IGNORED

What Are You Reading?

Romey 1878

One om my most re-read books. Not a huge sci-fi fan by any stretch but this book is just brilliant.

to be honest, im not that broad of a reader so you wont be suprised to hear that ive read all of them several times. i know who and what i like and tend to stick to my guns. the Guide is my alltime favourite book ever and will never, ever get old!

check out Good Omens, its quite an intense read but hilarious at the same time. Most of Gaimans books are intense to be honest so it was a nice twist that Pratchett popped up with some sarcasm and humour. still dark and twisted but there are some laugh out loud moments. easly slots in the top 5...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just read two books by James Frey called A million LIttle Pieces and also My Friend Leonard. Both are highly addictive books would reccoment them to anyone, although you may like to know that he has exaggerated the truth in the A Million Little Pieces. I am now on to his next book which isn't a biography but fiction calle Bright Shiny Morning. Will let you know how this beauty pans out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution by Dr Robert C Atkins.............honestly, it's a great read and so enlightening. For instance you can eat all the meat and dairy products as you want and loose weight. I have had twelve full english breakfasts this week without the bread and beans (no starch or pulses allowed) and I have lost three stone :P

Seriously, I have just finished Sanjjev Bhaskars' India, real good travelogue and interesting reading regarding partition in the 50's and the trouble it started between the newly created Pakistan and the Republic of India.

Bill Simmons' The Book of Basketball. 700 pages on the NBA. No joke, 700. I'm on page 320. I'd say it's a must-read for anyone interested in basketball. Although the author makes a lot of pop cultural references that may be lost on non-American audiences. Still suggested for all basketball fans though.

Bill Simmons' The Book of Basketball. 700 pages on the NBA. No joke, 700. I'm on page 320. I'd say it's a must-read for anyone interested in basketball. Although the author makes a lot of pop cultural references that may be lost on non-American audiences. Still suggested for all basketball fans though.

To be fair I wasn't all that impressed with the excerpts he placed on his website. And a lot of the references in his columns are to things that happened in the 80's which people in their 20's might not get (apart from the fact that you need to know a lot about American culture as you said).

I like Simmons, and I will continue to read his stuff .. But I don't think I'm willing to pay 20 euro (cheapest price I've found (shipping included)) for some rehashed columns.

Edited by holystove

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try the club first then try here Sean ......

http://www.lionbooks.co.uk/?page=shop/browse&category_id=77&CLSN_1218=12604140501218d2f19d59b35a25cb01

I strongly recommend the Ken Rogers "100 years of Goodison Glory" which i have, and you will find everything you possibly need to know about the club and former players.

It was £16.95 when i bought it but its advertised at £25.00 on on that site, so make sure you shop around for a decent price. :)