IGNORED

Aj Is Off!

Neither played more than a handful of times for man.ure - they were signing from abroad - gambles. There is no guarentee dos santos or modric will be good signings for spurs - they've never played in the prem. Fletcher however is a proven and established premiership player - who has always done a good job for man.ure and scored a couple of important goals along the way - he'd add height into our midfield - something I feel moyes is looking for. As for nev - he's done a fantastic job for us and I believe he will continue to do so (hopefully at right-back) - he's obviously not a poor football player - how's he achieved what he has achieved by being a poor football player!!!

oh so now it's how much they play? fuck me that pascal cygan was good weren't he, and massimo taibi was awesome, how about veron?

phil neville achieved everything and even more than fletcher (i think) he's still shit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed that the Fletcher deal hangs on us having to sell Andrew Johnson to get some capital.

Fletcher may be a capable midfielder at best, and someone i would been happy to see brought in as midfield cover in the January window when AJ was pulling his tripes out for a weak as shit midfield who could'nt play a decent ball to him, and a hoof it up to the corner flag defence.

Johnson, if he goes to another club will probably get 20 plus goals next season if he gets the right service.

IMO we should hold onto him and see how he performs with Fletcher, Fernandes, and a full Midfield to choose from, and not just Carsley and Neville.

oh so now it's how much they play? fuck me that pascal cygan was good weren't he, and massimo taibi was awesome, how about veron?

phil neville achieved everything and even more than fletcher (i think) he's still shit.

Again you're giving examples of players who only made a handful of appearances for man.ure and you've popped an arsenal example in (unless your fantastic knowledge had him down as a man.ure player?) As for neville, he's obviously not shit - capped 50 odd time for his country, regular part of a very successful man.ure side and a virtual ever present in a top-5 premiership side - absoloutely shit!!! - is your name CraccerC or KakaC - if it's the latter then you have the right to call these players shit.

its craccer, any literate person would see that. he's capped because he played for united, fact. he's still an awful footballer at this level. and i just named a few players who had played for top sides i could name plenty more that played and were still shit. fletcher isn't a good footballer, he's average at best, he'd be better suited to a sunderland or a boro, not a team challenging the top 4 (or atleast supposedly).how can you even contemplate going from arshavin and aimar to darren fucking fletcher.

Edited by CraccerC

its craccer, any literate person would see that. he's capped because he played for united, fact. he's still an awful footballer at this level. and i just named a few players who had played for top sides i could name plenty more that played and were still shit. fletcher isn't a good footballer, he's average at best, he'd be better suited to a sunderland or a boro, not a team challenging the top 4 (or atleast supposedly).how can you even contemplate going from arshavin and aimar to darren fucking fletcher.

At the end of the day fletcher is just a link like aimar and arshavin - is there any truth in any of these - I'd love arshavin (very unrealistic), aimar (does this link have any substance), fletcher seems a realistic target and would be a good signing. People get carried away with these unrealistic signings who are 'linked' and that's it - paper talk. Moyes will have realistic targets in mind who he will sign to take everton to the next stage and if darren fletcher is one of these i'll be delighted if we can beat boro/sunderland to his signature. That shit player neville has helped us get to where we are now. And moyes will have in mind other targets who will improve Everton.F.C.

not better than our current midfielders? how many central midfielders do we actually have? osman, cahill sort of, and erm, thats about it.

fletcher is a good player, hes not a world beater but hes a hell of a lot better than most midfielders in the prem. as with c1982, you dont get into one of fergies teams 170 times without having something about you. i dont see a problem with milito either, if he came in second highest scorer in la liga to RVN thats not bad going from a team that got relegated. and i'll happily say bye bye to aj for £10m. thanks for the memories

yup, 100% agree. I'm not a major Fletcher fan, but then again I've also probably been comparing him to the rest of the Utd team so whereas Fletcher may not be the best player in the their team, he'd probably be a decent player in ours and as c1982 said, 170 odd games in 5 seasons for Utd must count for something, no matter how some try to dismiss it. The difference between Flecther and Neville is that Fletcher is in his prime. I wouldn't exactly crack open the champagne if we bought him, but he'd do a job. The bottom line is Moyes deserves our trust, if he thinks he's good enough that's enough for me. He'll contribute more than AJ anyway.

If Fletcher could walk into our squad in August then we have seriously fucked up in the transfer market. I wouldn't mind him on the bench but the idea of him walking into the squad scares me alot.

I think if Peanut or Arteta was more of an offensive threat than Fletcher would be a decent fit. That being said, I think he would just be depth.

At the end of the day fletcher is just a link like aimar and arshavin - is there any truth in any of these - I'd love arshavin (very unrealistic), aimar (does this link have any substance), fletcher seems a realistic target and would be a good signing. People get carried away with these unrealistic signings who are 'linked' and that's it - paper talk. Moyes will have realistic targets in mind who he will sign to take everton to the next stage and if darren fletcher is one of these i'll be delighted if we can beat boro/sunderland to his signature. That shit player neville has helped us get to where we are now. And moyes will have in mind other targets who will improve Everton.F.C.

