IGNORED

Aj Is Off!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/...00252-21303443/

He could be replaced by Darren Fletcher :rolleyes:

and Milito who sounds EXACTLY what we need (although I haven't seen much of him!). I like the sound of this a lot, not a big fan of Fletcher but I'll give him a chance, but Milito sounds the ideal foil for Yak. AJ has an outstanding workrate but he's not good enough, this would be excellent business and leave us money to spend on Fernandez and a defensive mid + a winger. Great news.

and Milito who sounds EXACTLY what we need (although I haven't seen much of him!). I like the sound of this a lot, not a big fan of Fletcher but I'll give him a chance, but Milito sounds the ideal foil for Yak. AJ has an outstanding workrate but he's not good enough, this would be excellent business and leave us money to spend on Fernandez and a defensive mid + a winger. Great news.

I wouldn't hold my breath mate, this summer it looks like we have to sell to buy which is fucking pathetic.

I wouldn't hold my breath mate, this summer it looks like we have to sell to buy which is fucking pathetic.

I think it's too early to say that. If true, then yes it is - but I think we just have to wait and see. It wouldn't surprise me if we start to get the ball rolling now, it takes awhile to negotiate with clubs etc. I think in this case, AJ just hasn't cut it and for a club like Everton we cannot afford to have a player who we can sell for £10m sitting on the bench week in week out. Sell him and improve the first team, we're not in a position yet where we have the luxury to have squad players worth in the region of £10m!!!

I think it's too early to say that. If true, then yes it is - but I think we just have to wait and see. It wouldn't surprise me if we start to get the ball rolling now, it takes awhile to negotiate with clubs etc. I think in this case, AJ just hasn't cut it and for a club like Everton we cannot afford to have a player who we can sell for £10m sitting on the bench week in week out. Sell him and improve the first team, we're not in a position yet where we have the luxury to have squad players worth in the region of £10m!!!

I don't actually have a problem with selling AJ, I just don't think he's going to be replaced a la McFadden. I'm getting seriously worried this summer now, this is a pivotal year for us I feel - we have everything neccessary to push on and improve our squad or we'll waste this opportunity and fall backwards, there's no such thing as standing still in football. Our squad is tiny as it is, take a look at the players who've travelled to Switzerland and we've had to cancel a friendly because we don't have enough players :angry: and all that we're doing is making the squad smaller and smaller.

No, worried doesn't cover it.

From the Liverpool Echo article:

"Everton – who are also keeping tabs on Tottenham’s Darren Bent – could face competition for Milito’s signature from newly promoted Stoke City but they would be favourites to sign the 29-year-old on a 12-month loan deal."

Surely someone is having a laugh - competition from Stoke City?!?!?!?

Good to see you back Mike!

I think that Vaughn (injuries pending) can match the pace of AJ, its his work rate that we would miss. Personally I would be against seeing Bent here, good solid player just never setteled at spurs. I agree that he is back-up at the moment, but we can't lose him until we have an assured replacement.

But would people prefer us to spend the majority of money from AJ on a attacking mid or striker. We play better 4-5-1 at the moment, so it may be wort picking up antoerh stiker on the cheap or free and then paying out for a better attacking mid player. Just a thought mind.

cheers, but make the most of it as i'm much more of an NSNO man these days, i've just got very little today at work.

as for vaughany, you're right but there's a big question mark next to his fitness...injury prone? i don't want us to sign fletcher as a priority if we sell AJ, i could settle for ebanks-blake, wouldn't feel 'let down' so much if we got an actual replacement. milito doesn't qualify for me.

I would let AJ go he hasn't cut the mustard like the yak does and I think work rate is nothing if he doesn't score goals. If we are resigned to playing one upfront I would be happy with going with the 3 we have yak JV and Vic and get a back up in on loan. I would then spend the money on 3 midfielders who would improve the first team. I think manny a DM and an attacking mid would be good.

you're right AJ hasn't since his first 10 games or so, but vaughan (injured constantly), vic (shit) and a loanee unlikely to be brilliant then there's not much else. if we sell we need to buy IMO, and that means priority should be a like for like replacement and use and excess cash to then look at other areas. but then how much money do we have, will this be our lot? if so we're pretty much fucked either way.

I think Vaughan and Anichebe need games they are now old enough to be used for a whole season. Mann/peanuts and Arteta were all loaned until we made them perm so i think we need to be looking at it that way. I can't believe everyone expects us to go out and bung 15 mil at a player. Bentley is not worth 17 mil and I would not risk our whole transfer budget on someone who has no loyalty and would be looking for the next best thing

why not? he's not that great and he isn't really what we need IMO, he's a back-up for the yak, but we'll miss AJs pace i feel if we don't replace liek for like. as for darren fletcher - shite.

