IGNORED

Moyes: We Are In A Poor Position On The Transfer Front

Louis

“We can’t hide the fact that we need new players. Everybody knows it. We have to get five or six players in before the season starts.”

When asked if he could see any imminent movement in the transfer market - Sporting Lisbon’s Joao Moutinho tops the wanted list - Moyes replied: “Not at the moment, no. We are in a poor, poor situation regarding going forward.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/...00252-21440841/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame it at all to be honest.

IF DM leaves can then see a few of the other players wanting to leave. Arteta has said yesterday that he wants to stay but can you see that if DM goes.

If he does go who they going to get in to replace him with no funds to spend?

Worrying times ahead maybe (like we say about this time every transfer window)

Everybody/s working themselves into a frenzy, i think it will come good before the season starts. :)

Another quote from Moyes after the game in America. ....

“We take very few positives, only Leon Osman’s performance really,” said Moyes.

Its so good to have the bread and butter players who will perform every time they pull the shirt on. Good on yer Leon.

Normally I am trying to cool Marks jets when he gets worried about lack of movement in the transfer windows, but on this score I am not a happy bunny right now. The likes of Man City, Spurs and even sunderland are all spending money like a pissed sailor on shore leave and our lack of ambition and money is a great concern to me. We need to bolster and now so any players we do bring in will have at least a couple of weeks to find their feet, the thought of tackling the EUFA Cup with our minimal squad has my blood running cold.

ATB

Mac

With each statement or soundbite coming from the club making these sorts of noises the bargaining position goes to the selling club, pushing prices up further.

Moyes has gone from 'would like' 5 or 6 new players to 'need' 5 or 6 new players, quite quickly.

Not a good sign. There's a lot of weight to the Green wanting out story, he is pissed off because his name was thrown into the fatpants leaving story by the bbc, he has only ever wanted to be in the shadows at everton, no more.

The following is a post on another forum, I've tidied it up a bit:

Keith Wyness met Philip Green sometime ago- his figures 'didn't add up' (Keith Wyness') and the meeting lasted under 10 minutes in London.

Keith Wyness told Bill Kenwright that money would be available for transfers, Philip Green and Bill Kenwright have had words about this and once the money from Keith Wyness was not likely to appear he left.

Philip Green is livid about 'certain accounting procedures' under the Keith Wyness tenure and is also livid Bill Kenwright did not tell him, his trust is dissolving rapidly.

David Moyes thought that the McFadden and AJ money was straight into the transfer budget - It wasn't. Its to cover the shortfall. So Bill Kenwright has asked Philip Green to help - and Philip Green has told him no chance as feels cheated.

We have practically zero in the way of assets and our only hope of borrowing is benefactor/mates loans- we now have no more of these and the banks won't touch us.

There's a possibility that Philip Green will take equity for monies owed but Bill Kenwright is loathe to loosen up his share.

David Moyes has given the club until Aug 31 to sort out money for transfers - both immediate and money for January window, he wants assurances this will never happen again.

FFS it's just another post from another fan.........dont fall for the doom and gloom being spread by KEIOC supporters.... they are just trying to keep their pedal on the gas... flaming the fires of a bad situation within Goodison and hoping to spread more untrust about the Everton board

Edited by DangerMouse

FFS it's just another post from another fan.........dont fall for the doom and gloom being spread by KEIOC supporters.... they are just trying to keep their pedal on the gas... flaming the fires of a bad situation within Goodison and hoping to spread more untrust about the Everton board

more untrust of the Everon board? Really at this moment in time? Surely not eh :D

Its time Mr Kenwright puts the club up for sale, and to do it in public, with meaning. This summer is being pissed away, because it looks like were skint, and i cant for the world understand why, in this age of Premier League clubs having spending power bigger than any, we are falling behind off the pitch, depsite the work of Moyes on it. We are being run into the ground. Everythings on the never never, we've sold all the assets off, to fund loans so BK can keep control. People argue against foreign owners, well look what a blue is doing to the club, thank the lord we have David Moyes, because if he does fuck off, we may face an uncertain future. Everton for change now!!

Edited by Fozastuta

For me there is no moke without fire.

Something is happening behind the scenes somewhere along the lines things are going to blow up in our face.

\we have less numbers now than we did aat the end of last season and even then we knew we had a small squad.

