IGNORED

Is Aj Being Deliberately Unsettled?

Louis

AJ travelled with the team to Preston for the friendly and left before kick off for unknown reasons, Gwlad Tidings blog suggests it was because he told Moyes he was not in the right frame of mind to be playing (having read that Fulham had a bid accepted and no one had told him).

There were many reports earlier in the week that Fulham made a 10.5million bid only for Keith Wyness to say it's not true and no bid had been made. However, the Echo wouldn't have had a full back page article on it if it wasn't from a credible source in the first place.

It seems that AJ is being made out to be a fall guy in some quarters.

http://gwladtidings.merseyblogs.co.uk/2008..._doesnt_he.html

I didn't suggest that Moyes is forcing him out, Moyes has said he wants him to stay and asked the chairman to make a public statement saying he was part of the plans. AJ was quoted earlier this week as saying he is happy at Everton.

It doesn't make sense why 12 journalists ran with the story without a credible source.

I didn't suggest that Moyes is forcing him out, Moyes has said he wants him to stay and asked the chairman to make a public statement saying he was part of the plans. AJ was quoted earlier this week as saying he is happy at Everton.

It doesn't make sense why 12 journalists ran with the story without a credible source.

Some reports suggested AJ left of his own accord the other night because he didn't want to play which left Moyes furious. Most reports seem to be saying that AJ wants to go, plus the Echo has reiterated today that even though Wyness has stated that Fulham have not made an offer that in actual fact they have and it has been accepted.

i have it on good authority (from AJs dad) that he is happy here,but he is being offered about as he is the most salable player we have, without causing massive trouble to the team. the only other players who could fetch that kind of money are cahill, arteta, lescott and yak, and they would never be able to get away with selling them. AJ is only unsettled as he feels he is being pushed, he doesnt want to leave the north west as he is happy in his home and his family are very settled, but he does not fancy a step down to wigan.

i have it on good authority (from AJs dad) that he is happy here,but he is being offered about as he is the most salable player we have, without causing massive trouble to the team. the only other players who could fetch that kind of money are cahill, arteta, lescott and yak, and they would never be able to get away with selling them. AJ is only unsettled as he feels he is being pushed, he doesnt want to leave the north west as he is happy in his home and his family are very settled, but he does not fancy a step down to wigan.

to be honest I think that's fair enough. He is a saleable asset and unlike the other names mentioned he is expendable. I don't think it's so much a case of 'getting away with it' as AJ's dad tries to spin it, more that AJ is the only one of those names who isn't crucial to our team and doesn't play regularly. As I've said all along, Everton are not at a level where we can afford to have £10m worth of player sitting on the bench. I don't feel sorry for the guy, he's been paid wads of cash and he simply hasn't done the job so if Moyes decides he wants to ship him out then that's life, he's only been here a couple of seasons and he has tons of cash so I'm sure he'll be able to settle somewhere else easily enough!

Interesting....sitting precariously on the fence on this one myself.

Can see both points of view.....shame AJ's such a nice bloke, if he was a git I'd be quite happy to get rid.

Ideally I'd like to see him stay and score 20+ this season, not looking likely though.

carl - wasnt a word for word quote. AJs dad didtn use "getting away with it" that was my way of putting it. he just feels there would be more upraor if this was another player.

as others have said, really nice bloke AJ, but football isnt about being nice, everybody has their price i guess.

carl - wasnt a word for word quote. AJs dad didtn use "getting away with it" that was my way of putting it. he just feels there would be more upraor if this was another player.

as others have said, really nice bloke AJ, but football isnt about being nice, everybody has their price i guess.

that's probably accurate, but I think that just goes to show that AJ is not really needed here. If someone came in with a big bid for Lescott (£12m+) I think we should consider it too, especially as we have Jags/Yobo/Baines who are all excellent players to play anyway, but that may send out the wrong signal I suppose, that we're a selling club. If we are selling AJ because we NEED to, then it's a sad state of affairs, if we're selling him because he hasn't done the business and £10m represents excellent value then I think that's a good deal for the club - as long as it's invested and quick, time really is running out now to bring in some players and bed them in.

I think its a sorry state of affairs when we are having to sell off players to raise money still. I like Kenwright, but if he can't provide the financial muscle he should stand aside because I'm sick of Everton being a laughing stock.

We have built some solid foundations under Moyes and we haven 't even got him signed up to a contract yet. If we only sign an adequate replacement for Carsley I will be happy.

As for Johnson, he is a good player that we don't need to sell if we want to be challenging. Anichebe is not a prolific goalscorer, maybe Vaughan could be if he stayed clear from injury, who else is left after that? More kids? We don't need to sell, we need to buy if we want to compete against the top four and stay ahead of the rest.

If we are selling AJ because we NEED to, then it's a sad state of affairs, if we're selling him because he hasn't done the business and £10m represents excellent value then I think that's a good deal for the club - as long as it's invested and quick, time really is running out now to bring in some players and bed them in.

Agree with all of that 100%.

Although, I do suspect we're selling AJ because we need to. If we'd been making signings then I wouldn't think that at all, but the fact we've done absolutely nothing suggests we don't have much (if anything) to spend this summer and we're waiting on AJ leaving. I'd have no problem with us selling to buy if we'd made a few signings and we were looking for that extra signing but didn't quite have the funds, but that's not the case atm unfortunately :( .

Please show us you know what you're doing Everton, surprise me.