IGNORED

Fixture List

iggy

With the new fixtures due out this coming Monday, who is your money on for our first game?

Having begun the season at home for the last few years I reckon this time will be an away, and I'm going for a trip to........ Sunderland

Away at anfield. 3-0 with a Phil Neville hat-trick

Of successful passes, forwards, to another Everton player? :lol:

I usually look to most of our fixtures with a healthy dose of optimism but that takes the biscuit!

With the new fixtures due out this coming Monday, who is your money on for our first game?

Having begun the season at home for the last few years I reckon this time will be an away, and I'm going for a trip to........ Sunderland

Assuming I'm employed at the time, I'd very much fancy an away day for my yearly game....Hull sounds fun to me.

A couple of unusual trends that might be worth keeping an eye on:

7 of our last 10 openers have been against teams we played within the first five games of the previous year. If that holds up, this year's opener will be against either Wigan, Tottenham, Blackburn, or Bolton.

Twice in the last ten years we've opened against the same team two years in a row (ManU in '98 and '99, Arsenal in '03 and '04).

Blackburn at home is a nice 1st game imo, maybe excluding santacruz and bentley aswell?

Followed by a trip to West Brom, back on sooner than you thought eh Baggies :P ?

Then Pompey at home and trips to Stoke and Hull, hopefully a decent amount of points in the bag....fifteen not out of the question...before Liverpool at Goodison.

Amazing to play all the promoted teams (and all away) in the first five games....although it could work against us because they'll all be still full of hope at that stage :) .

aye but we could be the reality checkers,

October is a bastard month arsenal followed by united. nice

away to fulham on the lastn day, either we finally relegate them or we have to ensure our european football is secured by then.

Saturday, 17 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Liverpool v Everton, 15:00

Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Everton v Arsenal, 19:45

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Everton, 15:00

OUCH!!

Saturday, 17 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Liverpool v Everton, 15:00

Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Everton v Arsenal, 19:45

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Everton, 15:00

OUCH!!

I actually like it. Not only do we have the opportunity to make a statement by taking points from those games while we're still in (hopefully) our peak midseason form, we're also getting them out of the way early, which is even better. After that stretch we still have 14 games left and only one of them is against any of the "Big Four" (@Chelsea in April). If it comes down to a stretch run battle with Man City or Tottenham for fifth place (or fourth place!) and we're all close on points, I'd much rather have our schedule than theirs.

Our last five: Man City, @Sunderland, Tottenham, West Ham, @Fulham

Tottenham last five: @Man Utd, W. Brom, @Everton, Man City, @Liverpool

Man City last five: @Everton, Blackburn, @Man Utd, @Tottenham, Bolton