IGNORED

Moyes: We Are In A Poor Position On The Transfer Front

Louis

I don't know whats happening behind the board and I don't have an alternative agenda as said before I don't live in the area so not going to talk about moving to Kirby or anything else as would not effect me.

However at this present time there is doom and gloom around.

We always think we have a bad summer and then something good happens, however this time we not even talking about players joining anymore we talking about things above that which we should not have to do.

No other club the premiership is being linked in the media like we are with problems with people leaving and having to sell to buy (and I don't includethe redshite that need to sell to buy Barry after they have already spent money)

The last 2 seasons we have finished 6 and 5 and we should be looking at moving forward.

If BK not got the funds to do it or can't get them in then he should be looking at doing everything in his power to either do it or look at selling the club.

And he should be looking at like we would as we want the best for our club. He comes out and says that he wants the best for the club and he is a supporter above anything else now is the time to prove it and doing something about it before we lose a start players and our manager.

Edited by Adam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there seems to be alot of rubbish flying about and whether Wyness is here or not doesn't bother me I just want to see us trying to make moves in the transfer market. I actually think once we get one signing in especially a big one everyone will calm down.

Does anyone know the context in which Moyes made the comments about it being a londg way off moving forward. I understand on some level you have to balance the books but if selling the whole first team (Baines AJ) is the way we do it then we may aswell start from scratch

Your not that bad Adam, usually you just highlight other posts or stories in the newspapers....... it doesnt come accross that you actually enjoying it all.... which is nice!!!!!

I don't honestly believe that any Everton fan (even those that want to stay in Liverpool) are enjoying this at the moment.

This should be a time that we as Everton fans should be looking forward.

Forget that the new stadium is outside Liverpool the fact remains that we MIGHT be getting new stadium (something that we need)

Instead we are maybe looking at worrying times and without anyone from Everton coming out and saying what is going on its left to people to try to work it out.

Not so long ago there was reports that AJ was going to Fulham. Nothing from Everton then finally they confirm an offer has been accepted.

Goes back to my post before. There is no smoke without fire.

Going back to my original point I honestly dont believe that any Everton fan is enjoying this at the moment

Actually I sort of agree with Dangermouse, I always have the utmost respect for Louis but quoting loads of these unbelievably depressing rumours (which probably don't have a shred of truth in them) is just winding up loads of Everton fans and it's all these sorts of rumours and innuendo that is making the transfer window so depressing. I think Everton fans are concerned enough without reading all sorts of doom and gloom that probably aren't true. You then get Everton fans asking for clarity from the board - why should they clarify the position? it's not their job to comment on every insane rumour that is going round, they have other things to do like try and make some signings! Now don't get me wrong, if any of these stories are true then we're in BIG trouble and I'll be pretty angry and I welcome any informed stories (not outright rumour), but until we know for certain let's just try and take them with a pinch of salt and keep a level head.

As for Warnock for Baines - AS IF. It was in the Sun, it's just scaremongering rubbish because papers have picked up on the fact that Everton fans are getting hysterical. Come on Everton make some signings and calm everyone down! :)

Edited by carlmc25

Coral have suspended bets on Moyes going, so your probably right, its not out of the question.

http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?page=groupp...;ms=&type=0

That's a link to "Who will be England's captain against Andorra?"

Coral's are still quite happy to take your money on DM being the next managerial casualty at 20-1....if you think it's going to happen get a wedge on to soften the blow ;) .

Only Ramos, O'Neill, Wenger, Ferguson and Scolari at better odds btw.

WE NEED INVESTMENT!!! We won't improve without new players an we need investment to get money so we can improve an increase our sqaud size not having to sell players in order to buy thats just idiotic!

how do you know....... are you DM's best mate? do you share a bed with BK?????

Has anyone actually come out and said "we have to sell in order to buy" NO!

No one knows here was it going on the inside of everton, however it is without confirmation from the club what is going on it is left to people to work things out for themselves.

People could be wrong people could be right you never know.

There is no hiding from the facts.

Everton are meant to be selling AJ

DM HAS said he wants/NEEDS 5 or 6 new players

The season is only 15 days away and we have 3 less players than we did at the end of last season and once AJ gone that will be 4

The squad is not big enough to handle an attack on a decent finish in the premiership and a good run in all the cups.

The clubs around us HAVE improved their squads and we have been left behind.

DM said 3 weeks ago or so that he wanted new player

DM is quoted as saying that there won't be any movement in the near future at present for new signings.

No one knows here was it going on the inside of everton, however it is without confirmation from the club what is going on it is left to people to work things out for themselves.

People could be wrong people could be right you never know.

There is no hiding from the facts.

Everton are meant to be selling AJ

DM HAS said he wants/NEEDS 5 or 6 new players

The season is only 15 days away and we have 3 less players than we did at the end of last season and once AJ gone that will be 4

The squad is not big enough to handle an attack on a decent finish in the premiership and a good run in all the cups.

The clubs around us HAVE improved their squads and we have been left behind.