:) good to see a fellow level headed everton fan! Oh and one that doesn't need to resort to insults & abusive language to explain their point ;) I think Fletcher will be a good addition and would have played half of last season seen as though Cahill was injured and then Arteta had an injury. I can see him playing his part this next season too...

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

level headed, if your lying on the ground then yes perhaps. i still don't understand this at all, how fletcher is viewed as a good signing, he's no better than pip was there. arshavin WASN'T unrealistic until the board (apparently) fucked it up, and just because of their incompetence (like with the kit, the stadium and just about everything else that's everton) instead of atoning for this, they lower and look to settle for 2nd, 3rd, or what is fletcher 30th best? whatever happened to nil satis nisi optimum? whatever happened to everton being a big club? whatever happened to everton targeting quality signings and pushing on to challenge the top 4? something needs to change sooner rather than later.

Edited by CraccerC

Thing is Craccer, no-one knows how much funding DM has tp play with........

We all agree (I think) that the squad is desperately short on numbers and that we need an absolute minimum of 4/5 new faces just to give DM options. Now I would be over the moon if we could sign some of the bigger names we have been linked with but in all reality I can't see one materialising.

The reality is that we (as in the board and club) are skint. We have no real assets to speak of except the players, GP (Mortgaged to the hilt) and Bellefield, everything else has long gone. Now given that there appears to be a recession in progress, and the recent news that some of Britains bgiggest house building companies are laying off staff, the latter two are becoming worth even less day by day.

Unless Bill & co decide to call it a day and find a proper (rich) investor to take over, then the likes of Darren Fletcher are going to remain the more likely recruits.

i'm well aware of that, and that's the problem. i don't think he has much money (if any at the moment). that's still no excuse though, it is to an extent on his part but the club needs to show more ambition and get its priorities in order and get some serious investment in. because the fact remains if we want to progress or at least keep qualifying for europe we need to do better and spend. that's football these days, we can't expect moyes to pick up 2 million gems year on year, it's not possible.

i'm well aware of that, and that's the problem. i don't think he has much money (if any at the moment). that's still no excuse though, it is to an extent on his part but the club needs to show more ambition and get its priorities in order and get some serious investment in. because the fact remains if we want to progress or at least keep qualifying for europe we need to do better and spend. that's football these days, we can't expect moyes to pick up 2 million gems year on year, it's not possible.

Funnily enough, as a very successful businessman himself I'm sure Bill Kenwright has some sense of business acumen - yet you'd think he was some mindless buffoon if you read some of the posts on this forum - so I'm sure he's aware of a need for investment. Have you ever considered the possibility that there isn't really anyone out there at the moment who wants to pump a substantial amount into Everton (due to the stadium issues, debt, operating to maximum capacity on the pitch etc)? The club have shown plenty of ambition (plans for new stadium, record signings, excellent manager, young improving team) but they operate in the real world, not the fantasy one where we can buy superstars and Russian billionaires see us as a potential goldmine.

i have, but i'm very sure there are people out there, randy lerner was one for example. fact is kenwright doesn't want to sell. he is a successful businessman there's no denying that but he's successful through acting, which is basically his job as everton chairman. as an evertonian (which of course has its positives) is his judgement led by emotion rather than business? until bully puts a bit of pressure on him and sells him some great ideas. and have they sold ambition, i mean really? plans for a shit stadium in kirkby which may well not even happen, if it doesn't there will be a few people within the club that more than likely will no longer want anything to do with it. then there's the record signings, where did they come from? loans, BK borrowing from anyone willing to give him money, which doesn't show ambition really it just shows to any potential buyer, oh yeh you've got this debt to pay too, which has considerably grown of late. excellent manager - granted that he is, but for how long, why won't he sign a new contract and how long before the lack of support he has is too much for him? i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't shortly, not signed a new deal yet has he? and your final point, about the improving team, i accept that point gladly as that's a fair point, we have some good youth, there's no denying that, but we are somewhat dependent on these kids fulfilling their potential at the moment, as half of them will be on our bench next year!!!

level headed, if your lying on the ground then yes perhaps. i still don't understand this at all, how fletcher is viewed as a good signing, he's no better than pip was there. arshavin WASN'T unrealistic until the board (apparently) fucked it up, and just because of their incompetence (like with the kit, the stadium and just about everything else that's everton) instead of atoning for this, they lower and look to settle for 2nd, 3rd, or what is fletcher 30th best? whatever happened to nil satis nisi optimum? whatever happened to everton being a big club? whatever happened to everton targeting quality signings and pushing on to challenge the top 4? something needs to change sooner rather than later.

you cant blame the board for anythin to do with arshavin mate, DM or the club have never publically said they were trying to buy him. we have no idea if moyes even asked them to try for them to be able to fuck it up. the board would not have singled out fletcher, thats moyes job. i am by no means a fan of the board, but dont blame them for moyes decisions.

