IGNORED

Squad Number Changes

I think the change of shirt also shows the intentions of spud, like yak taking number 22 because thats how many goals he was going to score, spud has taken number 10 becasue that is how many corners he will attempt to beat the first man with, unfortunatly he couldn't make the 6 he promised last year but he is quietly confident he can make at least 10 this year

Guest blueboy122

i agree with barry. why the fuck is howard number 27? he has been our number one (not number tho!) for the past 2 season soo why is he waering number 27?

whats happened to the best 11 been given the 1-11 shirts non of this pick a number bollocks!

1howard

2hibbert

4yobo

5lescott

3baines

etc...

I for one still like the traditional numbering. 9 and 10 should be for he forwards and no one else IMO and Howard is our No.1 so why No.24??? I don't get it :angry:

im not so much that 10 has to be a striker, as long as its an attacking player.

howard is 24 because his sporting hero, a baseball player i think, plays in 24

im not so much that 10 has to be a striker, as long as its an attacking player.

Agreed...if you go back to the dark ages when I was playing as a kid 10 was "inside left," which involved (in the classic W formation) a role with more midfield than striking duties. The wingers (7 & 11) and, obviously, center forward (er...9) were the out-and-out attacking players.

But 8 & 10 were certainly attacking midfielders.

Was always a number 7 personally....though my "wing" hero was Johnny Morrissey. Only ever played left wing once....my left foot was useful only for standing on :) .

Agreed...if you go back to the dark ages when I was playing as a kid 10 was "inside left," which involved (in the classic W formation)

Sorry Mike but when I was kid it was always 4-4-2 and I was the tall number 10 a kind of Bret Angel figure with half the talent :lol: I will start a campaign this isn't America next a goal will be worth 5 points and 10 if scored outside the area. Maybe I'm taking it to far...........

Sorry Mike but when I was kid it was always 4-4-2 and I was the tall number 10 a kind of Bret Angel figure with half the talent :lol: I will start a campaign this isn't America next a goal will be worth 5 points and 10 if scored outside the area. Maybe I'm taking it to far...........

is that even possible?