behave like a club going places. Let's be a leader in the transfer market. I know we won't have the funds others have, but you can decide on a budget, decide which players that might be leaving, decide on your targets and make early moves for them. We are an attractive club to join. Let's use that fact, and be pro-active for once. I appreciate we aren't the richest club around, but if we conduct our business properly and professionally, we can make important moves before other clubs who are less attractive to join than us.

So Moyes has to talk to Kenwright about transfer targets and how much he has to spend!

Well that's probably exactly what fat Rafa had to do when he bought Torres, the caveman and a couple of others!.........He had to ask the Americans if he could have the funds to buy them!

So they said yes! They didn't exactly have the ready cash to do so, or so were led to believe, maybe it was added to luckypools masive debt......but rafa still had to ask.Credit to the Yanks wherever the money came from it probably bought them 4th place.

So we ship out Kenwright for someone like the Americans.......Moyes can have as much money as he wants!.........will you all be happy when you find out it's just borrowed money he's just spent, still might not get us 4th place, but sure as hell puts us even further in debt!

So the caterers are crap.......I hear the foods great at Birmingham!.........and the merchandise isn't being handled very well......bet you can still buy an Everton shirt if you really want one!

Of course everything's not perfect!.....some of the people on Kenwrights back about giving the God like Moyes all he wants, are the same people who said Moyes wasn't up to it a while back!

Most clubs are in debt in one way or another, and many are being run by corrupt people, Everton are far from perfect, but come on! we've just had a bloody good season, anyone who wants to believe the newspapers that Kenwright is willing to lose Moyes over contract differences is not really thinking straight! WHY would he risk it?

OH I can hear it already!.......because Kenwright is a usless prick!.........The same usless prick that gave Moyes a job in the first place and stuck with him when he had a blip or two.

I can put up with piss poor food every now and then, not that keen on prawn sandwiches! I can put up with crumbling Goodison, I can't change what goes on behind the scenes and I'm sure as hell am not going to send death threats...........So I'll continue to give Everton, it's manager and Chairman my support and thank them for a great season.

you really are so blinkered!

the big clubs who have gone into debt are profitable enough to cover for them, but at least own assets to get out of it if need be!

we dont own assets, our debts are getting deeper and deeper and we have nothing left to sell.

things on the pitch are great right now, but tell me why smaller clubs with smaller stadiums, smaller fan bases and less success on the pitch can manage off the field with bigger wage budgets than we have?

the people running everton the football team are doing a great job, the people running everton the business are heading further and further down the long road to ruin.

just remember how good things are now when the only thing left to sell is the on field assets!

Blue 250 - No one is saying Moyes shouldn't have to ask BK for transfer funds. What I, and others, think is that BK should have told Moyes what he had to work with months a go - i.e. you get us into Europe and you have this amount to spend, if not you only have this much. Clubs are making signings NOW and Moyes still hasn't been told his budget so he can't be talking to the players he wants yet. There's something wrong with that IMO.

^^^

Spot on, also the fact that Moyes is saying that he needs to act quickly to get the bosmans he wants hardly fills me with joy, surely that shows the level of our budget this year. I have no problem with a few good bosmans but surely moyes should be saying he needs to move quickly on signings not just bosmans.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Blinkers aren't always a bad thing!.........They help you focus on what is really important to you!

I never have really got involved with the business side of things, prefering to focus on the team and the results.You can see if the team are playing well, giving 100%.....unlike the backroom stuff, where you read Kenwright says this and Moyes said that!

Was everything roses in the boardroom when Howard Kendall 's team was sweeping all before them during the 80's......I don't know, but probably not!

Like it or not Kenwright is the chairman, Moyes is the manager and Neville is the captain.I think we can be certain that that combination isn't to everyones taste!

Why does Moyes make Neville captain? Why then wont Kenwright give Moyes the money for the players he wants....if indeed that is what's happening? Why are smaller clubs in less debt than us?

I don't know.............I do know why we finished higher than Newcastle, Spurs and Man City!

BUT I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I don't believe what the newspapers say.

I can understand for you locals who know far more about whats going on behind the scenes, than us lads out here, it must be very frustrating!

The only advice I can give is don't let it cloud the fact that things on the pitch are pretty dam good and don't let it spoil the good times.There's been and there will be more times when things in the boardroom are ok, but on the pitch they are crap.Try and enjoy it now, you never know whats coming next.

Please don't let us become another luckypool!.....they finished fourth!.....but they can't be happy with that, Will rafa go or stay, Gerrard go or stay, will the spanish players follow rafa, they hate the yanks and love the Arabs, poison and hate aimed at the bloke who sold them to the Americans, fringe groups, banner writers etc, etc!

when kendall was in charge we had able businessmen in the board room with the finances to back him.

things are rosey on the pitch, but the pitch might as well be covered in daisies and dandelions if were driven to administration.

no body wants a yank style take over like at the shite, but look at the yank take over at villa!!!

Guest once-a-blue!
Please don't let us become another luckypool!.....they finished fourth!.....but they can't be happy with that, Will rafa go or stay, Gerrard go or stay, will the spanish players follow rafa, they hate the yanks and love the Arabs, poison and hate aimed at the bloke who sold them to the Americans, fringe groups, banner writers etc, etc!

Why is it that Blue 250 feels it necessary to always bring up Liverpool's so-called problems? - be realistic you have a Chairman that lacks courage and foresight and many players that are well past their best - if Neville is an example of captaincy then I can't see it - I can only think it must have been a contractual condition when you bought him? - it is time to realise that 21st century premiership football has got absolutely nothing to do with how much money you have got but how much you are prepared to borrow to develop the football club - take a look at these figures which came as a bit of a shock to me and probably a few Man U supporters - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...9/BNStory/Front If you don't like the Canadian version then just Google Manchester United losses !! Personally I just like the sound of $1.5 billion in debt. ;)

...you have a Chairman that lacks courage and foresight and many players that are well past their best

"Everton are now firmly established back in their rightful position as one of the leading clubs in England, helmed by a determined manager backed by a sympathetic board with a team packed with hungry, young players eager to succeed.

