IGNORED

Moyes V Rooney

There was only ever going to be one winner...

Everton FC manager David Moyes has accepted damages and an apology from Wayne Rooney over comments the England striker made in his autobiography.

The undisclosed sum is being paid to Moyes by Rooney, co-author Hunter Davies and publisher HarperCollins, a judge in London heard.

Moyes's Solicitor Edward Parladorio told Mr Justice Eady that in the autobiography, Wayne Rooney - My Story So Far, his client was accused of "a serious breach of trust towards a young player under his management".

He said Moyes was accused of leaking the contents of a private and confidential conversation, during which the star stated his intention to leave Everton, to a local newspaper.

Mr Parladorio told the court that the allegation was "wholly untrue".

After the brief hearing, Moyes said in a statement: "I am glad that these issues have now been resolved and that my name has been fully cleared in this matter."

The Goodison manager indicated he would donate the money to the Everton Former Players' Foundation.

After the hearing, a statement from Moyes said: "Anyone who knows me well would, I hope, regard me as a man of honour and integrity.

"I was disappointed and wanted people to know that what had been written was completely untrue.

"I felt that I had no choice but to take action for a full apology and damages.

He added: "All of the above said, we have now moved on and I wish Wayne and his family all the best for the future both on the field and off it."

Ian Monk, spokesman for Wayne Rooney, said afterwards that "all costs and damages in this case are being met by the publishers".

If the fucking little toad was any sort of a man he'd pay it himself.

Wouldn't it be beautifully ironic if Rooney did a Gazza when his playing days are over, lost everything and ended up on the psych ward....wonder if he'd qualify for a grant from the Former Players Foundation to pay his hospital bills :P .

Ian Monk, spokesman for Wayne Rooney, said afterwards that "all costs and damages in this case are being met by the publishers".

If the fucking little toad was any sort of a man he'd pay it himself.

Maybe what Rooney said was twisted by various people to make a better story! Rooney hardly wrote the book by himself.

If he and he alone had made the allegation, why would anyone offer to pay the damages on behalf of a multi-millionaire?

Why has Rooney been such a twit to Moyes? If it wasnt for him he wouldnt even be where he is now and all Moyes ever tried to do for the lad was protect him from all the bad contract offers and he supposed drinking and run ins with the press .. I say fuck him if thats how hes going to turn round and treat Moyes.

Perhaps he has had to put his hand in his pocket...

Wayne Rooney has arrived in Ibiza for a four-day stag do with 16 friends and family and the Manchester United striker has hired a £20,000 villa :huh: .

You don't get much for £20,000 in Ibiza anymore, I have just hacked into "Hello's" web-site and can now exclusively reveal a picture of the venue....

hovel.jpg

Maybe what Rooney said was twisted by various people to make a better story! Rooney hardly wrote the book by himself.

If he and he alone had made the allegation, why would anyone offer to pay the damages on behalf of a multi-millionaire?

The publishers are just as responsible for the comments made as the author is, and it's also common for the publisher to pay the legal fees and any damages.

Perhaps he has had to put his hand in his pocket...

Wayne Rooney has arrived in Ibiza for a four-day stag do with 16 friends and family and the Manchester United striker has hired a £20,000 villa :huh: .

You don't get much for £20,000 in Ibiza anymore, I have just hacked into "Hello's" web-site and can now exclusively reveal a picture of the venue....

hovel.jpg

I thought that was Bills shed??

Nice one Mike its coming along, am i seeing things or is that an Albertine rambling rose you have there, or is it a magnolia.

Looks very similar to the one i have over my Pergola.

Haven't a clue Bill....I'll ask the boss, she's in charge of flowers :D .