IGNORED

Keith Wyness Has Quit!

Louis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest he has been treated like shite by Everton fans for trying to move Everton football club forwards on and off the pitch.

The next club to have him will be lucky as he is good at what he does.

Forwards, are you blind? He's sold every asset the club has (except the on-field ones, and even that looks like it's begun this summer) and he's still made a loss more often than not. He's shite at his job.

be careful what you wish for....

its either smoke and mirrors whereby he plucks two great signing out the air..in the morning - or he's recieved a bullet in the post..

it could be either with everton.

personally speaking, and despite what side of the fence that you sit on re: the ground move.. off the pitch he's stablised the club no end.

johnson, finch et al do you really want to go back to that...

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest he has been treated like shite by Everton fans for trying to move Everton football club forwards on and off the pitch.

The next club to have him will be lucky as he is good at what he does.

i refer you to the case of KW at Aberdeen, He Tried to move them out of Aberdeen, it got called in, he left.

Nothing Personal, but apart from convincing someone to give us more loans last summer and this, What would you count as KW's Success?

in simple terms i just think the club was in a business sense, a mess before his arrival. i liked the fact over time, the mood and the culture of the club changed. it became slicker, it made more from its turnover. everton signicantly reduced it debt, and over the last couple of years got players periodically above its transfer record.. although i dont agree with the ground move i thought both on and off the pitch we were going in the right direction. if true, its a big problem.. in relation to the short term transfer targets and the long term future of everton football club.. i have no doubt about that.

why cant it ever be fucking simple.

in simple terms i just think the club was in a business sense, a mess before his arrival. i liked the fact over time, the mood and the culture of the club changed. it became slicker, it made more from its turnover. everton signicantly reduced it debt, and over the last couple of years got players periodically above its transfer record.. although i dont agree with the ground move i thought both on and off the pitch we were going in the right direction. if true, its a big problem.. in relation to the short term transfer targets and the long term future of everton football club.. i have no doubt about that.

We're in more debt now than we were when we were under Johnson's control.

in simple terms i just think the club was in a business sense, a mess before his arrival. i liked the fact over time, the mood and the culture of the club changed. it became slicker, it made more from its turnover. everton significantly reduced its debt, and over the last couple of years got players periodically above its transfer record.. although i dont agree with the ground move i thought both on and off the pitch we were going in the right direction. if true, its a big problem.. in relation to the short term transfer targets and the long term future of everton football club.. i have no doubt about that.

It's not as clear cut as that sadly fussybear. Each decision he made has been scrutinized by fans for one reason or another.

JJB deal doesn't do the club justice, despite being out merchandise retail partner they stock more shirts from our rivals. I've heard that part of the deal is for JJB to negotiate with a kit manufacturer and they chose Umbro because they own 10% in that company.

Turnover increased mainly down to Sky's television money coming in. Even then we only managed to turn a profit once during Wyness's tenure, the year Rooney was sold.

There's no argument about Finch Farm vs Bellefield in terms of quality but before we had built Finch Farm complex it had been sold and rented back at high rates. It cost £9.5million to build and the club have the option to buy it back in a few years time for almost double the cost.

If the rumours are true, I'd be happy to see the back of him and I believe that Robert Elstone will make the step up.

Moyes might be the next to go, tho i dont believe Wyness has gone (he,s just taking a breather). Davey can see the club is getting deeper and deeper into debt every season and i dont think they can give him enough money to match his ambitions.

The last three or four seasons has seen us break our transfer record, Beattie 6m, Johnson 8m, and Yakubu 11m, Now we are talking of 15 to 20m for one player but we have had to sell one to raise half the cash, and thats just for one player when we all know we need 3 or 4 players, will we be able to buy any more this season or will we be able to buy anyone next season and who will we have to sell to raise the cash. ??

Unfortunately i think D Moyes will not be able to take us any further, because we havent got the funds to go on any further, this could be the peak of the mountain Davey helped us to climb, but it could be all downhill from here.

This is not to spread doom and gloom, i just have a feeling that this could be a realistic scenario.

all vaild points, i guess the straw poll is somewhere in the region of 60:40 against bully. but in prinicple the finch farm move is a good one. its top class and my understanding is that the deal with KMC is favourable one for both parties. maybe the 13 million chang money over 5 years that he secured will pay for it, and a player or two as well.

nevertheless the handling of the planning permission at belfield is a twat, however it can not be the soley the fault of bully when you take in to consideration our relationship with LCC, who clearly assist liverpool fc more than the oldest club in the city. as for the debt, i kind of disagree, but in saying that whether we agree or not..its clearly managed better, the club clearly have a plan or a vision..

check out the martin samuel article about everton from a couple of months back, it says it better than i ever could.

look i'm not saying he's the answer or in fact the saviour, i'm just saying in a round about way.. he's no where as bad as many would have you believe.. if you take away the ground move and fury (and rightly so) it creates..then we'd be having a debate saying how well he's done for the club.

nevertheless the continued plight with umbro kit's maybe sum's him up, not the most fashionable fat kid on the block.

commence operation Goodison excerise -

if hes left then hes probably only about three years too late.

but this man has played a bad part in the problems i believe we may see over the next few years.

the club is finanically unstable, our season ticket sales are against loans, our players are against loans, we have at least two mortgages on Goodison and no other off field assets. EFC as a company are in a bad bad way. if anybody doesnt believe that they should take a look at the clubs financial accounts. not pleasant reading.

i hope BK can either find a buyer or find a CEO who actually doesnt have a history of causing problems.

if true, good ridance!

Not best pleased to hear this now. Can only imagine it means he's failed to pull off Kirkby. if so I have to think our transfer budget is probably minimal. I'm in no way for the move to Kirkby but I get the feeling a good deal of our on field progress was dependent on it.

BTW, there was no mention of this tonight in Chicago from the club though the pub put the announcement up on the TVs.

This is good news for me, and many others who have backed KEIOC all year. The move to Kirkby had no effect on the transfer budget, well thats what Wyness stated :rolleyes_anim: and in truth it shouldn't, when clubs are recieving huge amounts from tv revenue. Were operating at a loss, despite the 3 year plan, and his selling off assets, so Peter can pay Paul only papers over cracks. He's fed us lies throughout the Kirkby fiasco, him and his ex-employers. The wonder now is, why though?

Was going to say the same thing Magic.

When I got up this morning and saw that KW had resigned and then look on the internet and theres a bit about Moyes expecting to sign a new contract and also gives information that AJ wanted to leave Everton and he has told players that new ones will be coming in.

For me something is up. Might be the Kirby move not happening or could be something else but for me something is very fishy at the moment

Think it's kirkby. Fatpants would have hung around even to just gloat if it was going ahead, think he got wind it was being called in and jumped before he was pushed.

Time will tell, but from now on it should be about the club moving forward and not about fatpants construction company!