I'm with Craccer here, there are people out there who ARE willing to invest in Premier League teams, it's a question of 1) selling the club to them and 2) The current custodians being willing to sell.

What did people see in Man City, West Ham, Villa, Chelsea? All clubs with rival teams in their cities, or even those that don't, Pompey, Sunderland? I have purposely left out the rest of the Sky 4 as they are a different proposition with their global marketing.

Most of these clubs were approached by the investor first and who is to say that Bill & co haven't been approached too? I find it hard to believe that they haven't when shit teams like Pompey can attract first one, then an even richer one, with their piss poor ground in a poor area of Portsmouth!

Edited by iggy

Funnily enough, as a very successful businessman himself I'm sure Bill Kenwright has some sense of business acumen - yet you'd think he was some mindless buffoon if you read some of the posts on this forum - so I'm sure he's aware of a need for investment.

BK is no more a businessman than shane ward or loenna lewis. he is a play writer, director and producer, even an actor one day a long time ago. but he is not a businessman, nor has he ran a business.

just wanted to point that out.

BK is no more a businessman than shane ward or loenna lewis. he is a play writer, director and producer, even an actor one day a long time ago. but he is not a businessman, nor has he ran a business.

Actually he's first and formost a producer, he hasn't acted for forty odd years and as far as I know has never written or directed...if he has it's very much a secondary role.

A theatrical producer is responsible for (among other things) raising the neccessary finance for the production.

He currently has seven shows on in the West End and three on national tours so I'd have thought he has a bit of knowledge in the business of raising money :) .

just wanted to point that out.

Stage shows are a business, movies are a business, football is a business otherwise how would he make any money - it may not be stocks and shares but he still needs to be able to spot a show that is going to make money, if it was so easy then we'd all be doing it. Comparing him to Shane Ward or Leona is ridiculous, he isn't the performer, he's the producer so comparing him to Simon Cowell would be fairer. He didn't make his money Craccer from acting (his acting career was unsuccessful) but from his stage shows.

Iggy - Randy Lerner bought Villa as they are the main club in the city and Birmingham has an absolutely huge catchment area (meaning it has potential to have a massive fanbase - whereas Everton has limited potential for growth) the same is true for Man City who also have a brand new shiny stadium. London clubs are always well fancied as the land is worth a fortune. Until the stadium issue is sorted out I just cannot see us being an attractive proposition to a buyer unless he is an Everton fan. I would think that it's not a case of actively looking for investment that got City, Chelsea, Portsmouth their buy outs, but the investors came looking for the club to buy - examining financial records, looking at catchment area - potential for growth. Obviously no one has come to Everton with the right offer. That would be my assumption.

At the end of the day Kenwright has made more money than any of us and he made it himself, plus he's the man who appointed Moyes and we have gone from strength to strength on the pitch in recent years, in my opinion he deserves some respect and faith, he's earned it. When has Moyes let us down recently? He's a brilliant manager so why not wait and see who we buy, if we don't get anyone in the transfer window then have a go, criticise, but everyone just seems to automatically think the worst when in reality Moyes has always done his best. DAMN IT :)

Edited by carlmc25

it can go down like a lead balloon all day, im not here to win popularity contests or to win post of the day.

he may have raised funds for productions, he has also hired a man who has raised debts, sold assets and increased loss year on year.

good business acumen, im sure.

you cant blame the board for anythin to do with arshavin mate, DM or the club have never publically said they were trying to buy him. we have no idea if moyes even asked them to try for them to be able to fuck it up. the board would not have singled out fletcher, thats moyes job. i am by no means a fan of the board, but dont blame them for moyes decisions.

i wouldn't normally but there are a lot of places linking us and some very strong suggestions that moyes wasn't happy with the board for not providing the fund. arshavin even mentioned the possibility of coming to us in january. wouldn't just make that up would he. this maybe isn't the best example in the world but there's many to choose from, but i personally believe that moyes hasn't been given the funds and arshavin was, as rumours suggest, his top target. there's also a very strong suggestion that the reason he hasn't the funds is due to the stadium saga...priorities.

totally with you stevO and something i mentioned somewhere earlier about the sales of assets. the club are probably less attractive to buy than 5 years ago.

if BK is the true evertonian he says he is he needs to SERIOUSLY investigate investment and possibly sell. it's good having an evertonian at the top, but it's not good having a poor (in modern football sense) evertonian at the top. there are rumours suggesting that he's seriously bricking it at the moment because we're truely skint. hence darren fletcher, who i'm hearing has agreed to sign....don't quote me on that though, it's nothing concrete.

Edited by CraccerC

darren fletcher, who i'm hearing has agreed to sign....don't quote me on that though, it's nothing concrete.

heard in a few places, fletcher deal is off. but again don't quote me

Finger on the pulse there Craccer :lol::lol: .

Exclusive...Fletcher either is or isn't signing. Love it :P .

According to the Post...

David Moyes will not sanction the sale of Johnson until a new striker has been identified, with Real Zaragoza’s Argentina international Diego Milito still the Goodison manager’s preferred choice

...makes sense :) .