IGNORED

Thinking About It..

Had we had a few quality players brought in, in January we really could have pushed for that fourth place.

Not many teams can say they a couple of players away from breaking into the top four. I can happily say Everton can.

It will be much harder next season, i can see spurs pushing mext season, pompey and villa will also strengthen so we need to ensure that Moyes is backed next season and he is able to bring in those 4 quality players to hoperfully take us to the next level

It will be much harder next season, i can see spurs pushing mext season, pompey and villa will also strengthen so we need to ensure that Moyes is backed next season and he is able to bring in those 4 quality players to hoperfully take us to the next level

agreed.

are we really that close though?i hate to say it but just cant see any team breaking it for the next 10 years.

liverpool will stregnthen much more than us in the summer as well as the other 3, so even if we improve, they are improving as well. and are we going to attract the big name players to help us take the next step?i just cant see it im afraid.

I dont mean to put a big fat soakin wet dampner on all this but can you honestly say we are a couple of players off fourth spot.

I hope we push on and make fourth but i think our downfall this season will be over expectation....

To be honest if Luckpool slip up and have a so so season (like this year) yea i think we could nick fourth spot but honestly all guns blazing i think 5th is the best we can hope for and maybe a "better" cup run..

Can go along with most of the reasoning but not all. i think we are very close to The Reds, all we really needed to do this season was to do the double over them, 6 points off their total and 6 points onto ours would have given us 4th place.

Thats what we need to aim for next season, but as its already been stated we need 2 or 3 class players to be brought in.

Lets hope the EFC Board understand just how close we are.

Think if you look at the 140 day chunk of last season from the Liverpool theft defeat until we hit the buffers after the Fiorentina defeat you can see what we're capable of. It was 43 points from 19 league games (half a season) and only six defeats in 32 games overall (ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea x 2, Fiorentina and...er....Oldham).

It was a game every four and a half days on average over the best part of five months which included the ANC where we were due to crash and burn. We scored 57 goals and conceded 22.

It's fantasy because you can never get through a season (certainly not of the length of the one we've had) without injuries or fatigue but you could argue that we have the players already to break into the top four. The "Right Result" table (HERE) put us in fourth and if we'd got justice in the three games where we were blatantly robbed (Liverpool, West Ham and Blackburn) we'd have been very close.

That's not to say I'd expect the same next year from the same players, Wyness is right to say (whatever his motives) that we overperformed, particularly in that middle part of the season. It'll be tough to stay where we are next season, but I can't wait for it to start!

Can go along with most of the reasoning but not all. i think we are very close to The Reds, all we really needed to do this season was to do the double over them, 6 points off their total and 6 points onto ours would have given us 4th place.

Thats what we need to aim for next season, but as its already been stated we need 2 or 3 class players to be brought in.

Lets hope the EFC Board understand just how close we are.

but thats the thing isnt, if luckypool would have done the double over the mancs they would have won the league so its all ifs and buts

but thats the thing isnt it, if luckypool would have done the double over the mancs they would have won the league so its all ifs and buts

OF course it is, IF Gerrard hadnt have dived for the pen and IF he hadnt talked the ref into sending Hibbert off and IF Carra hadnt bodyslammed Lescott and IF Kuyt had been sent off for his two footed airborne dive at Neville things might have been different.

BUT it didnt happen, so now you see where you get the name luckypool from, BUT i'll tell you this.............

We are a lot closer to you than you are to the MANCS. IFS and BUTS my arse, more like poxy fookin Luck and favouritism from referees.

I know the season is full of ifs and buts but sometimes them ifs & buts arnt all they are cracked up to be.........

Using the right result table... who benefitted from the usual dubious decisions....

The revidsed table shows who benifitted the most from "bad decisions"

You could have guessed it

Sorry i dont know how to post a pic i didnt know it would be added as an attachment

table.bmp

Edited by DangerMouse