IGNORED

We Need A Reliable Right Back!

Don't see much in the forum about Hibbert's poor form. Am I the only one who near shits himself when I see his name on the teamsheet?

Admittedly he doesn't lose possession that often, but he's continually letting opponents get goalside of him. When he realises what's happened, he makes less than strenuous efforts to redeem the situation.

He was OK a couple of seasons back, but I think that other teams have improved in the meantime and he hasn't. I know we are not blessed with class defenders to spare which is probably why he still gets the games. But I think that a good RB is a MUST for next season.

What say you?

Yes I shit myself when I see him on the teamsheet... But where already low on RB so we probably can't get rid of him. He's an average player who should be either gone or on the subs bench. Hibbert would do well the Championship he would probably be one of the best defenders in the league.

Don't see much in the forum about Hibbert's poor form. Am I the only one who near shits himself when I see his name on the teamsheet?

Admittedly he doesn't lose possession that often, but he's continually letting opponents get goalside of him. When he realises what's happened, he makes less than strenuous efforts to redeem the situation.He was OK a couple of seasons back, but I think that other teams have improved in the meantime and he hasn't. I know we are not blessed with class defenders to spare which is probably why he still gets the games. But I think that a good RB is a MUST for next season.

What say you?

i have never disagreed with anything as much as i disagree with that!

hes terrible in possession, but defensively he is probably the most reliable DEFENDER we have!

think you have it backwards mate, sounds like bandwagon jumping to me

i have never disagreed with anything as much as i disagree with that!

hes terrible in possession, but defensively he is probably the most reliable DEFENDER we have!

think you have it backwards mate, sounds like bandwagon jumping to me

Are you actually kidding me? Firstly he is slow, so cannot recover a defensive position when caught on the counter-attack, secondly he is as uncomfortable in moving the ball about as Neville or Carsley- Just watch how many passes we link together until Hibbert just boots it down the line-. People can argue about him being a good tackler, but ALL DEFENDERS SHOULD BE GOOD TACKLERS, no questions asked, composure, strength and pace are qualities Lescott has in abundance.

Hibbert is a Championship level player, get rid of him. He is not the most reliable defender we have- I think that goes to Yobo :D

Are you actually kidding me? Firstly he is slow, so cannot recover a defensive position when caught on the counter-attack, secondly he is as uncomfortable in moving the ball about as Neville or Carsley- Just watch how many passes we link together until Hibbert just boots it down the line-. People can argue about him being a good tackler, but ALL DEFENDERS SHOULD BE GOOD TACKLERS, no questions asked, composure, strength and pace are qualities Lescott has in abundance.

Hibbert is a Championship level player, get rid of him. He is not the most reliable defender we have- I think that goes to Yobo :D

read my post fool, i said hes rubbish in posession, so why are you bothering to tell me about him being uncomfortable on the ball?

and i think you'll see hibbert isnt slow.

i dont think you have actually watched hibbert playing either. cant prove this though can i

We just extended Hibbert's contract this season.

Second, Moyes really feels like he can lean on him when the team needs a good defensive performance. He has commented before that he knows exactly what he gets out of Hibbert when he is put out there (insert your jokes here).

I honestly would be shocked if we spend money on a new RB. If anything, we'll probably see another CB come in or maybe we'll put out faith in Rodwell (don't know if it's too early yet).

Our biggest needs are in the midfielder IMO.

Darijo Srna? If so that's a very good call. He is an excellent crosser too :)

He's not the greatest going forward, neither is he a great defender. A very good wingback and a decent right midfield player but not a very good right back. Shaktar value him at around 9 million pounds anyway, would Moyes spend it on a fullback when there are other holes in the team?

Great set pieces though.

I honestly would be shocked if we spend money on a new RB. If anything, we'll probably see another CB come in or maybe we'll put out faith in Rodwell (don't know if it's too early yet).

dont count on it just yet, hes only played in midfield for the reserves so far.

when he starts playing centre half for the reserves we might see more of him at the back for the first team

dont count on it just yet, hes only played in midfield for the reserves so far.

when he starts playing centre half for the reserves we might see more of him at the back for the first team

Moyes wants him to play defensive midfield so I don't think that will be happening

Darijo Srna? If so that's a very good call. He is an excellent crosser too :)

correct again mr admin! But i only know of him because he is getting rave reviews in 442 magazine and its chief sports writer henry winter said to look out for him, sadly while he is ok now, if he has a good tournament chelski are likely to be after him immediatly

Incidently i was reading on telegraph.co.uk (not right wingish so dont buy the paper) and henry winter said Hibbert deserves an international call up :o I know the rumours are he is an evertonian but if that is the case he's gone maaaaaaaaaaad!

Incidently i was reading on telegraph.co.uk (not right wingish so dont buy the paper)

:lol::lol: ...me and some mates...in my pre computer days....used to take it in turns to buy the torygraph every Wednesday to get the fantasy footy scores, standing joke was that we were so embarrassed that we'd buy a copy of "Men Only" to hide it in in case we met anyone we knew at the paper shop :P .

And like StevO said, how has he been overlooked for so long :angry: ?!

Edited by MikeO