IGNORED

What Are You Reading?

Romey 1878

Just bought the new Terry Pratchett book "I Shall Wear Midnight" Not started it yet though.

So you're not reading it then are you :angry: .

My time's valuable you know and I just wasted fifteen seconds of my life navigating to this page to find what? An inaccurate and misleading post.

Start a "What book have you just bought?" thread next time please <_< .

Now where did I put my pills :unsure: ?

:lol:

I did you a favour there MikeO. You had nothing to add to the thread (What Are You Reading) until you took the time and effort to read my post. See I do favours for folks too. :lol:

As it happens I am reading one of a numerous number of books called "2012" this one being by Manda Scott. The Terry Pratchett book is next. :P

I am currently reading today's Independent.

Not bought a paper for ages but had to take Josh to the orthodontist this morning to get his brace fitted...was quite time consuming so I thought I'd have a read. Sadly I forgot to take my glasses so all I could see were the headlines and the pictures :( .

Consequently reading it now....waste of £1 not to :) .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

"Trautmann's Journey"

By Catrine Clay.

Christmas present!....The story of Bert Trautmann.The Manchester City goalkeeper, he of the 'broken neck', then played on for 16 mins in a cup final.

I had read somewhere he had been a prisoner of war, but never realised his incredable story.Hitler youth, Russian front!....after capture was working on a bomb disposal unit in liverpool.

Stayed in England after the war and became a one of the worlds greatest goalkeeper.

Quote from the book" "The team Bert loved to watch most in those early days was Everton".....he thought Ted Sager (Everton goalkeeper) was the man to learn from.

When he retired 47,000 fans attended his testimonial.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...