IGNORED

The Worst Preparation Possible

Surely starting our pre-season 3 players lighter than the end of the last without any conicrete movements in the market is not the best prep for pushing on this season. Everyoine keeps saying the market is slow and no other clubs are buying but the clubs around us have all been bringing in players to boost there squad not just to replace people that are leaving.

Villa have bought sidwell and friedel and tried hard to get bentley.

Totenham have bought Dos snatos and modric

Pompey have bought two international stikers (Iinclude defoe) and looking like getting wright phillips

Man city have bought a new 18 mil stiker and tried for ronny.

Even boro Hull Wigan SUnderland have all do some sort of business but we are just sitting around and the only real speculation is the second best stiker (AJ) is leaving. If we get in new players now they won't have a chance of bedding in.

I honestly don't believe this ius moyes fault so where has all the money from last season gone.

I'm sure there is a lot like you who are thinking along the same lines, BUT there is 3weeks before the season starts and 5 weeks left in the transfer window so stop bloody worrying.

The time to moan is when the window has closed, until then you'll have to show a bit of patience.

Although i understand people asking for patience etc, the original poster is correct in saying its poor preperation, surely having the players on board now is a major boost. Just look at the pre-season games thus far, the squad is nothing what the 1st team will be come Blackburn, well hopefully not, so we would have benifited by having new faces in by now. I have to admit, normally i'm not one for conspiracies, but i do believe alot hinges on this Kirkby deal, despite Ian Ross and Everton rubbishing rumours. I think we all could do with a morale boost pretty soon.

yep agree with licker on this one

if you look at last summers signings, baines came in on the 7/8 and yak was signed on the 28/8

no need to panic. we tend to always make late summer signings as a club and it works out fine.

when we get back from the states, im sure a few players will come in through the door. just because moyes is away, doesnt mean that there are not agents working behind the scenes on securing his transfer targets. does anyone honestly believe moyes hasnt been chasing players?

im more excited about seeing more of baxter, gosling and rodwell in up and coming seasons more than who we are going to sign!

I am finding this whole process very frustrating. I know that we will sign someone before the season starts, but it would have been better to get someone in earlier to let them gel with the team, especially if we need an anchor type player for the middle, who needs to be able to read the play of the rest of the team.

We are now missing out on players and chasing after players who are arguablly out of our reach. Can we really afford to spend 18m-20m on a player such a Moutinho? It looks like we could also have missed out on Manny, after reports from Spain have been saying how he is impressing his new coach and has returned with a rejuvinated outlook and work ethic. It seems that Moyes has done good work with the lad, but we have failed to capatalise on that work.

Sure we will get a few signings, but they won't have time to gel with the team, can we really afford to possibly drop points at the begining of the season while new players begin to gel in with the new sqaud.

also i thought id add

villa - sidwell is a poor player and most people didnt want him at everton. so they are welcome to sign him. barry could be off

spurs - dos santos is vastly over rated. they are also due to lose keane and berba

pompey - swp is pure papertalk at the moment. lost muntari and sol campbell is another year older and another yard slower

man city - only signed one player and didnt sign ronaldinho. they have alot of work to do

hull/sunderland - buying awful players, good luck to them

id rather have no signings than some of the players being picked up by other premiership clubs. fact is that newcastle/villa/blackburn/man city/spurs have not improved dramitically during this pre-season.

Jags was signed and didnt play for the first couple of months, Baines was signed and still has'nt made the position his own yet.

I can see Davey sticking with his tried and trusted team from last season, any players who come in will have to wait and prove to Davey that they can do a better job. It just all depends if Cahill is fit to start the season. Can see this 11 starting.

Howard... Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lescott, ...... Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, ........ Yakubu, Vaughan. 4 - 4 - 2.

There,s nowt wrong with that team. :) I cant wait.

would be nice to have M'BIA, MOUTINHO and FERNANDES to give us some options and a bit of cover, but I'm still feeling upbeat about this coming season.

I can see what you're saying but I still think we need to be moving forward, improving positions. Someone like Yak took awhile to settle in, possibly had he had pre-season with us then he would have settled earlier.

And besides we desperatly need a holding midfielder. The team you suggested was good but the midfield lacks strength, we would be ripped apart with a Carsley like player to help break up play.

IMO we need to sort out the holding midfield player straight away, other positions we buy for would probably be back-up. But we need a holding mid. We will not be able to compete for europe without one. Fact.

also i thought id add

villa - sidwell is a poor player and most people didnt want him at everton. so they are welcome to sign him. barry could be off

spurs - dos santos is vastly over rated. they are also due to lose keane and berba

pompey - swp is pure papertalk at the moment. lost muntari and sol campbell is another year older and another yard slower

man city - only signed one player and didnt sign ronaldinho. they have alot of work to do

hull/sunderland - buying awful players, good luck to them

id rather have no signings than some of the players being picked up by other premiership clubs. fact is that newcastle/villa/blackburn/man city/spurs have not improved dramitically during this pre-season.

My only argument with that Left Peg :lol: , is, O' Squeil rates Sidwell, Spurs rate Dos Santos and they've been active, we on the other hand have not been active with any of OUR targets, its our lack of activity thats frustrating, not who or how rubbish those around have brought in, we need to step up pretty sharpish.

Howard... Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lescott, ...... Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, ........ Yakubu, Vaughan. 4 - 4 - 2.

There,s nowt wrong with that team. :) I cant wait.

would be nice to have M'BIA, MOUTINHO and FERNANDES to give us some options and a bit of cover, but I'm still feeling upbeat about this coming season.

Excellent (we'd have quite a bench :lol: ), and very true!

The only signature that's giving me any concern at all is Davey's. I'd like that to be sorted pdq but when that's done I'll be relaxed. Great point from AL's Peg about the young lads also, they're about the same age as Shrek was when he came in and with the bigger bench this year we may see one or two of them demanding a place.

The worry for me and the reason i put the post up is we are not being linked with anyone credible moutinho willbe coming for the money pure and simple. Why miss out on manny at 10 mil when he has proved he wants to be here and he can play in the prem and then spunk 18 on an unknown

The worry for me and the reason i put the post up is we are not being linked with anyone credible moutinho willbe coming for the money pure and simple. Why miss out on manny at 10 mil when he has proved he wants to be here and he can play in the prem and then spunk 18 on an unknown

Manny proved how much he wanted to be with us when he signed for us last summer! :blink:

I think new signings will happen, leaving a little late can sometimes drop the valuation. The likes of Cahill, Baines and Vaughan if fit will be like new signings as they missed so much of last season. With Baxter, Rodwell and Gosling we've got 3 young lads that can increase squad numbers and provide a some serious competition.

The core of the team is going to be pretty much the same as last year so i'm not too concerned about them missing out on these friendlies.

It would be fantasic to be able to go out and buy players at will but we're just don't have the capital to do it so i'm behind Moyes 100%, softly softly catchy shit hot players for fuck all the day before the window closes. :D