It’s no wonder the Everton model is being held up as an example by clubs that refuse to become embroiled in the multi-million spending sprees that threaten to destabilise the top-flight to a damaging degree."

Once-a-Blue or Daily Post? You decide :) .

Why is it that Blue 250 feels it necessary to always bring up Liverpool's so-called problems? - be realistic you have a Chairman that lacks courage and foresight and many players that are well past their best - if Neville is an example of captaincy then I can't see it - I can only think it must have been a contractual condition when you bought him? - it is time to realise that 21st century premiership football has got absolutely nothing to do with how much money you have got but how much you are prepared to borrow to develop the football club - take a look at these figures which came as a bit of a shock to me and probably a few Man U supporters - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...9/BNStory/Front If you don't like the Canadian version then just Google Manchester United losses !! Personally I just like the sound of $1.5 billion in debt. ;)

:huh:

I can think of two - Carsley and Neville. Hibbert was never any good so he can't be counted. We have quite a young team and Moyes keeps showing that he wants a young team by gradually phasing out the older players and bringing in younger players.

Welcome back once-a-blue!......haven't seen or heard much of you or your mate since the Chelsea game :rolleyes: ......yes, I lost my money, dam you :angry:

Why do I use luckypool problems (so called, sorry)....to highlight what I don't want to happen to Everton?

Firstly!........freedom of speech!...........Secondly, who else would you hold up as an example of pathetic in house fighting, with problems amongst all factions within the club.My point was that even though they finished 4th!........all that happens on the pitch is over shadowed by what's going on behind the scenes, and what a terrible shame it is.

I was just pointing out my thoughts to other lads on this thread, that our 5th place was excellent and I'm hoping that the daft stories in the papers, the true ones and the lies didn't distract them from what had been achieved.

If Man City's or Newcastle problems had been more relative to my thoughts I would have used them as an example.

When you say our chairman lacks courage and foresight, I guess you mean you reds would love to see us sell our souls to any big daft bidder!.....well for all Kenwrights faults (and I can't see too many), that's something he has said he would never do....sorry about that!

Don't be too surprised if in a few years time, a Kenwright owned, Moyes managed Everton still playing in a crumbling Goodison Park are a few places above you!

p s Once-a-blue...(even your name is a piss take on Everton! and you wonder why people take the piss out of luckypool!)......read Mikeo's post a couple above this one......over and over again until it sinks in!

Guest once-a-blue!

I've read Mikeo's post - and once was enough Blue250 - if Everton are a model according to some Daily Post bluenose reporter then that's fine but what have you got to show for it in the trophy cabinet - absolutely nothing! I accept that Liverpool have won nothing for the last two years which is unacceptable by the standards they set but at least we have been in there challenging at the highest level for European honours. When did you last realistically challenge for anything? If Everton are a model then for me they can keep it! <_<

Edited by once-a-blue!

Guest once-a-blue!

So Blue250 you happily believe every bit of shite that is written about Liverpool but as soon as somebody in the press has a go at your wonderous Everton then you simply write them off as daft stories! Convenient!

And if you honestly believe that Everton are going in the right direction that's great - Liverpool finished 4th 11 points behind Man U - Everton finished 5th 11 points behind Liverpool. All I am saying is that you cannot realistically expect to be serious contenders with a board that lacks ambition and runs the place on a shoe string. Kirby - Tesco's - do I need to say anymore ffs !!

Yes but this post was about(at least I think it is, without going back over all of it)Moyes and his relationship with Kenwright etc!

What have we won!......seems listening to some so called experts and so called pundits, including some of your old players that we have won some admirers!!

Where as you have become noted for your kindness to your owners.....who bought you 4th place.

Once-a-blue I can't be bothered to go toe to toe with you on this thread, because as I've said I don't pretend to know what's happening behind Evertons boardroom door!

I would worry more about your behind the scenes if I were you.Who ever owns you by the start of the season will probably be throwing $, £ or whatever Arabs have under their dresses at you. No doubt you will be in there trying to buy the title.

Whilst Moyes and Kenwrights outlays will probably be much less, but we WILL be there right behind you, pushing you for that 4th place, winning more friends and admirers by the way Everton are doing it.

I think its a question of what you're realistic goals are, to judge your relative success. It's no good comparing Everton and Liverpool on an equal footing, because they have access to much more cash through Champions League revenue, and a larger fanbase.

For Liverpool, they have spent large amounts of cash for years, under Houllier and Benitez, and have gotten no closer to the Prem. In those terms, although they've done well in Europe, they have failed in their main objective. You won't get many Liverpool fans arguing with that. They don't like it when an Everton fan points it out, but its the sort of thing they say to each other.

For us, considering the massive financial gulf between us and the top 4, 5th is realistically the best we can do at the moment. It's a fantastic achievement, and a credit to Moyesy and the players. Also looking at the money spent by Spurs, Newcastle, Man City, West Ham, Pompey it shows again how much more difficult it is to get in the Uefa. So realistically, given what we can aim for, we are a happy club with fans who are happy, knowing we have finished pretty much as high as we can at the moment.

The overall point I think, is to be honest with yourself and your ambitions. That's why us finishing 5th is a real success (and I believe we weren't at all far away from winning the Uefa), and that's why Liverpool have failed again to match their ambitions and aims. If David Moyes was given the money that has been given to Houllier and Benitez over years and years, you can absolutely guarantee we would be closer than Liverpool are to the title.