IGNORED

Carsley

This is bad news indeed. Losing one of our best players for nothing when we are already thin on the ground in the squad stakes isn't ideal. At least now Moyes must bring in a defensive, commanding midfielder to replace him (which won't be cheap) and then we'll need someone as back-up, hopefully Rodwell can step up to the plate. Can't blame Carsley for going and I wish him all the best, he's been a great servant and has never hid from a challenge. Get someone quick Moyes.

This is bad news indeed. Losing one of our best players for nothing when we are already thin on the ground in the squad stakes isn't ideal.

IMO it's good news. Not particularly because I want rid of Carsley, but because it forces Moyes' hand. I don't believe he would have brought in a replacement for Carsley this summer if he'd stayed, and even you must agree it was about time Carsley's duties were lessened with a replacement?

IMO it's good news. Not particularly because I want rid of Carsley, but because it forces Moyes' hand. I don't believe he would have brought in a replacement for Carsley this summer if he'd stayed, and even you must agree it was about time Carsley's duties were lessened with a replacement?

I see what you're saying and yes Moyes now HAS to act and fast imo. I still personally think Moyes would have brought someone in anyway, Carsley was obviously getting on a bit so I would have expected him to only be second choice this season. I think that is why he may have gone, possibly Moyes and Cars sat down and talked about it and Moyes mentioned bringing someone else in and Carsley - like Stubbs - just thought oh well it's time to move on and let someone else take over.

I've wanted someone like Appiah for some time now, it's desperately what we need and Carsley's undoubted limitations on the ball are a large past of the reason we can only effectively play 451, if we can get a real quality commanding CM then it will totally open up how we can play - 442/451 etc and improve the team no end. Carsley would have been great cover though.

He'd be a very good signing for any championship team and I daresay he could do a job for West Brom. Plus it'd be nice to see him again at Goodison, he'd be one of the few players to recieve a standing ovation upon his return.

Unsung Hero! Has been part of everthing we did last season...he has always been overlooked by media...who ever signs him has got a dedicated player who gives 110% every game....Good luck LC...you are always a Hero and a true Legend,,,,all the very best and hope you achieve something before you hang up your boots! God bless!

Very best of luck to him, good honest pro who always gave us 100% and made the most of his abilities.

Top bloke off the field also, only ever hear good things about him and particularly his charity work. The game needs more like him with their priorities sorted.

Very best of luck to him, good honest pro who always gave us 100% and made the most of his abilities.

Top bloke off the field also, only ever hear good things about him and particularly his charity work. The game needs more like him with their priorities sorted.

Spot on Mike.

I thought it was his time to go but I would never knock Lee Carselys commitment to Everton. For me he was Man of The Match against Newcastle last game of the season and it certainly wasnt the first time he has shone in his spell at the club. The last few years he was up there with the best defensive midfielders in the Prem. This season I think his age has caught up with him and looked off the boil in some games but he still put in a shift. I probably would have kept him as a squad player but hopefully Davey now gets a younger replacement with a bit more quality.

Good Luck Cars, im sure you will do a job wherever you go.

I think the time was right for him to move but hes been a great servant and although he didn't win anything while he was with Everton he did some amazing things like Winning us the derby know one will ever forget that. :P

ATB Carsley and as Ian said im sure you will do the job wherever you go!

Been a great servent to the club but its probably the right time for him to move on now, hopefully we can bring in some quality to replace him now. I just hope to fuck that it we don't start playing Neville in the centre of the park now, that would be fucking depressing.

Anyway, best of luck to Cars, will be a cracking player for free in championship

I was never the biggest fan of Cars but I am grateful for the years and hard work he put into the club, which has made me kind of sad to see him go, although he did need replacing and this should guarentee a replacement.

All the best and good luck to him at Brum.

great servant to the club, like many have said before, if you give 100% Evertonians will support you.

great guy off the pitch as well as on it, im sure the lads will miss him too, they all say hes the joker and keeps them all smiling, brum have a top pro on their hands.

ATB

Some good comments here. Agree in particular with SteveO and Everton Lad.

For the fee we paid and the fact he probably hasn't been on particularly high wages, he has been worth his wieght in gold to us. The role he played in the season we got 4th place was huge and its worth noting that when we struggled the follwoing season, he was injured (and we didn't have anyone to do the role in his absence).

I am absolutely certain that we will get a top quality holding midfielder this summer, indeed it would not surprise me if this was our big summer signing, splashing the cash.

Cars - you have been superb for us. As Steve says, if you give your all for the club, you will always be appreciated. You have ticked this box without question.

And as for the moment you gave us when you scored in the Derby...thank you!

All the best to him, I am sure he will take great enjoyment playing all 08/09 to get Birmingham back to the Prem.

Teams need the odd Carsley or two in their ranks! He just got on with his job, took many a nasty knock but just got on with it.

Another year as cover would have been great, but you can't blame him for looking for that extra year.

VDM..........Take a look at that man, and hang your head in shame :angry: