IGNORED

Jo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright - not an Everton fan as such but was talking to a lad at a wedding this weekend who knows Robert Earl very well from coaching in USA. Apparently Moyes is dead keen on Jo, but board think he costs too much and are backing off.

Also said Moyes can't stand Yakubu coz he thinks he's a lazy Bstard, but he's been told to stick with him by the board as they forked out so much on him. Seemed a reliable source.

Alright - not an Everton fan as such but was talking to a lad at a wedding this weekend who knows Robert Earl very well from coaching in USA. Apparently Moyes is dead keen on Jo, but board think he costs too much and are backing off.

Also said Moyes can't stand Yakubu coz he thinks he's a lazy Bstard, but he's been told to stick with him by the board as they forked out so much on him. Seemed a reliable source.

what is it with people registering to post stupid rumours? this board is turning into football-rumours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I rated Jo (pre-city days) and i still hold him in high regard. i just think he's had a bit of a bummer, given the chance i think he would do alrite in the prem, so if this one does come off on loan, i'd be happy B) Like the Yak, he needs 'feedin', without it he cnt score...cities mid-fielders are too greedy, maybe thats y he hasn't hit form!? ;)

I rated Jo (pre-city days) and i still hold him in high regard. i just think he's had a bit of a bummer, given the chance i think he would do alrite in the prem, so if this one does come off on loan, i'd be happy B) Like the Yak, he needs 'feedin', without it he cnt score...cities mid-fielders are too greedy, maybe thats y he hasn't hit form!? ;)

Yeah I guess you're right. His stats at CSKA Moscow check out alright, 53 appearances with 30 goals, that's pretty damn good. I suppose it's worth the gamble then on loan for 6 months.

I dont really want him here permenantly, but he's a better striker than the likes of Lita and Nugent. I think that he would come good if he played at us, we'd have Cahill and Arteta behind him and that could make his goal tally come up. With our striker crisis I would quite happily take him. I agree with TC. His stats at CSKA are pretty good and he could hopefully duplicate them when he come here. It's worth the gamble, what have we to lose?

Well City paid 18 million for him and the Russians are infamous for paying ridiculous wages, so if I had to guess I can easily imagine he's on something massive that we'll have no interest in paying. I can understand that City will want to loan him out to see if he can make it in England, but even on loan I wonder if we can afford him.

Now, if moneybags are subsidizing the wages, then why not.

I would rather Nugent than Jo.

:)

FACE/DESK

Well City paid 18 million for him and the Russians are infamous for paying ridiculous wages, so if I had to guess I can easily imagine he's on something massive that we'll have no interest in paying. I can understand that City will want to loan him out to see if he can make it in England, but even on loan I wonder if we can afford him.

Now, if moneybags are subsidizing the wages, then why not.

The big problem will be his wages, but hopefully they will let them drop for the six months we would have him.

• 2 weeks later...