IGNORED

Next Year's Uefa

Couple of interesting points from the site that JD linked about this time last year...

First the club coefficient table (which is added to 33% of the countries rating) confirms that this year we're going to have none of last years worries about coming up against higher seeded teams...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../tcoef2008.html

Then the full list of Euro qualifiers which will carry on being updated so we know who we're potentially up against...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/qual2008.html

Valencia, Sevilla, Sampdoria, Udinese, Paris Saint-Germain, Benfica, Dinamo ( :o ) & Rapid Bucharest, Feyenoord, CSKA Moscow, Metalist, Dnipro, Queen of the South, Motherwell, Club Brugge, Besiktas, AEK Athens, FC Zürich, Viking Stavanger, Bronby, Austria Vienna, Legia Warsaw, Hajduk Split, St. Patrick's Athletic, Glentoran and Bangor City to name but a few who are already in ;) .

Italian season's over. Fiorentina got a late goal (76) at Torino to hold on to fourth place and a Champs League spot. AC Milan into UEFA despite beating Udinese 4-1....so we'll have them in the final eh :P ?

Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't, actually. It's been ten years since a team from Italy even made it to the finals of the UEFA Cup, and that streak includes a couple of appearances by AC Milan.

2nd in the Erdevise isn't actually a Champions League place. They have a 4 team play off system. 2nd play 5th and 3rd play 4th. The winners of these then go into a final, the winner of that goes to CL. The loosers of the first two games also go into a play-off game. Two teams go to Uefa. Ajax are going to uefa at the moment, FC Twente go to CL. Herevenen and NAC still need to finish there qualifier games.

Edited by jamiemaher85

group A-

Everton

Ajax

AC milan

Sevilla

CSKA Moscow

if seeds got abolished :P that would be a fun group to play in

god i hop enot, we wouldnt stand a chance.a group like this year will do me fine,trip to istanbul against ac milan for the final.we would show our friends down the road how to really put on a show

One of my best friends is an Ajax fan. Needles to say he is pissed off

It's ridiculous the set up aint it, I heard that they are going to be voting to scrap that set up though.

Imagine how Ajax felt a couple of seasons back when they lost the league on goal difference and still had to qualify for the CL.

There needs to be something, the tv money alone is ridiculous. I think the Shite got 18m, comapred to 3m for us this year through european money. Personally i think that less teams should be going to champions league, should just be the champions of the domestic leagues, old school. That will never ever ever happen though, too much money would be lost and the big boys would spit the dummy big time. Oh well.