IGNORED

5-4-1 On The Cards?

Hey everyone,

In advance, this isn't a doom and gloom and post. Just seeing what everyone's take would be.

Assuming a healthy Baines, is the 5-4-1 our best option?

5 defenders would solve our potential CB problem. Yobo, Jags, and Lescott would all be on the field.

5 defenders would allow Lescott and Baines to push forward a lot more.

We are short at midfield for a 4-5-1. We are a lot more equipped for a 5-4-1 (5-3-2) in terms of our depth.

Even with Fernandes and Moutinho, I still think given our depth we'd be decent.

Thoughts? Below is a sample lineup. Just trying to give us something productive to talk about besides the sky is falling :D

-----------------Yakubu------------------

------------------Cahill-------------------

---Pienaar------Osman--------Arteta---

Baines--Lescott--Jags--Yobo---Neville

-----------------Howard-----------------

Baines did look pretty good going forward and Yobo, Lescott and Jagielka would be hard to break down!

Pienaar,Osman and Arteta are probably all better when they have the ball and are going forward, meaning a strong opponents midfield could probably cause that team quite a few problems.

Why not try that formation!.....Pick a squad that on it's day can change it around a bit.

Cahill isn't going to be fit for the start of the season, I'd like to see Vaughan playing in the Cahill role for a couple of games.

I'd also give Hibbert another chance to prove his worth at right back. Carrigher was very average for a few seasons, then he improved......if he(Hibbert) is fully fit, this will be a big season for him, who knows he could turn it around.

Guest blueboy122

i agree our defence would be very solid but i think the midfeild would leave us to vunrable i think we would just be over ran in that part of the feild and it would give the opposition's midfeilders to get forward alot more than they usually would.

i think were gonna play

------------Howard--------------

-Jags--Yobo--Lescott--Baines-

------------M'Bia----------------

Arteta----Moutinho-----Pienaar

------------Cahill----------------

----------Yak or Bent-----------

Yep we will definately be playing players we have been tentatively linked to.

i think were gonna play

------------Howard--------------

-Jags--Yobo--Lescott--Baines-

------------M'Bia----------------

Arteta----Moutinho-----Pienaar

------------Cahill----------------

----------Yak or Bent-----------

id love that team but trust me mate if we sign all them players and play that team I will personally send you £100

As well as not probably signing some of those players there is no chance that Neville won't be in the squad. Moyes will not leave out his captain

I agree with Jamie there is no way Moyes will leave him out. Doesn't mean I agree with it though! As long as he's not in midfield.........Can he captain from the bench???? :P