IGNORED

Wessels Released

Never really rated Wessels so dont really mind about that, he looked like a cross between James Blunt and a lion.

Grav got a good recepetion from crowd today so fair play, he served us well over the years (not really this time) but he was always good at geeing up the crowd.

Will be sad if Carsley does go, again he has been a fantastic servent to the sqaud, I would still like him as a squad member next year but will understand if he wants first team football next year, and hopefully we wont be able to off that to him. Might be worth mentioning that it did say in the programme that contract talks for cars begin next week so we might not have seen the last of him

Wessels was a really good keeper and as Randomness said above probably kept us in Europe. I think ever since the Oldham game when there player had that shot it looked like Wessels could have saved it I think everyone thought he was crap after then but he couldn't have played for Bayren Munich if he was crap even though he was on the bench most of the time he was second best behind a world class keeper.

I hope Fernandes stays he's proved himself in the past few games and he didn't really set the world alight when he first joined us last season an you can't blame him for his fitness level because it was Valencia's fault.

Not bothered about Carsley or Graverson. Both been good servants but I think both have finally failed to make the cut and we don't need players of this age when trying to push into the 'Sky 4'. If they were actually world class an Carsley's age then yes I would keep him but his times up I'm afraid IMO. Could still sign a contract though.

im not seeing what people had against wessells, when he came in he was pretty solid. a good 2nd keeper imo.

i wonder why they said tommy would be leaving, but no mention of manny?

Moyes has said they'll discuss the Manny situation this week and that he "has some ideas". It looks hopeful.

Still no mention of Vd Meyde getting shipped out, wtf is going on cos he should be the first to go. :(

According to updated squad profile on the OS...

...van der Meyde is now back in the Everton fold and hoping to make his mark in David Moyes' squad.

The unfortunate winger never managed to get closer than a place on the substitutes' bench throughout the season - largely due to injuries.

Where there's life there's hope, that's what I say.....does he still have a pulse...anyone know?

Carsley could be off to Birmingham:

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/733183.html

David Sullivan said

"We are very close to signing a player who has played 200 games for a team that has been in the top six/seven clubs in the Premier League."

"We believe he's better than what we've got, and would be even if we were still in the Premier League. But, had we stayed in the Premier League, we wouldn't be trying to sign him.

He fits the bill and his family are all Birmingham fans anyway.