IGNORED

Wessels Replacement

Not too sure on Ruddy, saw him play quite abit when he was on loan at walsall when they were in league 2 and he looked out of depth there. Sure he was still young, but still I think that we need someone better for cover than these two, at the moment anyway, who knows what the future holds.

But if Howard gets injured then we could be fucked. I don't have enough confidence in these two at the moment and think that if we want a strong squad then we need a decent back-up keeper otherwise we could find ourseleves in hot water.

EDIT: Just seen Echo have linked us with a move for Maik Taylor

Edited by jamiemaher85

If Ruddy and /or Turner have been out at League 1 or 2 clubs on loan what makes you think they are ready to step up to the big-time? That's a hell of a big hill to climb - just ask Derby!

Do we need a back-up keeper? Of course we do, that's why we got Wessels on board in the first place!

If Howard's injured, would YOU want the team's season to depend on a bloke who played well for Rushden & Diamonds? (No disrespect meant to the lad).

Both are under 18 and under 21 internationals and have played in Internatinoal Competion Tournaments, i think they are a bit better than RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS and STOCKPORT.

And dont forget Big Neville, the best goalkeeper ever to wear the Everton shirt was playing for BURY in the mickey mouse league.

Ruddy has kept 8 clean sheets from 12 games for stockport this season, and Iain Turner was outstanding for sheffield wednesday two seasons ago before he got injured.

I really rate both keepers, so bringing in a replacement for howard without giving these two a chance is a poor idea.

How can keepers step up to the plate to have experience if they dont play? they are both just kids aswell

Like Licker said, big Nev played for bury before playing for the first team, whose to say Turner or Ruddy cant step up to plate for seasons to come?

we would be better off investing our transfer funds in midfielders