Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Gareth Farrelly

Not one of our greatest ever players by any means, but who knows where we'd be now were it not for his goal against coventry on the last day of the season 10 or so years ago?

All the best Gareth, get well soon.

I remember he was Bohs manager over in irelad and then he signed for Cork along with Healy, that had a good season last year with them both in the middle of the park.

Get well soon Gareth. I remember that season how many long range shots he had on goal that had ended up in row ZZ, but I had a view of that one from directly behind from the Gwladys Street and you knew as soon as he hit it that it was going in. Really weird thing - I just looked up the goal on youtube and it was exactly 10 years ago to the day.

if his career is over who's for starting a petition for a testimonial after all 'that' goal kept us up all those years ago and its always good to look after players fallen on harder times.

It's wrong to single out one player because they suffered an illness in my opinion. I think a better idea would be to host a testimonial game at Goodison against one of the larger European teams and give the proceeds to the former players foundation.