IGNORED

Van Der Meyde Attacked In Echo

WHILE the subject of new arrivals is on everyone’s lips, talk of departures will also rise but one man who won’t be leaving Goodison Park this summer is Andy van der Meyde.

Though he never kicked a ball in anger for the first team last season and has consistently under-whelmed on the pitch since he arrived at the club three years ago, Everton simply are unable to offload him.

Clubs in Portugal and Greece have, at some stage in the past 12 months, made strong enquiries but the player simply won’t move.

There was even suggestions of him joining Wigan and Bolton but, again, he would not go.

Part of van der Meyde’s desire to stay on Merseyside is down to the health of his young daughter Dolce, who still requires constant hospital attention as she battles to overcome a serious bowel condition.

Something such as that means football pales into insignificance but if van der Meyde is going to be around for the next year, is it too much to hope for him to come back from his summer holiday with a fresh outlook?

He is an engaging individual but, sadly, fell in with the wrong crowd and though it would take a comeback of Lazarus proportions to get in the first team regularly, would it be too much to ask for him to at least show a willing attitude?

i feel so sorry for him tbh, he hasnt made it here, not only that his daughter, his home probelms, and his stuff being nicked.

I agree to a certain extent, he has had a hard time of it since his arrival but so do a lot of other peeps, and VDM has brought most of it on himself.

I cant see why he refuses to go home because of his daughters illness, surely she would get the same medical attention at home.

I do feel sorry for the kiddie tho, she needs to go home.

If it were my child and I felt the best place for her was where she is...the place that is the only home she's ever had...then I'm sorry but any other consideration would go out of the window; fuck football and whatever anyone thought about me. Think any parent would feel the same.

If it were my child and I felt the best place for her was where she is...the place that is the only home she's ever had...then I'm sorry but any other consideration would go out of the window; fuck football and whatever anyone thought about me. Think any parent would feel the same.

I think he should be given a chance to shine. You just don't forget how to be a quality footballer (which Andy is). We all know that if he gets fit, hell it would be like a new signing in every sense of the term. I heard he looked freaking awesome in the states training last year, take him on pre-season get him fit and watch him fly. Andy when fit is a much better player than Arteta how Moyes drags it out of him I don't know, but if he does imagine him and Mikel on either wing.

I pissed off with him though as it is a tragic waste of talent and wasting someone elses dreams I would cut of my left tezzer to have the chance of playing for the Blues

I am quite surpised how much goodwill there still is for him to be honest.

Granted, his child is ill and as a parent I echo what Mike says, that comes first with anything else a distant second. And to be honest, when you have the money, this country is probably better than most for accessing healthcare.

However, there still has to be some effort made. And frankly, what we have had so far surely makes his signing one of the worst pieces of business we have ever done.

I of course hope we get to see something of him, no doubt the talent is there. But in the unlikely event that you are reading this Andy...time to step up the plate for your employer.

I am quite surpised how much goodwill there still is for him to be honest.

Granted, his child is ill and as a parent I echo what Mike says, that comes first with anything else a distant second. And to be honest, when you have the money, this country is probably better than most for accessing healthcare.

However, there still has to be some effort made. And frankly, what we have had so far surely makes his signing one of the worst pieces of business we have ever done.

I of course hope we get to see something of him, no doubt the talent is there. But in the unlikely event that you are reading this Andy...time to step up the plate for your employer.

I think everyone knows he has talent and hopes he will get a rocket up his arse and come good. We wait and hope, if he can't do it for himself or the army of blues supporters he should at least do it for his daughter, who when she gets older would be upset that her father threw away his career.

I do feel for him and I have always wanted him to do well but its not going to happen unfortunatly. I have always wished he would come good in the end but he just cant get back on the bench let alone the first team. Hes got quality we all know but its starting to dissapear and I fear for his career. I would love to ask Moyes about Andy and what future he has at the club and why he isnt even on the bench when he is one of the most experienced players in Europe in our team!

I do feel for him and I have always wanted him to do well but its not going to happen unfortunatly. I have always wished he would come good in the end but he just cant get back on the bench let alone the first team. Hes got quality we all know but its starting to dissapear and I fear for his career. I would love to ask Moyes about Andy and what future he has at the club and why he isnt even on the bench when he is one of the most experienced players in Europe in our team!

Josh your right kidder, I think a few Evertonians want to ask Moyes the same question mate. Its shite being left in the dark.

The guy is just unable to perform to a reasonable standard, he played 21 games in 3 years before we signed him, i dont think he's played 10 games in the two years plus since he's been here, 30 games in 5 years tells you that his body (whatever he's done to it) is not capable of of attaining the fitness required to make the squad, and for that he can only blame himself not his daughter.

I'm sure the 2 or 3 million pounds he's conned from the club ( HE CERTAINLY HAS'NT EARNED IT) would provide his daughter with the best medical help wether he be in in England or Holland, and tho i feel feel for his daughter i will certainly be glad to see the back of him.

The club made one monumental and costly mistake when they signed him.

Oh my god, some of you guys must have a screw loose. There is no f**king chance shandy andy will come good, useless waste of millions of £ on wages. Has done nothing, is doing nothing and will not do anything. Should have his contract terminated today.

That's what people want to know, he is not in Moyes plans, so what's it to be? Either he will come good or terminate his contract, we just want answers.

it will probably cost more than his wages to get rid of him. might as well keep him around and let the kids see what can happen when you let your talent go to waste

If he's never fit and gets up to some of his other shenanigans then couldn't we sack him on performance management grounds? ie terminate his contract with no payoff. He must have had several warnings about his conduct/media outbursts etc, add that to his fitness record and I would have thought we could get him off our books. Feel sorry for the guy but he has been an absolute waste of time for us.