IGNORED

What Are You Reading?

Romey 1878

• 2 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
Have you read them all?

No for my sins .

I used to collect first editions as a hobby , but ran out of room .

Here's an old picture of part of my library .

Had so many that I have had to store most of them in boxes .

IMAG0082.jpg

Edited by efctaxi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im currently reading an Everton book called "whats our name?" by someone O'brien about the 2003-04 season, it a diary of his year following EVerton. Brings back some good memories and so far its a good read, can wait to see how it finishes :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tom Clancy - Rainbow Six ... My first Clancy book ever, quite enjoyable although he often uses poorly construed sentences ... Definitely a better writer than Grisham though, but that's the group of authors I'd place him in... Was expecting a little bit more.

Edited by holystove

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Clancy - Rainbow Six ... My first Clancy book ever, quite enjoyable although he often uses poorly construed sentences ... Definitely a better writer than Grisham though, but that's the group of authors I'd place him in... Was expecting a little bit more.

Tom Clancy:

I've always enjoyed Rainbox Six, perhaps more fitting in todays eco-crazed climate, though the nut jobs have always been around the masses are only started to be swayed by continual exposure to the media, truth or no truth...

Slated as the next Tom Clancy movie, I fear it will be crap... wish it was made 5-10years ago.

My favorite's:

Without Remorse - simply awesome tale of justice! Especially in this day and age of judges giving slaps on the wrists to crims..

Red Storm Rising - read it 3 times and probably will again in the next year or so.

The Sum of All Fears - unfortunately the movie twisted it to suit the climate of the day...

Larry Bond:

Just finished Red Phoenix by Larry Bond, a good solid read, as enjoyable as Red Storm Rising, love an author who can tell a story on a multitude of fronts and pull it off.

Vince Flynn:

I've read every book, highly entertaining, earlier Mitch Rapp books are better but the later ones are still good value.

Brad Thor:

I've read every book Solid. Enjoyable, slighly below the Flynn books.

Daniel Silva:

Excellent, a sometimes fumbling hero Gabriel Allon is a wonderful character who cannot seem to get any down time from fighting Israel's enemies...

Dale Brown:

Thoroughly enjoyed the early books, later ones went mad but I still read because I feel an attachment to the characters lol.

I've just finished an order of books:

All of Stephen Coont's Jake Grafton series, starting with Flight of the Intruder.

A number of James Rawlins adventures.

A book called Wet Desert (about a nutter who goes about blowing up dams in the usa)

A book called Triple Idendity... the blurb looked good and someone who was into Vince Flynn recommended me.

I just finished The Dodgers Move West by Neil Sulliva. Guessing there aren't too many baseball fans around. I'm starting Sabbath's Theater by Philip Roth. In the past I've read American Pastoral, also by Roth. I thought it was spectacular. Has anyone read a lot of his books and have suggestions for what I should read next?

I just finished The Dodgers Move West by Neil Sulliva. Guessing there aren't too many baseball fans around. I'm starting Sabbath's Theater by Philip Roth. In the past I've read American Pastoral, also by Roth. I thought it was spectacular. Has anyone read a lot of his books and have suggestions for what I should read next?

I thought both "Exit Ghost" and "The Great American Novel" were very well written. Certainly if you like baseball (like me), TGAN is a must-read.

Me girlfriend is reading that one at the minute Zed.

I never would have thought it but hes gay.

Derran Brown not Zed

:D

maybe thats just what he wants you to think!

other than reading the posts on here, last 3 books:

Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Dune Trilogy - Frank Herbert

Hitchhikers Guide - Douglas Adams