IGNORED

Rumour: New Everton Club Store Opening

Louis

There is a rumour doing the rounds that Everton have agreed to lease a new store in the Liverpool One shopping centre.

It's supposedly on the upper level's South John Street, next door but one to the LFC Store (but it's less than half the size apparently)

The green store in the attached image.

post-1-1214473839_thumb.jpg

JJB are a bit of a joke though and despite being official retailer Everton shirts are always out numbered.

I went into a big JJB store in Ellesmere Port (nr Chester) not so long back and as I went in there was a whole back wall of Manure shirts. Then a smaller selection of Red Shite & Arsenal shirts then tucked in a corner a few rails of Everton shirts. Now I appreciate we have a new kit coming out soon but official retailer with such little Everton merchandise was a joke.

Again, a business will stock to demand but you would still expect some bias towards Everton :(

JJB are a bit of a joke though and despite being official retailer Everton shirts are always out numbered.

I went into a big JJB store in Ellesmere Port (nr Chester) not so long back and as I went in there was a whole back wall of Manure shirts. Then a smaller selection of Red Shite & Arsenal shirts then tucked in a corner a few rails of Everton shirts. Now I appreciate we have a new kit coming out soon but official retailer with such little Everton merchandise was a joke.

Again, a business will stock to demand but you would still expect some bias towards Everton :(

There was an official store in the arcade a few years ago but it was closed down, Birkenhead is the only store to have made a profit out of the lot and was the only one kept open.

• 7 months later...

The rumour is that people at Grosvenor have let slip that Kitbag are operating a new store on South John Street..

I don't know about Nike/Le Coq Sportif (probably one of them). Umbro deal is definitely not going to be renewed, Elstone has all but confirmed.

Not sure, I think it may be the first time.

I hope they call it "Everton Two" though, it'd look good on the advertisements, Everton Two, Liverpool One :)

good idea that.

anyway its about time that we opened a store in liverpool one. we dont need to compete with liverpool but we do need some presence in the city centre in order to get revenue in

I don't know about Nike/Le Coq Sportif (probably one of them). Umbro deal is definitely not going to be renewed, Elstone has all but confirmed.

Unlikely that we've got a deal with Nike as they own Umbro don't they? Unlikely to be competing among themselves.

(Loving Everton Two though!)

do kitbag already run any shops?

i thought they only ran online shops

They do most of their shopping online but I'm sure that they have some shops for the public to walk into. I think there is one in the Grand Arcade (Wigan) because they were having a sale the time I was in, they have everything at mad prices - Luminous Chelsea shirt £4.

Everton have reportedly dumped Umbro as their kit manufacturer and have replaced them with Le Coq Sportif beginning with the 2009/2010 season. Also reportedly gone are kit distributors JJB who are being replaced by Kitbag instead.

Kitbag run the stores of:

Aston Villa

Barcelona

Celtic

Chelsea

FIFA World Cup

Formula One

Man Utd

West Ham

Umbro

Nike

Reebok

Rugby Football Union

Wimbledon

http://www.epltalk.com/everton-agree-new-s...and-kitbag/3837 is the source of the story

I think I should be on commission for the amount of advertising Kitbag are getting out of me!

25 February 2009, 14:27

Fashion retailers Lacoste and Henri Lloyd are to take direct control of their stores on Paradise Street in Liverpool One after a franchisee closed their stores due to financial difficulties.

The two shops, which traded side by side from one space with two fronts, shut their doors last week and are currently being fitted with a dividing wall before reopening in the coming weeks.

Grosvenor has managed to hang on to many of its administration cases, with Zavvi, Faith and others continuing to trade despite closing other stores across the country.

The 160-store, £1bn scheme is around 90% let and has seen new openings this month from Tesco, Jigsaw and Caffe Nero. Flannels, Reiss and Cath Kidston will follow soon.

Jenefer Greenwood, retail strategist at Grosvenor, said new lettings would be announced soon despite the weak national market.

Furniture department store Redbrick Mill recently confirmed a deal to take a 40,000 sq ft store on Hanover Street and Wheels of Sport is taking a unit on Paradise Place, opposite John Lewis. An Everton FC store operated by Kitbag is opening two doors down from Liverpool FC's store, proving, Greenwood quipped, what a multicultural city it was.

Cushman & Wakefield, Strutt & Parker, and Tushingham Moore are letting agents for Grosvenor.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest efctaxi
It's not... it's because I paid money to keep the site going all those years ago! :)

Admit it .

2 and 6 wasn't an arm and a leg in those days though :lol: