IGNORED

Question To Y'all?

drs08

Are we actually going to sign anyone this window??? Jeezo We really do make it increasingly more frustrating EVERY fooking season!!!

Watching Spurs, Portsmouth & even fooking Fulham, etc... I'm actually getting quite worried about our transfer activity or lack of it AKA Lack of determination from AS EVER the board!!

What D'yas Think???

Edited by drs08

Yes I'm getting concerned. It's less than a month until the start of the season and the only real rumours are about our players leaving, we have a pitifully small squad and our manager still hasn't signed a new contract (although, hopefully that should be sorted soon).

I suppose we've just got to hope the decision on the stadium is sorted soon because whatever the club are saying it does look like our transfer kitty (if you could call that being so small compared to other clubs) is intrisically linked to what happens with the stadium.

I think this is a useless and unnecessary topic and i'm going to close it, so it will fast disappear into obscurity.

Maybe i should explain why, This post could have gone in any of the Rumourama threads and people would have responded, i dont see how this question warrants a topic of its own, and its only going to spread doom and gloom.

There is 6 weeks to go before the window closes so lets all have a bit of patience, the time to start with the doom and gloom is if we havent signed anybody when the window closes.

I think this is a useless and unnecessary topic and i'm going to close it, so it will fast disappear into obscurity.

Maybe i should explain why, This post could have gone in any of the Rumourama threads and people would have responded, i dont see how this question warrants a topic of its own, and its only going to spread doom and gloom.

There is 6 weeks to go before the window closes so lets all have a bit of patience, the time to start with the doom and gloom is if we havent signed anybody when the window closes.

After asking other members of the admin team for their thoughts on the action i took, their feelings were divided on wether i was right or wrong. I'm left with the feeling that maybe i went a bit over the top. In which case i offer my apologies to drs08 and re-open his topic.

I will delete the other thread because it was just going to deteriate into a slanging match. Hope thats ok with all concerned.

I appreciate the opportunity to add a reply to this thread, and i thank you for reopening it.

My reply is:

I am not down hearted or filled with gloom. While I (like many others) would dearly love to see some activity in the transfer window, I accept the fact that David Moyes knows what he is doing better than I do. If it were not so then I would be manager of our great club.

To just buy someone for the saqke of it is not right. Even a good player may not be suitable for Everton due to the fact that we may already have better players in that position. Or due to the fact that silly money is being asked.

It would be wonderful if we were being linked to Ronaldo or Berbatov or whatever, but we need to be honest with ourselves. Everton can not afford to enter the hunt for really great well known players.

I am sure Moyes has his eyes on more than a few players and he will dismiss them if they are not good enough or too expensive.

His transfer dealings are a lot better than many other managers, so in my own humble opinion, just let him get on with it and see what happens. If he doesn't buy then he has decided not to. AND he knows what he is doing.

If he doesn't buy then he has decided not to. AND he knows what he is doing.

That I can't agree with. If he doesn't buy then it's a lot more likely it's because the money isn't there to buy anyone. Only a fool would CHOOSE not to buy when our "squad" is the way it is currently. Moyes said at the end of the season he wanted to add to the team, quite rightly, so I see no reason why he'd all of a sudden decide an even smaller "squad" than last season can cope with a season.

Oh yes I do not disagree with you there. My point is that he will not try to sign someone he can not afford.

If he signs anyone it will be for the betterment of the squad, not just to increase numbers in it. Anyone can go out and buy a player. But it is not always possible to go out and buy a suitable player. If a suitable player is unavailable or too pricey then as much as I would like to see them at Goodison, I aplaud the fact that Moyes knows when not to buy.

Would you like them to splash out £25 million for Berbatov (for example) and then find we are so short of cash we have to virtually sell the rest of the squad to clear the debt? Everton are not a wealthy club in comparison to many. All buying has to be done carefully.

My point is that David Moyes knows how to manage this side of things far better than we do. If he can buy he will.

• 4 weeks later...

Licker appreciate I appreciate the apology; I understand what you were originally saying & fair enough!

As said I wasn't trying to spread doom & gloom but I for one am now seriously concerned by our inactivity in this summer transfer market, and now considering the season is only 3 days away & we have STILL not signed ANYONE this for me is a very worrying situation which I am not going to harp on about because its well catalogued but I am honestly seriously concerned for out outcome this season. All this after finishing 5th in (allegedly) THE hardest league in the World and for us not to build on that or should I say for us not being able to get some decent investment in based on 2 top 5 finishes in 3 years is a very grave concern to me.

FYI Bill Kenwright ::: Please sort this out because our beautiful club is fast becoming a laughing stock & to say this is unfair on every Everton loving supporter is a serious understatement!!!