IGNORED

Board Meeting Tonight

Louis

The Everton board are currently in a meeting that was quickly arranged. It began at 5:30pm.

Something's going on! :o

What could it be?

They will be at the Kirkby cavalcade tomorrow with collecting tins too raise cash for Desperation Kirkby.

Volunteers welcome.

NSNO saying this...

Indian Investor Inbound? : Rumours have reached NSNO Towers of an alternative to the "traditional" Russian investment opportunity in the form of "richest Indian in the world", Lakshmi Mittal.

Said to be worth $63 BILLION Mittal is rumoured to have made an offer to the board which was discussed at a board meeting this evening at Goodison Park.

NSNO saying this...

Indian Investor Inbound? : Rumours have reached NSNO Towers of an alternative to the "traditional" Russian investment opportunity in the form of "richest Indian in the world", Lakshmi Mittal.

Said to be worth $63 BILLION Mittal is rumoured to have made an offer to the board which was discussed at a board meeting this evening at Goodison Park.

if that is true, they will have to change the club motto's to,

1) Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2) Kopites are Gobshites

3) Dont have a cow man!

B)

I'm here all week and some weekends too

googled the guy and i saw this on his wikipedia page

Queens Park Rangers

Recently, Mittal had emerged as a leading contender to buy Barclays Premiership clubs Wigan and Everton. However on 20 December 2007 it was announced that the Mittal family had purchased a 20 per cent shareholding in Queens Park Rangers football club joining Flavio Briatore and Mittal's friend Bernie Ecclestone.[17] [18] As part of the investment Mittal's son-in-law, Amit Bhatia, took a place on the board of directors. The combined investment in the struggling club sparked suggestions that Mittal might be looking to join the growing ranks of wealthy individuals investing heavily in English football and emulating other similar benefactors such as Roman Abramovich.[19]

[edit] Everton

On the 27th June 2008, the Everton board met to discuss an approach by Mittal to buy the club.

That was Awfully Fast!

NSNO already backing away from it...

UPDATE : Since we published this story, several other sources have contacted us to let us know that these rumours are just that - rumours, and that there is very little - if any - substance to them. So, back to talking about Mr Moyes and his contract then!

Nice thought while it lasted :( .

So was it because of the ground move being likely to be called in for a couple more weeks? Would this signal the end of Mr.Green? and the start for Mr.Mittal? - fook me, can't wait til the football starts again!

Edited by c1982

Widely reported that GNOW have asked for more time to make the decision on the ground.

More delay in DM knowing what he has to spend possibly :( .

NSNO again....

Supporters expecting a resolution to the whole Kirkby affair next week will have to wait yet another two weeks after the Government Office North West decided it needed more time to weigh up the scheme.

Under normal rules. the GONW has 21 days from granting of planning permission to refer schemes to government for enquiries, but the GONW has asked for an extension of two weeks.

Those looking forward to an end, of sorts, to the in-fighting these plans have caused between Evertonians will have to suffer at least another fortnight.

Last night, a spokesman for GONW said, "We have applied for more time to consider the application because of its size.

"That information has been sent to Knowsley council and to the developers.

"The statutory provision prevents the local authority going ahead and acting on planning permission. Inside 21 days, it is difficult to consider all the possible ramifications of an application of this scale."

NSNO already backing away from it...

UPDATE : Since we published this story, several other sources have contacted us to let us know that these rumours are just that - rumours, and that there is very little - if any - substance to them. So, back to talking about Mr Moyes and his contract then!

Nice thought while it lasted :( .

But they were all at Goodison right?

I can't go on like this not knowing... chewed past my fingernails and elbows, starting on my shoulder blades now.

Money coming in, Stadium going out, Moyes just going?

These rumours are killing me. I don't think we are getting big money, I dont think Moyes is leaving, God alone knows what is going on with us becoming Kirkby FC or whatever.

I wish there were some facts floating around and not just rumours.

I suspected that actually.

But in all honesty I would like to consider what they have as options for myself. I expect most of us would.

Kirkby? Scotty Road? New Goodison?

I wish they would let us as fans look and see for ourselves... or don't we count any more?

According to Kenwright plan B is and always has been Goodison Park yet the planning documents have dismissed Goodison Park and Scotland Road as options.

Interestingly, just before the Kirkby option shown it's ugly head, the board were actually seriously considering redeveloping Goodison.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/...00252-14956573/

THE redevelopment of Goodison Park appears to be Everton's favoured stadium plan for the future.

But the club will not completely rule out the possibility of a shared ground with Liverpool for another 12 days.

"After our discussions with the Sports Minister Richard Caborn, Keith Wyness has two weeks to come up with a plan to see if a shared-stadium works financially. If not, we have plans b, c and d," said chairman Bill Kenwright.

Wyness added: "When the minister for sport asks you take one last look at things you do so because you want to stay on the right side of the government long-term.

"But we are also talking to the city to see if we can improve the footprint around Goodison Park - which is looking better than it was even a month ago.

"We are also looking at new sites and one possibility came up which is starting to look good. My job is to make sure we do the right thing. The most feasible project is working on the footprint of Goodison Park."

Kenwright added: "The city is being a lot more responsive now to our requests for a bigger footprint here."

Having looked at the links Louis put up in the other thread I have to say that if Goodison does not get redeveloped (and that is something I personally would dearly love to happen) then my next favourite option would be the Scotland Road Loop.

I am not a member of KEIOC group, but if anything I would support them in their endeavours. Personally I would sooner support KEAG (Keep Everton at Goodison)

But as I no longer live in the city due to my work I must bow to those of you who do.

Having looked at the links Louis put up in the other thread I have to say that if Goodison does not get redeveloped (and that is something I personally would dearly love to happen) then my next favourite option would be the Scotland Road Loop.

I am not a member of KEIOC group, but if anything I would support them in their endeavours. Personally I would sooner support KEAG (Keep Everton at Goodison)

But as I no longer live in the city due to my work I must bow to those of you who do.

No....you must form your own opinion and not be influenced. Otherwise it would never be what the people think but what the persuasive people have persuaded people to think (some would agrue this is what the board are doing) :)

Oh and I do not live in the city but go to every home game & pay into the club, so by your rules my opinion does not count. :rolleyes:

No....you must form your own opinion and not be influenced. Otherwise it would never be what the people think but what the persuasive people have persuaded people to think (some would agrue this is what the board are doing) :)

Oh and I do not live in the city but go to every home game & pay into the club, so by your rules my opinion does not count. :rolleyes:

i think he trying to say, the decision isn't his.