IGNORED

Moyes Gets A Round In!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/round-signs.html

Everton have confirmed that Steve Round has joined the club as assistant manager.

The announcement follows several days of negotiations between the Toffees and Round's former employers Newcastle United.

Round had been first team coach at the North East club before linking up with David Moyes at Everton.

Despite being only 37, he has an impressive record that includes stints with Middlesbrough and England.

Everton boss Moyes had been operating without an assistant since Alan Irvine departed for Preston in November of last year.

Reserve team manager Andy Holden, first team coach Jimmy Lumsden and goalkeeping coach Chris Woods assisted Moyes in the second half of last season.

Round, who began his coaching career at Derby, was at Finch Farm on Friday as he began life at his new club.

He exclusively told evertonTV: "Once David asked me, and I met him, it was a definite.

"He sold me the club; he sold me the ideas; he sold me how he was moving it forward and how he wanted to take the next step.

"I said I would definitely come and here we are."