If you don;t get a good start to the season it can mean you struggle for the rest of it (just look at when we got into the Champs league)

moyes has been terribly misquoted by the echo!

he was asked about the squad, he was saying we are short going forward, as in short of attacking players!

hopefully this problem with Green will end with him being in control.

wasnt green one of the people who loaned BK the money to buy the club in the first place?

Green at heart of Everton battle

Robert Lea, Evening Standard

Billionaire rag trader Sir Philip Green is the secret power broker in the bitter, multi-million-pound struggle for control of Everton Football Club, Green played a major role in the acquisition of a key 23% stake in the Merseyside club by Planet Hollywood tycoon Robert Earl from Everton board member Paul Gregg, the cinemas and leisure multi-millionare.

However, it is understood Green's involvement in the deal - at a time of unprecedented interest in the ownership of top Premiership clubs - is just the culmination of a longrunning relationship with Everton's other major minority shareholder, impresario Bill Kenwright..

Green admitted to the Standard: "Paul Gregg's stake in Everton was offered to me. I have always made it clear that I do

not want to own a football club so I introduced Robert Earl, a good friend of mine. It is no secret that Bill Kenwright is a good friend of mine too'

Evertonians are horrified that a king-making stake in the club has seen sold to a self-confessed Tottenham Hotspur supporter, and they have until now been unaware of Green's role in the deal-doing of club chairman Kenwright.

Green's involvement at Everton was first revealed by the Standard in the summer, but the retailer, who yesterday reported a slump in profits at his Arcadia High Street empire, has previously denied any interest, even telling the Daily Telegraph this week: 'It's nothing to do with me.'

The Everton power struggle comes at a time of massive takeover action at the top of the game.

The acquisition of 23% of Everton for around £9m by the mysterious special purpose vehicle BCR Sports which is being fronted by Earl, values the club at around £80m including debt.

Analysts reckon that Everton boardroom infighting - which has seen one-time friends Kenwright and Gregg part company as sworn enemies - have helped to stall any attempts to revive the club's fortunes.

Here's another rumour to help you sleep..

Wyness never resigned. Bill got a phone call late last week from an agent who said what the #### is going on at everton, ive got Wyness ringing me asking about players but not for everton but for Majorca. Bill didnt know what he was on about but hit the roof and called Wyness were the truth came out, seems he was doing it from his everton office too, Bill told him to clear his desk and #### off. So Bill being Bill didnt want the shit to hit the fan with the fans already mad about the move plus no signings ect, so he told people that Wyness resigned. But his big mistake was telling Earl who was putting the money up for moutino that Wyness had resigned to take another job. Now over the weekend Earl has since found out from his own sources the truth, he went mad about Bill lying to him and withdrew the Moutino money.

Moyes is obviously upset about whats been going on and has told people that he's near the end and is thinking of walking. he's also been told that the Johnson move looks like it could collapse because of a knee injury. if the deal doesn't go through all we have to spend now that Earl has withdraw funds is £7 million. Moyes will give it until the end of august to see what happens but if things stay as they are right now then he's gone. The players were told by moyes today at meeting whats going on, they are not happy about going into the season with just kids as back up.

dont know what else to add its knocked me for 6 but i do believe it...

http://members.boardhost.com/peoplesforum/...1217543543.html

you seem to quote these rumors with a big fat smile on your face louise......

If our club falls on its arse ill blame people like you..............

because that';s the right thing to do? because it's his fault? and that it has nothing to do with mismanagement of the highest order by the departed CEO, board etc?

what's next, you shouting it was the Warriors that shot Sirus??

be more apt :rolleyes:

Please come out and make a statement Everton, we're spouting the People's Club motto at every opportunity so act like it and give us some bloody clarity :angry:

For me thats the most worrying thing. This is the perfect time for the board to come out and reassure fans that there isn't a problem, that we are moving in the direction or we're at least handling the situation ad it won't disturb the plans for this season but nothing.

It's so confusing :unsure:

No its not directly his fault................ OBVIOUSLY

The point Im making is you dont know what's goping on in the Everton boardroom but you spread the doom and gloom to further JUSTIFY your own opinions / motives........ in other words you have an alterantive agenda ie Project Kirkby

One thing I dont want if things dont go well at Everton is sum smug KEIOC supporter smiling in my face saying "I told you so....Well at least were not in Kirkby"