IGNORED

Moyes' Money Frustration

barryj

We won't have £78million to spend - I can tell you that for free. Most of that was going to be borrowed or sought from naming rights and sold assets.

I'm not shocked by it but a little disappointed that it was so vague, he could have specified whether Moyes had money if the move was going ahead or not.

I'm concerned that he'll have no transfer kitty this season as it will have been earmarked for the new stadium.

We won't have £78million to spend - I can tell you that for free. Most of that was going to be borrowed or sought from naming rights and sold assets.

I'm not shocked by it but a little disappointed that it was so vague, he could have specified whether Moyes had money if the move was going ahead or not.

I'm concerned that he'll have no transfer kitty this season as it will have been earmarked for the new stadium.

:o

If that's the case then we're seriously screwed. It would mean we couldn't improve our squad size which is pitifully small. The Express are reporting that Moyes will sign a new deal worth £12million though and that he will have £25million this summer to spend.

The Express are reporting that Moyes will sign a new deal worth £12million though and that he will have £25million this summer to spend.

A fine, upstanding honest newspaper with intimate knowledge of the facts....I've always said so :unsure::unsure: .

Well, a man can hope can't he :) ?

Dont forget the NOTW were reporting that AJ, Cahill and Arteta were signing for west ham this time last summer

And their sister paper the scum constantly reports that arteta is unhappy at Everton and wants out

pile of crap paper

the only papers I believe as far as Everton are concerned are the Echo and the Daily Mail. The Mail usually always gets it spot on with the footie news, the rest of the tabloids just print anything.

Several reports had suggested that Everton were waiting to see whether Secretary of State Hazel Blears would “call in” the application for a public inquiry on their Kirkby stadium plans before deciding how much money manager Moyes would be given to spend on his squad ahead of the 2008/09 season.

This Thursday (July 3) was originally expected to be the decision date but with the Government now delaying the verdict there had been fears among Everton supporters that Moyes, who has one year remaining on his current contract with the club but has yet to sign his new deal which has been agreed in principle, could be facing a cash-flow crisis which could scupper his transfer plans.

However, Ian Ross, Everton’s Head of Public Relations & External Affairs, told the Daily Post: “This is completely untrue.

“These are absolutely separate issues. They always have been and they always will be.

“The Government’s decision (on the Kirkby project) won’t have any impact on the manager’s transfer budget.”

Several reports had suggested that Everton were waiting to see whether Secretary of State Hazel Blears would "call in" the application for a public inquiry on their Kirkby stadium plans before deciding how much money manager Moyes would be given to spend on his squad ahead of the 2008/09 season.

This Thursday (July 3) was originally expected to be the decision date but with the Government now delaying the verdict there had been fears among Everton supporters that Moyes, who has one year remaining on his current contract with the club but has yet to sign his new deal which has been agreed in principle, could be facing a cash-flow crisis which could scupper his transfer plans.

However, Ian Ross, Everton's Head of Public Relations & External Affairs, told the Daily Post: "This is completely untrue.

"These are absolutely separate issues. They always have been and they always will be.

"The Government's decision (on the Kirkby project) won't have any impact on the manager's transfer budget."

It was the Daily Post who said they were linked in the first place! :rolleyes:

Liverpool Daily Post

Current reports are based on manager David Moyes’s legitimate concerns that the government could refuse plans for Everton’s new stadium and call a public inquiry, thus curtailing the amount of transfer business he can conduct in the summer window.

So did the Echo;

Liverpool Echo

A decision is expected by July 3, but if the plans are called in by the government for public scrutiny the entire ground-move scheme would be threatened and Everton’s immediate spending plans affected.