IGNORED

Kenwright Wants To Sell Efc

Q: "Bill, are you looking to sell?" A: "Yes, I want to sell. This week I have had calls from Rome, Norway, Dubai and America, but no-one wants to buy Everton because of Liverpool in the same city." ... so, logically, if you move the Club out of the City, that would make it easier to sell?

i got this from toffeeweb.com

even though liverpool or spain or whatever there callin themselves are in the same city, i dnt see how it would make a difference?

This is the full interview. Now i thought this was a piss take at first, i didnt think the man could come across this thick. This is the man in charge of our future, scary stuff.

Bill wasnt given a hard time on anything.

Basically, and I formed my own opinion on Kenwright last night, based soley upon what he told us last night, is that Kenwright is the ringmaster of the circus.

Every question that was asked of him, and I give you a few samples here...

Why are we not represented with a bigger presence in the City? (I bought up the Liverpool store in L1)

BK Answer, only Newcastle fans spend vast amount of sums on merchandising, and out of town Liverpool supporters, if we had a store in the city we would onbly make a couple of £100s a year through that channel, so I dont thunk its worth it. That said Im only the chairman of the club and a fan like you, I dont know anything about merchandising, but I do love the club.

Bill, are you looking to sell.

BK answer, yes, I want to sell, this week I have had calls from Rome, Norway, Dubai and America, but no one wants to buy Everton because of Liverpool in the same city.

Bill, what can you do to make Everton seem like a viable attractive proposition for any prospective purchaser?

BK answer, I dont know. Can you tell me?

Bill, what about the planning and infrastructure needed to move to Kirkby?

BK Answer, hey dont ask me guys, Im just the chairman and a fan like you, thats not a question for your chairman!!

Will Moyes be signing, whats been the delay.

BK answer, no delay, we have a close relationship he calls me 10-15 times a day, we have just been negotiating thats all.

Will Arteta be sold?

Bk answer, no, well I dont think so, why would he go? He loves Everton, new 5 year deal, hes an idol, but football is a strange thing, and nothing suprises me..!!!

I could go on!!

The usual things that get posted on here, about the boys pen, Dave Hickson, Howard etc, all came out last night.

My impression is that he is in serious shit concerning the future of EFC. He did admit it was his heart ruling his head when he bought the clubm which we have to admire him for, and he freely admitted he hasnt the money to take us where we want to go, but I have never in all my life heard any chairman of a multi million pound organisation admit to having no idea about how a company was run, or is ran.

And that for me is frightening!!

Kenwright, a thouroughly nice guy, but to me, in charge of a house made of cards!!!

http://members.boardhost.com/peoplesforum/...1215178435.html

Edited by Fozastuta

Makes himself sound like an idiot here. It all worries me but this quote below is the one that really stands out to me:-

BK Answer, hey dont ask me guys, Im just the chairman and a fan like you, thats not a question for your chairman

Seriously? If you're the chairman then you need to have good knowledge of these things, when you run the club you ultimatley have to stop being "just a fan like you". You need to seperate business and pleasure, which IMO is one reason why BK is going wrong. If he really was a fan we would activlet be looking for a large cash injection into the club and not just saying, "oh but look at the big scary red shadow over the park" Fuck sake BK sort it out, at least give a decent answer to an important question.

Makes himself sound like an idiot here. It all worries me but this quote below is the one that really stands out to me:-

BK Answer, hey dont ask me guys, Im just the chairman and a fan like you, thats not a question for your chairman

Seriously? If you're the chairman then you need to have good knowledge of these things, when you run the club you ultimatley have to stop being "just a fan like you". You need to seperate business and pleasure, which IMO is one reason why BK is going wrong. If he really was a fan we would activlet be looking for a large cash injection into the club and not just saying, "oh but look at the big scary red shadow over the park" Fuck sake BK sort it out, at least give a decent answer to an important question.

"Dont ask me what the hell is going on, i'm only the chairman, the owner, and the head figure of the club"

Its quite clear, this man is clueless, and is being led down a garden path, by those with far much more nouse. He is, as someone else suggested, 'a joke'.

Edited by Fozastuta

Unless we can hear the audio for this "interview" I expect the response to have been doctored and/or parts of the responses are missing - e.g. only highlight the comments that make him appear to be clueless.

Why would he tell "toffeeweb.com" all of the plans when they are not even released to the public through official channels.

Having a 2nd club, bigger club, in the city is competition. When the competition is so much more successful then that is a problem for someone buying the club. One of the rules of business is to research your market & competitors.

The statement "please sell, where ever we go it will be for the better" is complete bollocks and needs no further explanation.

Again, calling the chairman a "joke" is typical of the Kenwright bashers, the man can do no good in your eyes. Why don't you all club together and buy him out...

It appears to be one persons reporting of what he heard, not a transcript.

Needs to be read with a very large pinch of salt I think, a lot of it is complete gibberish and whatever you accuse BK of he can certainly string a sentence together.

Unless we can hear the audio for this "interview" I expect the response to have been doctored and/or parts of the responses are missing - e.g. only highlight the comments that make him appear to be clueless.

Why would he tell "toffeeweb.com" all of the plans when they are not even released to the public through official channels.

Having a 2nd club, bigger club, in the city is competition. When the competition is so much more successful then that is a problem for someone buying the club. One of the rules of business is to research your market & competitors.

The statement "please sell, where ever we go it will be for the better" is complete bollocks and needs no further explanation.

Again, calling the chairman a "joke" is typical of the Kenwright bashers, the man can do no good in your eyes. Why don't you all club together and buy him out...

Again an apologist comes up with the same old shite, "why dont you buy the club blah blah blah". Instead of throwing the same old lines, way up his pro's against cons, and dont use Moyesies magic, the 20m net spend since he's been here is truely pathetic, and back him up. Moving the club away from its home city can not be justified, the deal of century is bollocks. Put it this way, the redshite wouldnt put up with this nonsense, actually most clubs wouldnt.

Again an apologist comes up with the same old shite, "why dont you buy the club blah blah blah". Instead of throwing the same old lines, way up his pro's against cons, and dont use Moyesies magic, the 20m net spend since he's been here is truely pathetic, and back him up. Moving the club away from its home city can not be justified, the deal of century is bollocks. Put it this way, the redshite wouldnt put up with this nonsense, actually most clubs wouldnt.

What is the matter, truth hurt? Fact is people are complaining quite specifically about a position/situation that they will never be in themselves yet seem to have an accurate opinion of how they would do it better or differently.

I am on the fence with the board, as I have always said, but what I dislike are "fans" who bash the board at any given chance and rarely form their own opinion - they follow those who speak loudest like little lambs. On the other hand we are still in the Premiership, still playing very well (and yes the board does have an effect on what goes on on the pitch) and were are not massively in debt.

Bill Kenwright is our chairman and as a fan, a realist might I add, I will support him. At present there is no reason for him to move on or resign.