DM said 3 weeks ago or so that he wanted new player

DM is quoted as saying that there won't be any movement in the near future at present for new signings.

Agree up to the last point there... thats the comment that has everyone running around in circles.........

Although its quoted i dont exactly think its credible.... it seems a little twisted and out of contex when you read the story.....

Agree up to the last point there... thats the comment that has everyone running around in circles.........

Although its quoted i dont exactly think its credible.... it seems a little twisted and out of contex when you read the story.....

I agree the qoute just dosen't fit the question asked, someone is playing silly buggers.

That's a link to "Who will be England's captain against Andorra?"

Coral's are still quite happy to take your money on DM being the next managerial casualty at 20-1....if you think it's going to happen get a wedge on to soften the blow ;) .

Only Ramos, O'Neill, Wenger, Ferguson and Scolari at better odds btw.

Scroll down mate, it is there :P

Moyes was 66/1 yesterday, and all summer, thats a massive drop in price. So the bookies aren't saying its a cert, but they know somethings a miss.

Moyes was 66/1 yesterday, and all summer, thats a massive drop in price. So the bookies aren't saying its a cert, but they know somethings a miss.

They've probably got their info from ToffeeTalk :lol: .

Fair point....he's 14-1 now (same as Benitez coincidentally) from 33-1 yesterday.

I'm off on holiday for two weeks in the morning, just make sure it's all sorted for when I get back eh lads :) .

They've probably got their info from ToffeeTalk :lol: .

Fair point....he's 14-1 now (same as Benitez coincidentally) from 33-1 yesterday.

I'm off on holiday for two weeks in the morning, just make sure it's all sorted for when I get back eh lads :) .

Hopefully we'll have wrapped up those 5 or 6 signings for you. Have a good one Mike :)

I'm not going to post any more Wyness related rumours.

Bill Kenwright has said there are funds available and I'll take his word for it.

DangerMouse - We are at opposite ends on the Kirkby debate and I don't think that will change but I assure you I'm not enjoying myself posting rumours about why Keith Wyness has departed (although I am relieved he has left the club).

The rumours I posted are from people who have been proven correct in the past and I felt it suitable to share them with the regulars on here.

Carl - Thanks for the respect ;)

Louis - keep posting the info you get. lets remember this is a forum, and a forum is for debate i do believe??? the stories that come out make debate, regardless of the source, but from past hearing Louis sources are usually spot on.

DangerMouse - if you want to have debate about the things going on in and around the club then this is the place to do it, but theres no point in comin here to complain about what we talk about, the same way we always talk about these things, as we have for years, its just wasting your own time. most regular members like the way we do things around here, its not going to change.

this thread is full of pansies harden the fuck up theres stil 15days stil the start of the season and 30days left in the window surely the team we have now can get results we need until new players come in after all the first 4-5 games arent exactly hard games.

anyways this should cheer some of u babies up.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/chai...-statement.html

Edited by 12ubb3rduck

this thread is full of pansies harden the fuck up theres stil 15days stil the start of the season and 30days left in the window surely the team we have now can get results we need until new players come in after all the first 4-5 games arent exactly hard games.

Great attitude to have :rolleyes: Playing the newly promoted teams right at the beginning of the season will not be easy at all, that's when they'll still have confidence.

“I am not going anywhere,” said Moyes. “I am here and intend to see the job through. We have great expectations and I hope that I am able to fulfil them.”

Of a new deal, he added: “I hope that maybe we can try and get together in the next week or two and sort something out.

“At the moment my energies are focused on bringing in new players. We have a certain amount of money to improve what we have got here.”

Moyes reckons Everton need “three or four” big money arrivals to bolster their squad, with Sporting Lisbon playmaker Joao Moutinho, Rennes midfielder Stephane M’Bai and Real Zaragoza’s Argentina striker Diego Milito high on his wanted list.

“I will not bring in just for the sake of it,” said Moyes. “We need to bring in three or four main players that are going to cost big money and my standards are that high that I’m not going to bring them down.

“We need to bring in better players now to try and help the squad. But we don’t have bundles of cash.”

The lack of new arrivals so far in the transfer window has heightened anxiety among Everton supporters.

Look another uber fan. You'll be saying the same when there's 7 days to go, 5 days to go. You cant blame people for not trusting this board, all i will say is World class Stadium, almost free.

In Moyes i trust, i dont in many others.

What I don't like about that article is this quote from Moyes - "We have a certain amount of money to improve what we have got here.”

I think what Moyes is saying is a message to BK as well as the fans tbh - “We need to bring in three or four main players that are going to cost big money and my standards are that high that I’m not going to bring them down."

Again though, actions speak louder words at the moment.

Its about time that someone (BK) came out and said something although I am like most in saying that actions speak louder than words.

If they bring in 4 players of the likes they have been linked with it would improve the squad.

The thing that worries me is that DM has said he wont buy just for the sake of it and that is good to hear but if he transfer targets don't come off then we will be left seriously short of numbers.