IGNORED

Stadium Decision

Louis

The stadium decision is expected to be announced tomorrow..

it could be called in delaying it up to a year/killing it or it could not which would see stadium construction begin pretty much immediately (it's already behind schedule).

If it's not announced don't be complaining :P

I'm in the opposite corner to yourself - no surprise there hey! ;). I'm confident of a call-in but not 100% (maybe around 60%).

There are people high up at Knowsley Council who have spoken out against it, some of whom have lost their jobs since speaking out.

The final submission for the transport plan was in my opinion inadequate, the government are trying to encourage green solutions for stadiums at the moment and this one is largely car reliant (despite the nearest car parks being 30-45minute walk away).

Too many local councils oppose it, private companies like Grosvenor, Aintree Racecrouse, Bootles shopping centre (The Strand?) and St. Modwens oppose it.

Tesco have led the development and they've said to the government "we know it breaks planning legislation but we will bring jobs to Kirkby", the residents opposing the development have said that the jobs created will be of lower quality than those they are replacing from surrounding areas. If the planning application is approved the precedent will be set which will allow Tesco to build what they liked because they say they will bring jobs to the area. Because of competition laws it'll allow Asda, Morrisons, Co-op and Somerfield etc. to do the same.

The Tesco jobs are not guaranteed to Kirkby residents for any longer than x months. I think it was 6 months from the top of my head.

Part of the application is that the existing shops in the area get an upgrade but this won't be until 2012/2014 and even then it isn't guaranteed that they will be spruced up.

Plus CABE have dismissed the plans as a "lost opportunity" and have recommended a public inquiry.

To be honest not worried about if Kirkby happens or not the thing that worries me is the short term problem and regardless of what people at Everton have said this must have an effect on Everton in the short term and transfers.

Can see very limited signings coming in now.

At the end of the day the club said that transfers were not connected to the stadium but no transfer have come in before the decision so make of it what you will

To be honest not worried about if Kirkby happens or not the thing that worries me is the short term problem and regardless of what people at Everton have said this must have an effect on Everton in the short term and transfers.

Can see very limited signings coming in now.

At the end of the day the club said that transfers were not connected to the stadium but no transfer have come in before the decision so make of it what you will

As usual..The one logical decision that can help us and our club in the long term pushes us back again. Is it surprising really? As for the people who didnt want the move out of the city boundaries...Well you have your wish, but its the long term progression of our club that suffers. We will either give up on this and back to square one again or do this but be even more behind schedule. Transfers and investment will suffer and again we will be the subject of negative publicity whilst the red shite swan through there new ground and sign quality players.

Can we get some good news at any point this pre-season as since the end of last Its been bad news, shit results and losing players.

I dont post much and sorry to be a bit negative but as a supporter who loves there club it hurts, but like any real SUPPORTER Ill back them no matter what

As usual its all smiles being a blue. :(

WCT ;)

where do we go from here?? i would imagine planning something else will put us years behind everyone. we have been planning this for 2 years without a brick being laid. if its back to the drawing board then how long can we expect to wait? its now looking like we are going to have no new serious capital coming in to the club in the foreseeable future so i cant expect moyes to hang around over the next few years while everton try and plan another stadium. he is still a young and hungry manager so im sure he will go to some club whose ambition matches his. kenwright, having failed twice on the stadium front, i expect will stand down.

where do we go from here? We let the people so opposed to a move to find us a financially viable location, with the interests of the club (not the location) in mind that won't bankrupt us. I wait glued to my seat to see what they would do now....

Exactly. Short sightedness and nostalgic feeling may cost us being a big club again...Lets just stay at Goodison and gradually perform at a level that our finances and turnover allow....Hope people are happy to be a mid table club, but at least we are still at Goodison! :blink:

Edited by WestcountryToff

im guessing the people upset by this never really looked at the inplications of kirkby anyway.

if anybody still thought the stadium was free, or that we would have a top quality stadium, or that congestion wouldnt be a nightmare, then rest assured, deal of the century was far from it.

and rest assured, as Goodison may not be modern, its not falling down around the pitch!

maybe now kenwright will start looking the plan b and plan c he mentioned at the last agm.

you want to be remembered bill, now keiths reign (and exclusivity agreement) are pretty much out of the way, you have your chance to step up to the plate and show your doubters what your capable of!

