• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd plump for this team:-

Howard

Neville Jags Yobo Lescott

Arteta Osman Rodwell Baines

Yakubu Mr Testicles.

Mr Testicles parterning Yak upfront may seem like a contraversial choice for some, but having a big load of bollocks heading the team at the moment seems fairly apt.... still probably better choice than smith though :P

This made me LOL anyway as I said elsewhere I reckon would play

------------Howard------------

Gosling-Jags-Lescott-Valente

------------Neville---------------

Arteta-Rodwell-Osman-Baines

------------Yakubu----------------

Bench

Yobo, Baxter, Turner, and umm maybe Mr Testicles

This made me LOL anyway as I said elsewhere I reckon would play

------------Howard------------

Gosling-Jags-Lescott-Valente

------------Neville---------------

Arteta-Rodwell-Osman-Baines

------------Yakubu----------------

Bench

Yobo, Baxter, Turner, and umm maybe Mr Testicles

please tell me why on earth you would play 4 5 1 with the amount of midfielders we have fit, everyone is raving about gosling but id never throw him strait into the first team, Neville needs to stay rightback if he has to play because in midfield we can't keep the ball for 3 passes.

------------------HOWARD--------------------

NEVILLE-----YOBO------JAGS-----LESCOTT

ARTETA------OSMAN----RODWELL----BAINES

--------------VAUGHAN----YAKUBU------------

I think thats the best we can hope for myself.

please tell me why on earth you would play 4 5 1 with the amount of midfielders we have fit, everyone is raving about gosling but id never throw him strait into the first team, Neville needs to stay rightback if he has to play because in midfield we can't keep the ball for 3 passes.

I think thats the best we can hope for myself.

I assumed Vaughn was suspended and Jukewicz has looked a bit crap in the pre season games I have seen.

NEVILLE-----YOBO------LESCOTT-----VALENTE

ARTETA------OSMAN----JAGS----BAINES

i can see this happening. whether or not it works is another issue, i certainly hope it does

Substitute Players

26. In any League Match a Club may include in its team sheet up to 7 substitute Players of whom

not more than 3 may take part in the League Match subject to the conditions set out in Law3

of the Laws of the Game.

got this from premier league rules... so basically you can have a max of 7 subs but you can still only use 3. i was under the impression it was a requirement to have 7, but this says otherwise :eh:

either way, we are probably gonna get mawled by middle of the road blackburn on saturday unless we bring in some quality soon, yak isnt super man :(

Just been scouring the web for some team news for tomoro, seems every other team except everton have team news info. Everton have neat little line "everton team news will appear here". I just wonder when.... in the meantime i think i'd go with this formation

not too sure about jags in midfield, i'd give rodwell a chance, looked pretty good against PSV on sat. that would leave a solid backline. the last thing we wanna do is conceed on saturday. a clean sheet and perhaps a goal or two from the jak will do me fine.

Everton from: Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Vaughan, Jutkiewicz.

From the Everton Website so thats 17 people to pick I think this season 18 places as can now have 7 on the bench and that includes 3 goalkeepers.

Iain Turner up front anyone?

Think it might be a draw. 2 v 2

Everton from: Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Vaughan, Jutkiewicz.

Whe you see it in black and white like that it makes you want to cry....does me anyway. Paper thin.

Time for one or two of the lads to make names for themselves.

Clean sheet first objective, then try and nick four or five :P .

Solid three points....has anyone honestly tipped anything else in the Anusol?

The Beeb have a slightly different squad...

Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Jutkiewicz, Agard, Kissock, Wallace.

Vaughan out injured according to them but Agard, Kissock and Wallace in.

Beeb's squad lists are normally wrong so don't take any notice.

team must be

------------Howard----------

Neville---Jags---Yobo---Lescott

------------Rodwell---------

Osman---Arteta----Baines?

------Yak-----Vaughan-----

I don't see him doing much different to that, it's going to be a very defensive line up whatever with lots of defensive players available compared to the attacking players. Can't see what we can do with the left wing over than baines. Not sure exaclty where gosling plays and don't know how he's been playing but would expect Rodwell to get the place over him as the defensive mid role.

Subs, anyone with 2 legs and a pair of boots who currently has a squad number.

I can not believe how pessimistic some people are, it is unbelievable. Just remember the quality we have in our team. We have 3 Current International Center Half's on our team in Yobo, Jags, and Lescott. Arteta is absolute quality when he is fit, and all signs point to him being fit right now. Yakubu is one of the the best African strikers in the world. All in all I believe we need signings to hold our 5th place spot, but lets face it we still have a lot of quality on our team. A team like Blackburn should be dealt with. A true Everton fan understands the meaning of grit and patience. The lack of both of those qualities on this board truly astounds me. Have faith, as long as Moyes is manager, I believe we can win any game. True Everton fans will back the club through thick and thin, there is no need to go negative on the club. Sure this offseason has been frustrating, but I still see the same quality I saw last year. Keep the faith gents.

dont confuse negativity and frustration with not backing the club. there are many varied views around here of the current state of EFC but we all back the club through thick and thin. the faith is often hard to keep. the worrying thing for me is moyes looks and sounds just as worried as the fans