IGNORED

Jo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say i've seen much of him while he has been at CSKA but used to watch quite abit of South American football and he always looked good for Corinthians. He's fast, and he's got a little bit of height, well compared to the rest of the squad he has. He could do well here but think we have more pressing positions to fill. When City where linked with him in January there was a £20m price tag mentioned, we would be foolish to waste that amount of money if we don't have ample funds to strenghten the midfield.

Can't say i've seen much of him while he has been at CSKA but used to watch quite abit of South American football and he always looked good for Corinthians. He's fast, and he's got a little bit of height, well compared to the rest of the squad he has. He could do well here but think we have more pressing positions to fill. When City where linked with him in January there was a £20m price tag mentioned, we would be foolish to waste that amount of money if we don't have ample funds to strenghten the midfield.

I agree. Looks an excellent centre forward, but we have pressing issues around central midfield. But equally importantly around supply to the forwards. No point spending £20m on a centre forward if we only have a couple of players capable of finding him with passes. I think the likes of Diarra and Jaoquin are what we need now to add to the supply line going through to the forwards.

Now if the rumours of AJ leaving for £10m + are true, then maybe a centre forward then becomes important, with Vaughny being a bit injury prone (hopefully will get a good run next year) and Vic being our only other two.

Would go for Arshavin and Bradley before going for a striker, especialy if we only have £20m to spend.

If push came to shove i reckon Jagielka could play just in front of Yobo and Lescott as a holding Mid, I know he looked a bit out of place when he played midfield, but with his tackling and athleticism i think he could do the job if he was given a decent run at it. :)

This lad is 21---from CSKA Moscow

Great goalscoring record

http://www.lep.co.uk/national-football/Eve...City.4099463.jp

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20423371/

Doubt if Moyes only had £20m to spend he'd blow it all on a young striker

I would assume he would look to recoup a fair chunk of this money by selling AJ, possibly getting another cheaper/loan striker in as well. We need someone better than AJ to take us to that next level, someone more of Yakubu's quality.

I agree that we need someone of a better class than Aj to really push onto the next level, I think that Jo is a good player but there a few things that concern me. The 3rd party thing jumps out straight away, don't want to deal with that prick Kia Joorbachian again. Also i do feel nervous about signing brazillian players, there are very few that have made any real impact on the Premier League, the case for would be Elano, played in russia (or was it ukraine) anyway similar league, he has come over and adapted well, but there is then a huge list of brazillian and argentinian players that just never made the cut in england. We don't have they kind of money to hope that someone will cut it, we need more care in our signings, especially with a type of player that traditionally does badly in epl

on a plus side the last batch of brazilian and argie players to join the prem have been hits e.g. tevez, masch, alves, edurado (he is nationaly brazilian but plays for the croats.)

I think jamie's concerns regarding the Brazilian 'mentality' thing may still be a worry in certain circumstances, but one area of the pitch that it shouldn't matter quite so much is in attack, where workrate and grit isn't quite as necessary (unless he's being brought in as a target man). We need a spark going forward, someone who can make things happen, who has real pace and can do the unexpected. Yakubu is a brilliant player, but we need someone to go with him who has some magic in his boots - what a partnership we could have then.

I think jamie's concerns regarding the Brazilian 'mentality' thing may still be a worry in certain circumstances, but one area of the pitch that it shouldn't matter quite so much is in attack, where workrate and grit isn't quite as necessary (unless he's being brought in as a target man). We need a spark going forward, someone who can make things happen, who has real pace and can do the unexpected. Yakubu is a brilliant player, but we need someone to go with him who has some magic in his boots - what a partnership we could have then.

Magic in his boot......... I like it.............. we can do with some of that

I guess there have been a few more south american players coming thru recently that are making an impact, but bar elano all have needed alot of time to settle. Players coming from eastern european leauges seems to be doing well but it is the mentality that worries me. One poor big money signing could be the end of us, if we spend big we need a big return from them.

Seen a few things mentioning West Ham bidding £15m.

Would bite your hand off for that.

When they are talking about the likes of Eto for £20m then this is the sale of the century!

No familiar with this Jo character but certainly need a 'creative' forward (think McFadden but good).

well on top of elano youve seen players like zarate come in and get rave reveiws

the thing is now i belive the prem is strating to change

everyone belives we need tall powerfull players flying in everywere but that is the old way now as you will just give away fouls. The modern premiership player is the likes of pienarr who is fast thinking quick looking for the pass and decent work rate and engine on him

not manny teams now have a hard man in there midfeild but more or a clever techniqaly gifted sweeper

...a few more south american players coming thru recently that are making an impact, but bar elano all have needed alot of time to settle.

Roque Santa Cruz?

(This could turn into a "What have the Romans ever done for us?" sketch :lol: )

Edited by MikeO

I'm already regretting my original statement, think players like Rodrigo (was that his name?) have made me wary of brazillians, i always think of people like Kleberson and Veron as well who completly flopped in the Prem, but i guess that last year is one of the first times that south americans have really made an impact in the prem.

Still though as i said before 18m is alot for us to spend and i do think that a south american player can be a gamble, and we are not in a financial situation to make an 18m gamble. One big mistake in the transfer market could really really fuck us over. I don't want to be the next Leeds, spending more money to hit it big then completly fucking it.

Another Joachim part owned player like Manny, perhaps Everton will buy his left leg and rent the other one for a season with the option to purchase the rest of him in instalments. Who knows anymore, ive given up trying to understand these part owned deals.

I do think it looks positive because weve had dealings with Joachim in the past. I hope we can strike a deal, although I doubt Moyes would spend 18 mil on a player with just one international cap to his name but who knows?

I was under the impression that English clubs can not purchase from third parties unless either they receive special dispensation from the FA (as Liverpool did with Mascherano) or the club pay a FA representative to broker the deal so they know it's all above board.

I'd never heard of Jo before today - I can't imagine us paying £18million on a player this summer

I can't imagine us spending that much on a player either. I am completly lost over this 3rd party stuff, I think that as long as the people at the top get there pockets lined then they will over look anything but it all seems alot of hassle. I do think that Jo would struggle to get a work permit, only has one cap and he has stated that he won't play under the current management as he had a dispute with Dunga.

Article on it today said they'd probably work out a deal to pay the transfer fee in installments over several years. I'm kind of ambivalent about targeting this guy (doesn't hurt to have more scoring power, but at the same time we have bigger needs). One thing's for damn sure, though. If we do sign him, we WILL be a 4-4-2 team next year - no way are they going to plow almost 30m into two strikers and then have one of them coming off the bench every week. I also agree with whoever said that AJ's probably gone if we sign this guy, assuming we can get a decent return for him.

I was under the impression that English clubs can not purchase from third parties unless either they receive special dispensation from the FA (as Liverpool did with Mascherano) or the club pay a FA representative to broker the deal so they know it's all above board.

I'd never heard of Jo before today - I can't imagine us paying £18million on a player this summer

Liverpool had 2 get permission from UEFA 2 sign mascherano because he had played for 2 other teams that year. It's ok with the premier league but dodgy for the fa cup (tevez at west ham)

My understanding is that it is no problem to sign these 3rd party players IF you buy out their contract in its entirety. The thing that isn't allowed in the English game is to have joint ownership. So we couldn't, without special dispensation, purchase 50% of Jo's ownership with KIA owning the other 50%.

West Ham are apparently (rummours) interested in shipping out Ashton to bring in AJ. Madness if you ask me, but if he would go to West Ham I'm sure we'd pocket close to 10M for him.

Edited by chicagoblue