IGNORED

Bill Kenwright Will Sell

Expect a few more articles like this in the wake of the EGM showing how good Kenwright is. He is under pressure at the moment with the lack of transfers and the stadium move, Wyness left so he has no fall guy this time if anything goes 'wrong'- although this hasn't stopped the press from trying, did we ever have a survey about Michael Dunford's performance conducted by the Daily Post?

The buck stops with Kenwright.

The short answer (speaking for myself) is NO.

I do not see the connection with big money being put into the club by a new owner, and the obsession with becoming an out of town side.

because without Kirkby there is no back-up, do you really think an investor wants to come in and get involved with feasibility studies etc, angering fans, paying mega millions to fund a new stadium? With Kirkby in place they get a cheap stadium, they can't be blamed for the location and they can just get on with financing the team and running it as a business. They don't want to get involved with the messy stuff, they're not fans they're businessmen. Why would someone want to take over us now, anyone can see Goodison is becoming a shambles and we need a new stadium, but without Kirkby who knows how long it'll be before we get one.

Expect a few more articles like this in the wake of the EGM showing how good Kenwright is. He is under pressure at the moment with the lack of transfers and the stadium move, Wyness left so he has no fall guy this time if anything goes 'wrong'- although this hasn't stopped the press from trying, did we ever have a survey about Michael Dunford's performance conducted by the Daily Post?

The buck stops with Kenwright.

I personally think Kenwright has just had enough of the fans moaning, I don't blame him as I think there has been a distinct lack of gratitude for what he has done for the club. I think it's almost getting to the stage where he just wants to sell to virtually anyone now, which could be dangerous for our long term future. Let's just hope he remains patient and sells to the right buyer.

because without Kirkby there is no back-up, do you really think an investor wants to come in and get involved with feasibility studies etc, angering fans, paying mega millions to fund a new stadium? With Kirkby in place they get a cheap stadium, they can't be blamed for the location and they can just get on with financing the team and running it as a business. They don't want to get involved with the messy stuff, they're not fans they're businessmen. Why would someone want to take over us now, anyone can see Goodison is becoming a shambles and we need a new stadium, but without Kirkby who knows how long it'll be before we get one.

Sorry, but are you Ian Ross or summat?

After KD the same questions were asked of BK.

A business investment has to be viable, and if you were buying a house would you be happy with next door saying they had free use of that house for 100 times a year, or you had to pay for the development of the train station down the road.

Kirkby doesn't make it more attractive to invest. It gets bluebill more moolah but not at a viable return for investment.

Don't forget you said cheap stadium and a good businessman knows that a lot of revenue could be had from a stadium in the right location, try 10 minutes walk from the city centre :rolleyes:

The short answer (speaking for myself) is NO.

I do not see the connection with big money being put into the club by a new owner, and the obsession with becoming an out of town side.

I'm not a massive fan of moving out of the city, i would much sooner improve Goodison etc. The way i see it is that an investor coming in will see the club as more of an attractive option if it's already in place.

Plus there's the Liverpool factor, some investors (I'm not saying i agree) might see it we would always be in there shadow.

I personally think Kenwright has just had enough of the fans moaning, I don't blame him as I think there has been a distinct lack of gratitude for what he has done for the club. I think it's almost getting to the stage where he just wants to sell to virtually anyone now, which could be dangerous for our long term future. Let's just hope he remains patient and sells to the right buyer.

3m net spend a year, we are not worthy of this super blue. Bill Kenwright would have been slaughtered at most other clubs, i'm suprised he's got away with so many public cock ups.

would any good businessman rather buy a company who has moved away from its biggest market?

successful BUSINESSES move into cities, not away from them!

lets add to that the problem that their customers are going to have, trying to get to the "product" the company is selling.

would a businessman want to buy a company with no fixed assets? with no fixed assets, plus long term debt against future sales and against assets we no longer own? (we will still be paying the mortgages for Goodison Park when we are paying the mortgage for Kirkby)

if anything, looking at this with my business head on trying to take my heart out of it, everton are no better or bigger attraction in kirkby, if anything, they would be a less sound business from what i can see.

high debt + no assets = trouble for any business.

the only way out of the financial trouble that BK and KW have managed to create is if a sugar daddy comes along. and i for one seriously worry about the future of this club if we dont find a suger daddy.

im not saying sell up to any tom dick harry mustafa or boris, but unless someone "suitable" comes along i can see nothign but the slippery slope one tread upon by leeds united. we may not have spent as much as they did, but the club has been piled upon with debt, there will be a limit somewhere, and after that we will have to start paying the pied piper.

would any good businessman rather buy a company who has moved away from its biggest market?

successful BUSINESSES move into cities, not away from them!

lets add to that the problem that their customers are going to have, trying to get to the "product" the company is selling.

would a businessman want to buy a company with no fixed assets? with no fixed assets, plus long term debt against future sales and against assets we no longer own? (we will still be paying the mortgages for Goodison Park when we are paying the mortgage for Kirkby)

if anything, looking at this with my business head on trying to take my heart out of it, everton are no better or bigger attraction in kirkby, if anything, they would be a less sound business from what i can see.

high debt + no assets = trouble for any business.

the only way out of the financial trouble that BK and KW have managed to create is if a sugar daddy comes along. and i for one seriously worry about the future of this club if we dont find a suger daddy.

im not saying sell up to any tom dick harry mustafa or boris, but unless someone "suitable" comes along i can see nothign but the slippery slope one tread upon by leeds united. we may not have spent as much as they did, but the club has been piled upon with debt, there will be a limit somewhere, and after that we will have to start paying the pied piper.

Understand where you are coming from but you need to look at the product Everton are selling - football matches. All they need from their location is infrastructure (get fans to the ground) the location (city centre, outskirt, remote island) is not the key factor to be successful. If you have the same infrastructure out of the city as you do in the city centre, do you really think not as many fans will go to the games...?

You are letting the Kirkby thing shadow things here too, regardless of the location a new stadium does make Everton more attractive to invest in.

If you have the same infrastructure out of the city as you do in the city centre, do you really think not as many fans will go to the games...?

You are letting the Kirkby thing shadow things here too, regardless of the location a new stadium does make Everton more attractive to invest in.

i have previously said i believe a city centre stadium will struggle with the infastructure also, but would be helped by numerous train stations available in the city centre.

to be totally honest, research suggests with new stadiums you get a few years where the stadium will be full week in week out as people will want to go see the new thing. and i think that will happen, three years or so we will have full house. but as with every other new stadium, it drops down again, unless there is sustained success on the pitch, which we just cant predict anyway. but after that i think the drop could be a big one. we must remember, there is no scope for parking in kirkby, yes plenty of major roads going to kirkby, but kirkby will be a no park zone. we'll be talking an hour to walk to the ground, and in general, humans are lazy. taking the train will be a major ball ache as only 7000 can go per hour.

i hope no body thinks i have a problem with kirkby as a place. ive family in kirkby, if we move i'll be parking on their drive way and walking. and i only live in st.helens so its closer to my house than walton, i drive past kirkby to get to GP. the problem i have with it are the lies about the financial implications, if it goes over 78m we are in trouble. i have a problem with the transport issues and i honestly think thay will kill the attendances. im sure people remember seeing city play in half empty eastlands stadium a couple of years back, very depressing.

id love the club to pull it off and everything be just how KW mad out, because im a big fan of the design, its closer for me on a match day, but i cant see it myself. i dont think we'll be able to afford this anyway, and i dont think we can afford to develop GP. i honestly cant see anything happening with a stadium at all, not in the foreseeable future.