Exactly. Short sightedness and nostalgic feeling may cost us being a big club again...Lets just stay at Goodison and gradually perform at a level that our finances and turnover allow....Hope people are happy to be a mid table club, but at least we are still at Goodison! :blink:

what made you think kirkby would bring us all the riches? does increased debt not play a factor in the clubs finances?

nostalgia is not a factor i even consider, and by my understanding KEIOC are the same.

Goodison For Ever-ton are the nostalgic ones

Edited by StevO

we manged to stumble upon one of the most talented managers in these isles at a time when financially things were bleak. we were still recovering from the peter johnson period and large amounts of money were not available. certainly not on a scale that was available to our rivals. it is no fluke that he managed to turn us into the most stable team outside the sky 4. lose him we are fooked.

if the club is still trying to sort out any problems from peter johnson then that is serious mismanagement, should have been long sorted by now.

when moyes took over the team is what i meant.

i'm changing the subject of the topic. this is supposed to be about the stadium decision. i just see moyes contract decision being linked to it. call me paranoid.

From Knowsley Council site:

Kirkby transformation 'called in' for public inquiry. A £400m scheme which could transform Kirkby for future generations could be jeopardised by delays.

The application, brought by Tesco, is to create a new 50,000-seater stadium for Everton Football Club together with new shops, restaurants, a hotel and offices, creating more than 2,300 jobs.

It was referred to the Government Office North West in June this year after Knowsley’s planning committee recommended it for approval. It has now been called in for a Public Inquiry and the lengthy delays this will create could place the project at risk.

The Leader of Knowsley Council, Councillor Ron Round, said: “We are extremely disappointed as a Public Inquiry will delay the development – indeed this delay, in the current economic climate, places the entire project in jeopardy. From all of the consultation we have carried out, we believe that the majority of local residents are in favour of transforming Kirkby. The local elections in May this year gave the Council a clear mandate to continue with the scheme.”

“We have searched long and hard for years to attract the right investor to Kirkby and this scheme cannot be equalled. At this point in time, there is no plan B for Kirkby and no plan B for Everton Football Club. We will do all we can to keep the scheme alive and make sure the future of Kirkby is not put at risk.”

The Public Inquiry is expected to be held within the next 12 months.

Tesco originally submitted its planning application in January this year and the application has resulted in the borough’s largest-ever consultation exercise. At each stage, the views of residents and neighbouring authorities were taken into account.

The Leader of the Council added: “It was disappointing that some neighbouring authorities continued to object despite the improvements they requested having been made to the scheme. Their continued objections, therefore, could only have been for political reasons.

“It is particularly regrettable that some community leaders in Merseyside seemed unable to do the right thing for the Merseyside sub-region, which was to put aside their personal views in relation to Everton Football Club.

“This will only serve to damage the reputation of the region and undermine investment in Merseyside in the future.”

EDITOR’S NOTE

The plans were recommended for approval in June and, due to the nature of the development, referred to the Government Office North West for approval.

The scheme would more than 2,300 jobs, including 350 which Tesco has earmarked for long-term unemployed Knowsley residents.

Kirkby would also benefit from large-scale environmental improvements.

The development would attract an extra 1.2m visitors to Knowsley every year, spending an additional £13.6m in the local economy.

Local supply chains would be boosted, with up to £900,000 of orders per year with local businesses.