Fletcher, who has made 172 appearances at Old Trafford since making his début in a Champions League tie against Basel in March 2003

He sounds shite!!!

Fletcher, who has made 172 appearances at Old Trafford since making his début in a Champions League tie against Basel in March 2003

He sounds shite!!!

Kleberson also played for Manure, does that make him amazing too? Because I seem to remember he was, infact, bollocks.

Kleberson also played for Manure, does that make him amazing too? Because I seem to remember he was, infact, bollocks.

That's why he was off-loaded after a handful of appearances. 172 is 30 odd a season over the past 5 seasons - that for a team who have regularly been winning silverware in ths time doesn't suggest he's a shite player!

fletcher is far from shite and far from great, to compare him to Kleberson is way of the mark. You need to compare him to someone else who has played 170 odd games for united in the last 5 seasons, you wont find one shite player there. Alex Ferguson wants to keep him, surely that speaks volumes about him as as a player and attitude wise. He may not set the world alight but he would be a decent addition to the squad

He sounds shite!!!

as mark pointed out, what a useless stupid response. maybe i should have elborated to say he's shit on the pitch, or wouldn't that make a difference?

basing ability on appearances, 'tard.

Edited by CraccerC

as mark pointed out, what a useless stupid response. maybe i should have elborated to say he's shit on the pitch, or wouldn't that make a difference?

basing ability on appearances, 'tard.

Read the next response before hopping in with your 'tard - 'nt. If he's that shit on the pitch why would ferguson want to keep him? Just coz he's not some fancy named african labelled the next essien etc... people don't want to sign him - he's a proven premiership player and a player who would stregthen our first team.

Read the next response before hopping in with your 'tard - 'nt. If he's that shit on the pitch why would ferguson want to keep him? Just coz he's not some fancy named african labelled the next essien etc... people don't want to sign him - he's a proven premiership player and a player who would stregthen our first team.

I don't care if he's from Africa, Spain or Uzbekistan, he's just not that good.

I don't care if he's from Africa, Spain or Uzbekistan, he's just not that good.

He must be good though - Moyes 'wants' him and Ferguson wants to keep him - they're Premiership football managers - surely they have a better idea than us (you would think anyway!)

maybe he's mates with ferguson. he's versatile and he was better than what they had a few seasons ago in terms of a bench player. now they have a lot of talent and he doesn't play as much. phil neville notched up plenty of appearances and champions league medal, is he a great player? no he's poor at best, good captain poor footballer. fletcher is a step up, but we want/need more than that. look at spurs signing dos santos (very highly regarded prospect) and then luka modric (very highly regarded now and one of the stars of euros). they're looking after their present and future, or atleast trying. i know we don't have as much money as them, but that's not the point, the point is if we want to continue challenging fletcher and the likes aren't good enough.

djemba-djemba and the aforementioned kleberson...are they good players too just because they played for man u?

Edited by CraccerC

maybe he's mates with ferguson. he's versatile and he was better than what they had a few seasons ago in terms of a bench player. now they have a lot of talent and he doesn't play as much. phil neville notched up plenty of appearances and champions league medal, is he a great player? no he's poor at best, good captain poor footballer. fletcher is a step up, but we want/need more than that. look at spurs signing dos santos (very highly regarded prospect) and then luka modric (very highly regarded now and one of the stars of euros). they're looking after their present and future, or atleast trying. i know we don't have as much money as them, but that's not the point, the point is if we want to continue challenging fletcher and the likes aren't good enough.

djemba-djemba and the aforementioned kleberson...are they good players too just because they played for man u?

Neither played more than a handful of times for man.ure - they were signing from abroad - gambles. There is no guarentee dos santos or modric will be good signings for spurs - they've never played in the prem. Fletcher however is a proven and established premiership player - who has always done a good job for man.ure and scored a couple of important goals along the way - he'd add height into our midfield - something I feel moyes is looking for. As for nev - he's done a fantastic job for us and I believe he will continue to do so (hopefully at right-back) - he's obviously not a poor football player - how's he achieved what he has achieved by being a poor football player!!!

The thing with Fletcher is that he would only be good enough to be a squad player for us, but he wouldn't leave a bench warming role for another bench warming role with us so it will concern me if he does come here because it'll mean Moyes has told him he's a starter, and no matter what you say he's not better than any of our current midfielders.

not better than our current midfielders? how many central midfielders do we actually have? osman, cahill sort of, and erm, thats about it.

fletcher is a good player, hes not a world beater but hes a hell of a lot better than most midfielders in the prem. as with c1982, you dont get into one of fergies teams 170 times without having something about you. i dont see a problem with milito either, if he came in second highest scorer in la liga to RVN thats not bad going from a team that got relegated. and i'll happily say bye bye to aj for £10m. thanks for the memories