I'm really concerned now, more so than I have been in years. How could we go from such optimism in May to this bleakness? I would have reservations about moving outside the city boundaries, but it seemed short of redeveloping GP there was no viable prospect on the table as an alternative to DK. Kenwright's SSN interview yesterday would not have fooled me one bit, have seen it all before with lies on a far greater scale. Outside of the footballing element, have Kenwright and Co. actually ever succeeded at anything on a purely business level???

Now 2 failed new stadium attempts, the Fortress farce, the NTL cock-up, the resignations of two CEO's, public fallings-out between board members, poor corporate sponsorship and marketing, Bellefield, increasing debt, one of the lowest net transfer spends in the Premiership ETC ETC ETC ETC.

If ultimate;y have have to suffer to have these people removed then so be it - it is now abundantly clear we will never progress with the likes of Bill and his false mates first Gregg, now Earl. Is there any Evertonian anywhere with a sufficiently high public profile to speak for us all and say this just has to end. I'm sick and tired of this. It almost has an air of inevitability too. Build our hopes us and then take them away in the space of 12 weeks. Don;t bet on new signings. I'm sure I will be like 1000's of others logging on here at 11:55 pm on August 31st to see if we have managed a loan signing.

Considering The will against the move was soooo popular as we were allways told by KEIOC.... its good to see TWO of you on here showing how pleased you our with the decision to call in Project Kirkby.....

What if everything WAS tied into Kirkby................

No Moyes

No Players

No Investment

Bad Times

make that 3, i dont think the oldest club in the city should be located outside the city. whilst i've been supportive of the departed wyness and bill (see old treads) previously, they should have a plan to take everton forward, that included moyes, transfers and investment..that is their job and they would have failed if they havent realise that a plan b is required.

well from your logic louis.......Every thing that has been said by DM, BK,KW has been judeged to be lies............. so why not

Ive allways said im not a lover of BK but I am a realist.... why should they tell you or me what their dealings are... Its a business.

Things like BK on SSN i think was a PR stunt.... what way thats going to go I wouldnt have a clue.

Im Not for / against Kirkby but do think we need to move ASAP.. Many things said about Kirkby may or may not be true... but im sure the goal is to be more profitable.............again, why should he tell you or me........

A profitable club... you all seem to forget......

gets better players

generally has more success

Edited by DangerMouse

Do you forget "ferguson is god" that we have already had two plans IN liverpool fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you forget the outcry against johnson for trying to move to aintree

Did you forget the outcry from "Goodison for everton" when we tried to move to the kings dock...

Do you remeber LCC fucking us off in all atempts to build in the city including the above..?????

It wasnt until we called their bluff that they actually gave a fuck......

Edited by DangerMouse

make that 3, i dont think the oldest club in the city should be located outside the city. whilst i've been supportive of the departed wyness and bill (see old treads) previously, they should have a plan to take everton forward, that included moyes, transfers and investment..that is their job and they would have failed if they havent realise that a plan b is required.

I initially was into moving from Goodison but Kirkby was sold on lies. I can only see Kirkby as a bad move for the future of Everton, it wasn't the best of Stadiums and how did we propose to fill a 50,000 stadium when we don't fill a 40,000 Goodison? Where was the extra fans going to come from? I'm distressed that we were allegedly having to stump up 78m as part of the funding when we were told we would get it for practically nothing. I know 78m was probably going to be bad ass loans and investments so surely we should have a few bob for players if this plan is over? I'm not an idiot and suggesting we should have 78m to spend but surely it must free up some money?

Goodison ain't the worse stadium in the country but if the shite are going to leave Anfield then maybe we should claim our old home back and re-develop it? Can't cost that much can it and it holds more than Lady Goodison?

Its not all doom and gloom Everton will be around a lot longer than you and I. If we want to succeed stop the negativity and get behind our boys lets p off Liverpool by breaking into the top four, I still think this is a goal with the team we have and expect big things considering we lost Yakubu, Pienaar, and Yobo at crucial stages of last season due to ACON.

We still have Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Lescott, and Tim Howard, all match winners in there own right.

Edited by Mikels Left Tezzer